****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

fab news Itsy :)

I am much better than i was thank you, had my stitches out yesterday.

I cant believe she is already a week old today everything seems to be whizzing by :(

Wow where is the time going and happy birthday to you too xxx

So how are you getting on at home?

awww lolley funny how time flies when they arrive! glad you are feeling better , happy birthday aswell! hope are you are being spoilt rotten!

itsy i hope you start progressing soon! how exciting! the end is in sight x

That's good news Itsy, hope things get going soon. My dad had no luck, he got the same nurse, I'm calling at 2pm now, we shall be saying something as it's not good when all you want to know is that the op has gone well and she's ok.

Wow has it been a week Lolley!? How time flies, Happy birthday :cake: have a good day x

Aww, itsy, hope everything is going well!

Just dropped Amber at school and I had had to park miles away up a huge hill and when I make it to the playground and no one lets me sit down on the benches... :growlmad:

Lazy ignorant so and so's - how rude! Hope your ok Ailey x

how rude Ailey! i was at the bus stop the other day and not one person let me sit down, the bus was 30 minutes late aswell! some people are just so rude!

i need a nap but i want to watch 60 minute makeover! :lol:

hi girls!
I haven't caught up on posts but thought i'd write quick version of my birth story while Ivy is sleeping.
I have only slept for one hour last night so can't believe i'm even here yet, back on BNB!

Well as you girls know I lost my plug yesterday morning.. was cramping throughout the morning then around 11am they started to get really quite painful, but weren't regular enough, about every 7-12 mins.
Liam decided to come home from work and we timed the contractions. They were getting stronger but not more regular, even at 4pm I had a break of 17 mins between them! I walked around A LOT (which really helped as pains were stronger when I did) even had lunch in crouch end and ice cream later!! I was contracting while ordering my meal, couldn't even speak to the waitress.

At about 5pm i felt i needed to go the hospital... was really painful in the cab and I started crying after one particularly bad one!!
Well, got to hosptial.... typical Birth centre was FULL, labour ward with pools fULL - I got examined in the Triage - can you believe I was already 5cm dilated!!! I was crying for epdiural at this stage, they wheeled me to labour ward as i couldn't walk, and i cant' tell you how my contractions just intensified after that point, I was wailing and screaming for pain relief!! Turns out I dilated extremley quickly and within 20 minutes felt like pushing, the anethitist came then but it was too late!! I was screaming for him to stay but they said I had to push the baby out. I hated the G&A as felt like it slowed down the labour and distracted me.. so i had NO pain relief whatsoever... I wasn't trying to be hero... I was really really panicking that i wasn't having any..

I arrived at triage at 5.40pm, got examined at 6pm and had Ivy at 6.57pm.

Very very very quick labour and i was in total shock and shaking.. I had a second degree tear unfortunatley and did have gas and air then which actually felt good. felt like they took ages to stitch me up too.

I've had no sleep because all the private rooms were full, plus birth centre - so i was stuck on the post natal ward full of cyring babies last night. My whole birth plan went up in smoke, i gave birth the total opposite of what i wanted but i'm really glad i got through it and actually feel very proud of myself!!! Even if it was hectic!

Ivy is latching on really well, my nipples are sooo sore already!!
Liam has posted a pic of me and ivy on FB, I'll post some here when i have time. She has TONS of hair and looks exactly like her daddy!!

Sorry turned out to be a long birth story!

And here's some labour luck and dust to all you cupcakes :dust:

I'll still be around addicted to BnB and our thread so will check in again soon and catch up on posts when I can

Love, Lilly xxxx

oh i forgot to add she was back to back as well!! she came out head up! Midwives said i must have a very good pelvis for birth :haha: speaking of, i had two midwives and they were really really lovely.

also, like an idiot i forgot slippers, toothbrush and paste to take in to hospital - so remember you have those girls! I also forgot my pregnancy pillow which wouldve been amazing.

will post pics soon xxxx

Thanks for posting Lilly. Awwwwww it does sound like it was hectic and you must be so tired. Can't believe the birthing unit and hospital were so busy. Hopefully you'll be home soon and settling in xxx

Awww Lilly, you have every right to be proud! I'll def see if I can find the pic on FB. Congrats! I hope your tears aren't too painful.

Thanks for sharing!

Aww, great to hear from you lilly! well done you! how much did Ivy weigh? xx

Fab birth story Lilly you did fab!

I'm sat waiting to be seen , I hope its good news!

aww lilly congrats hun how bloody quick was that!! hope you are feeling well sounds like your in shock of how quick it went!!

hope everyone else is well and we have some more summer cupcakes soon!!! sorry not been around alot havent been around much just sleep and eat and visitors!! had my postnatal check today all went well poor bub had heel prick test :( but hes put on weight which is good :D

Well done Lilly you should be so proud! Hope your tear isn't too painful, sounded hectic but your such a brave lady managing without pain relief!
Glad to hear she's feeding well but not that you are sore :(

Can't wait to see a pic I'm sure she is beautiful :)

What a day. I've pretty much been sleeping all day. Really feel rubbish. Taken paracetamol and having a rlt right now. Currently cooling the bedroom down so i can get out of this heat.

I find it hard to leave housework. Can't bare leaving hoovering and tidying but no choice. Done a tiny bit while on the phone to my sister but that's it.

Hubby taking Monday off so we'll have a long weekend which is nice.
I can't believe how off I feel. It feels like I have a bug.:(

Sorry a bit moany and a bit down today. I presume its just pregnancy homones as ive no reason to be down. I'll be fine. Usually I'm a happy bunny.

Hope you're all ok.

Wish I had my own family around me right now. All live in Ireland :(

wahooo i have fab news , 1 cm dilated, cervix is favourable baby is fully engaged and through the brim , she can feel his head he is right there ready to go just a case of waiting for him! next stretch and sweep is booked for wednesday and induction for the 9th july 8am as there was no room on the 7th and 8th! started having period type cramps but i think thats because i have been messed with below! but fingers crossed! be back later as im going to order curry xxx

That's great news hch. Woohoooooo yay. Enjoy your curry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->