****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Caught up. Eek I haven't stopped this week. Over did it yesterday and could barely crawl into bed lol. Another few hours to go before I can chill out.

Oohhh baby stuff coming on Friday :) looks like we are staying in our own home and putting off moving for a couple of years. We'll be doing it up which means I may do the nursary. Means we loose our spare room but I think I'll just get a cheap sofa bed for guests to stay. Could be handy for feeding in the nursery anyway.

Any hoooooo. Gotta fly. Back later x

hiya ladies jsut dropping in really busy this week!! hope everyone is well conrgats on 18 weeks to everyone else today who joined me 2 WEEKS TILL THE NEXT SCAN YAY!!!

Hi Girls

Itsy your bump is fab! i'm jealous of your boobs :haha: !!

Well i've spent all day doing my bloody tax return, what a nightmare! Ailey, yes I do actually get Maternity allowance from the govt but it's paltry compared to what I would get if I was employed, it won't even cover my monthly rent - just a little bit scary! I've also been super quiet at work lately :-(

Anyways, bump wise things are fine.. I'm feeling a bit bigger and feeling slightly more occasional movement than usual, still very light though. DH put his hand on my tummy last night and we *think* he felt her move but not sure if it was in his imagination or not!!

Mama Afrika-- let us know what your GP says! I haven't had that problem, but it sounds really uncomfortable :(

foxforce- I've had nipple pain twice... it was really weird, and I didn't expect it (just in my left nipple). It was a sharp, shooting pain... it lasted just on and off for one day then went away, and I haven't had it in a week or so. Is this the first time it's happening to you?

I made a bump picture today... 18 weeks! :)

View attachment 160845

Went to the GP today about the pain and tingling in my hands, she was quite disappointing. She told me to change duties (not practical,I spend all day at a computer) or to self certify off sick for a week to see if it makes a difference. I think I'll get a wrist support brace to get me through the day until this goes away.

On a positive note, I feel movement everyday now, its so reassuring.

hey girls! finally caught up!! hope everyone is feeling ok today! just spent a good 20 minutes looking for babys heartbeat! altho i knew he was ok as he did one almighty kick its just reassuring to hear the heart beat! have got my moses basket its the mamas and papas millie and boris! 12 days til our scan starglow! i cant believe we are nearly half way! its flown by! hope the next 20 weeks fly by too!

Awww I'm looking forward to 7th hch :)

Woohoo hubby is up for sorting the nursary out too. Yay. Decorating here we come x

Evening ladies,

you all sound like busy bees :)

I got my blood results today - low risk :)

also had baby monitors delivered and my new phone all though its testing my patience at the minute :(

I did book our holiday as well though today, going to Egypt next April :happydance:

Morning Cupcakes :wave:

Fab news Starglow on decorating your nursery yay it's exciting, think we'll start in spring.

Lilly that's awful on the maternity pay such a shame :( I'm sure your work will pick up, think this time of year is a difficult time for lots. But Yay on hubby ?feeling movement. I can't wait to be sure on feeling movement.

Woohoo congrats on booking a hol Lolley and your results :thumbup: thats something to look forward to, so jealous of you all managing to get away before baby arrives, we have a friends wedding 2 weeks before I'm due which is a 2 day thing at a posh hotel at Lake Windermere in the Lakes so that will costs us a holiday - I hope I get to it! :wacko:

hch I think my mum and dad are getting me a moses basket from M&P's - not sure on which yet, I'm thinking Gingerbread or Hodge Podge :shrug:

Must be a busy week for all of us as we haven't been here as much! I have tomorrow off work as I have been working extra hours and we are picking up our pram system :happydance: so be a nice long weekend. I haven't slept well last two nights, really restless legs and just waking up - not good :( Hopefully that will stop tonight!

I'll check back later hope you all have a lovely day xx

Oohh can't wait to know what pram you pick. :) best feeling when you finally order it.

It has been a silly silly silly busy week for me that's for sure. Just today till 6pm to go and then 3 days off. I hope to get started on decorating colour ideas but I gave a load of yucky research and paperwork to to for work and house stuff. Still I'll be at home which will be great.

I'm so tired from this week. It's unreal.

My bump was so tight last night but I had such a lovely sleep.

Right better face today lol

I'll be back later. Have a great day everyone xxx

foxforce, I had restless legs all through my first pregnancy, was so annoying!

I'm kinda dreading working today as it's so cold and the days just go so slow.

We're going on holiday to Torquay in April hopefully. Staying close to home, just incase.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day xxx

were going with hodge podge i love it buying some tomoro when get paid because its on sale till sunday night!

Thanks itsychick, i hope its the end of the nausea too. The heartburn meds seem to be doing more for it than the zofran ever did :) its such a relief.

My mom and I just spend the 4 hours this morning shoveling the driveway out from another foot of snow that fell last night...i don't think i can take anymore snow. We are running out of places to put it, some piles in our driveway are now 10 ft high, its crazy.

Aileymouse, wow that is awesome he could feel the movement! my bean has been going crazy this morning after i have been resting at work from all the snow shoveling. Still can't feel from the outside yet but the kicks were definitely stronger.

Starglow, that is awesome on starting the nursery. Since we live with my parents, we live in the 2 (large) rooms of the finished attic. We have to cordon off a space in the living room as the baby's room. For the first few months though we are going to use a bassinet in the bedroom so i won't have to go far for midnight feeds and such.

hch, i bet having a hair cut and color feels awesome! i would love to go get one, my hair is getting super frizzy and its growing so fast now. Tried switching conditioners, nothing seems to help it.

So exciting that everyone is getting baby stuff! i have been eyeing websites but i'm really a hands on person. I'm waiting til after i find out the sex then i'm taking a trip to babies r us to play with baby stuff :D 4 more days! oh the slow torture of waiting from the excitement!

bluestarlight, I didn't realize you live in MA! I'm flying next week to visit my parents in Virginia... I've also been holding out on buying stuff until we know the sex (5 more days!!) then I'm going to stock up at Target and Babies r Us while I'm visiting :) Do you know any other "good" stores to find stuff? (Or Ashley, you either, