****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

lol my first definite movement felt like a bubble lol no other way to describe it. last night it felt sort of tingly and very odd. have no idea what LO was doing in there to cause me to tingle lol sometimes i feel sort of gentle pushes. this is my first so i havent got a clue what they all mean, its just exciting to be able to feel so many things!! =)

Thanks ladies!!

I really thought I felt something yesterday... three distinct, separate times kind of throughout the day (at my desk at work... then in the car... then in the evening at home). The first time I thought I was imagining it... the second time I was trying to convince myself that it was something else, but the third time I just wanted to know if it was even possible to feel it during the day! So today I'm going to try and pay lots of extra attention to see if I feel it again :) But thanks for the responses!

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Hi everyone.

So much for me shopping today lol hubby went off to work with the car key In his pocket. A first. Good excuse to stay in really. Think we'll go shopping together on Sunday instead. More chance we'll buy with him there to lift everything :)

My dreams are mental!!!!!!

So how is everyone?

My boobs are much better, nipples still a bit sore to touch.
Syatica still very much there especially at night ( luckily I have a tempur mattress / memory foam which is perfect for getting comfy )
Spots are starting again on my chin! Hope they go again.
Hair is so much better thanks to the Aussie miracle brand! ( it's soft and lovely)
But really Im In a good way. Really happy and just looking forward to being a mum.

Yesterday someone guessed girl and said i had a lovely bump so early on (hehe) ( with clothes maybe ). Her daughter is studying massage and her tutor told her a way to guess gender. The heals are connected to the ovaries and she can tell from pressing them. So she's gonna try it on me after I know the sex. I won't tell her if she's right or not till much later on :) funny tho.

Been thinking lots about my baby. Quite happy now to have either sex. I've decided that if it's a boy there is no way he'll be a stinky teenager with awful dress sense lol. And his room will stay clean and tidy and not closed to everyone but him lol. I've seen too many boys Like this and no way is that happening hehe! :) lol

Hope youve all got nice weekends ahead.

Hugs xxx

aww starglow i love how happy you sound :)

im really great hoping all you are too!!! :)

i brought tommy tippee bottles last night and set of 3 vests in cream had cute things like made with love and small but perfect on them :)

starglow 17 days til our scan! its coming around fast!!! :D

hi everyone!

i know time is flying quickly now it seems - I really can't wait to find out what everyone is having!! Starglow - having a boy first was actually great - with my DS i wanted a girl but I fell so in love with him even in the womb - boys are AMAZING and really love their moms - BUT I get you on the stinky teenager part!! I even asked DH when do boys start.. er.. touching themselves! i'm terrified for that! :haha: I think Kai will be a good teenager though, well I really hope so :winkwink:
this is why I really wanted a girl this time around... a nice change of scenery!

I had a bit of a blow today - completely off topic but you know we're going away to thailand in a few weeks? - well I just got booked to do the fashion week shows for London Milan and paris and I can't go because they're all right over my holiday!!! Its so annoying, as huge career thing for me - i've never done milan .. wish I could change our holiday but then i'd have to pay £500 excess AND take kai out of school for 2 weeks - so I said no. I hope i've made the right decision! Just really bummed about it.. ah well. sorry for my mini rant!

Only 2 more sleeps til my re-scan! i hope we get more pics too, i'll post them up!

whats everyone up to this weekend?

xx

oh thought i'd post one of my 16 week scan pics where bean looks like ET!! so cute..:baby:

Attachments

• IMG02123-20110114-1204.jpg
    IMG02123-20110114-1204.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2
Hi, been lurking for a bit, have some really down days. Having more issues with the morning sickness. Last night was particularly horrible, couldn't eat or drink anything. The nutritionist is starting to think its being caused by heartburn and she wants me to see my OB about taking some heartburn meds instead of the zofran.

Lily-wow that is an exciting career opportunity! Sounds exciting :)

I have my scan in ten days, the days feel like they are crawling by...i promised myself i wouldn't buy anything until after the scan...
I think i have felt the baby move but i am not sure. It feels like a bubble poking me gently from the inside, usually when I'm resting or last night bean did it while i was heaving over the trash can. Its been happening for a few days now, so i am assuming it has to be the baby, but its my first so I'm really just guessing.

I plan to actually go a little shopping this weekend. First time i will have been out shopping since christmas. Can't wait to just sleep in tomorrow morning, will be nice. The weekends seem to fly by when I'm dreading going to work everyday.

wow lilly! look at the your little girls hand! amazing!!!!!

@ bluestarlight- I'm so sorry to hear about your m/s problems :( I was terrified that mine would never go away (it finally started letting up at 15w) and I know exactly how it feels to dread going to work (and throwing up in the car, which I did often) and I hope that your mw/doctor find something to help you! :hugs:

We're also waiting to find out the gender before buying anything! 11 more days!!

@ Lilly- Good for you for sticking to your plans! You've been so excited about this vacation and it's going to be great! Even the fact that they asked you to do it shows you that your career is doing fantastic, and there will definitely be more opportunities!

Woohoo hch re scan.

Lilly that must have been a tough one to decide Hun.

Well after house hunting we bought our first baby item. Lol it's really not at all interesting!!! We got the cheap Travel cot/ play pen from Asda. £25. It's very boring but cheap and good quality. Cheaper than online too. They were flying off the shelves

Bed time. Nite Xxxxxxxxx

Need more baby stuff but cute stuff lol.

Morning everyone

Up early today as was in bed early and slept well.

Ashley yay on feeling movement :D It is an odd feeling isn't it, very unsure whether it is or not but then you think it must be!

I asked the consultant on Thursday about some dull aches I have been getting low down inside in cervix region, they only last seconds and happen every few days, the consultant wasn't sure as everyone feels different aches and pains but it could be baby kicking there :shrug: She wasn't concerned

Lilly real tough decision but I'm sure you made the right one, your holiday will be fab and like Itsy said I'm sure you will come by more opportunities later :flower:

Starglow congrats on your first buy, doesn't it feel good to start getting things. I'm also having mad dreams too, lots of faces in my dreams from my past...very strange! Spots are an issue for me too just around my mouth :(

My parents bought us a pack of 7 vests in white yesterday newborn size, I'm not sure if we should buy more in that size?

We are going to go shopping tomorrow I really need to get some more bras and hopefully get measured. I feel my belly has popped out these last few days I'll try do a bump pic this weekend.

Hope you all have a good weekend, just going to clean this morning as we have some family popping by after lunch xx

Woohoo to your bump popping hun :) :) yay. The dreams are so vivid. They were full of people from the past. Now they're just crazy lol and so many different ones in a night. Completely bizarre themes.

My lo is now the size rump to head of a cantaloupe melon :) and about 5.5inches.

I'm going to research cots etc online and check in the stores if things are in stock for tomorrow. It's not our town we buy in as there's little choice , we drive only about 30-40 mins away where they have a massive morhercare, mamas and papas and baby r us.

The travel cot is handy. It's safe for baby to sleep in and play in from birth. Keeps them safe in the daytime if u have to leave the room. Mind you I don't plan on leaving lo in it much.

I need to research which bottles to get as I haven't a clue what's best to get.

Ok that's my rambling for now.

Have a great day all x

Oh happy shopping then Starglow.

We got Avent bottles on recommendation from a friend, who's sister recommended to her after having 3 girls, apparently they are good as they do a microwave steriliser that takes 6 bottles, so that's what we went out and got then my other friend gave me one! That's going to be a spare at my parents so very useful!
You can get the micro steriliser set for £12.50 most places, we got ours at Mamas & Papas, it has two bottles in, a soother and teats I think too ...

I think we are liking the Mamas & Papas cots one in particular is the Ocean one which is expensive but lovely...going to wait a bit on that buy yet and see what our budget can afford :D

I love hearing about all the things you guys are buying!! It gives me lots of ideas :)

I have a question... I see a lot of you talking about bottle sterilizers. For those of you buying these now, are you planning to breastfeed, and buying the sterilizers 'just in case' or for after you want to stop? Or are you not planning to breastfeed? I'm just kind of confused with what we need to buy for the basic stuff, and what things we can buy later, as we need them.

I probably won't be on much the rest of the weekend... doing some shopping in a few minutes (for curtains! yay!) and tonight we're going out to dinner and then there is a big work party... (for like 3000+ employees, it's going to be huge)... tomorrow my SIL's birthday... then back to work, boo! Although my boss announced on Thursday (2 days ago) that Friday (yesterday) would be her last day because she's moving to Japan, and HER boss decided to temporarily give me her job until a replacement can be found! So I'm actually pretty excited about that! :happydance:

Anyway, enough rambling... have a great weekend ladies!

Morning all!

I was supossed to going to pick up our crib this morning, but my stupid bank wont log on so I can't transfer any money....grrr....
Was going to pop to Asda at the same time as I have a token for a free huggies starter kit.

I'm getting the MAM bottles as they are self sterilising so you don't need the steriliser, even though we have one from my first.
I am planning on breast feeding, but getting the kit just incase.

Fox force re the vests I had about 12 vests for my daughter in newborn size as she went through a couple a day with leaking nappies etc and it just means you don't have to have the washer on quite so often.

Have a good weekend all and happy shopping! ;)

Phew!!!!!!! I find all the stuff we need to get really over- whelming!

Firstly I'll be getting a steriliser and all the bottles, teets etc for using from birth. I am wanting to breast feed but we'll need the steriliser after anyway. Also if we need to express it's easier if everythings ready to go. think I'll go for the avent range but I want to check out the doctor brown range too.

Regarding baby sleeping day and night. This is really tough. Theres so many options. Baby goes straight into cot. Baby starts in Moses basket and then cot, or what I've just seen a fab travel cot which has a Moses basket type snug top to start with but is also a play pen and travel cot/ cot for £69. I love the design. It's warm beiges and has a play mobile with a hood ( useful for garden) and is on wheels. Gotta run this by hubby.

Buggy- OMG this is killing me. The one we are considering has a few things that has me uncertain. Mainly that it feels too big for 5ft nothing of me to be pushing about. Hubby is much taller and thinks I'm talking rubbish. But I refuse to buy it until I check out all of them again. It's a great deal - a pushchair but that starts as a pram and has a car seat that sits in the buggy facing you etc. It's good and fits in car and boot. Only £180 reduced from £400. it's a three wheeler and easy to manouver. Easy to collapse and fairly light weight. See it's exhausting just typing this lol.

I want a clear idea if what I want to see tomorrow as hubby gets frustrated with me when I'm so indecisive.

It's all exciting but it's also completely confusing for a first time mum to be. :(

The thing with newborn baby grows and vests tho is we don't know what size our babies will be in. My sister bought loads of new born normal size stuff and her baby was so tiny at just over 4lbs that get hubby had to dash to get teeny tiny vests/ grows and even they were swimming on her! Can't win really.

Aileymouse. How annoying about your bank. Can't you phone them instead of online as it's their fault you can't get in x

the clothes thing is confusing!! i am just going to buy tiny baby. newborn baby and 0-3 i have 20 0-3 vests already... lol damn cute multipacks and not being able to decide which ones to get!! but will get about 10 of each in the other sizes too.. everyones said just to buy 0-3 but i really think itl be too big both me and my oh were tiny at birth so id rather have clothes that fit nicely atleast we can pass them on or sell them or after!

ive got the tommee tippee set of steriliser- microwave one and bottles only got 6 as planning to breastfeed but we will see how it goes

cant remember wh mentioned the ocean cotbed but i love it!! unfortunatly its just that lil bit to expensive for us and wee just had a rent increase too grr!!! so i think wel go for the moda range from mamas and papas they have a good deal on it at the minute of buy cotbed and dresser for £350 were going with the hodge podge theme too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->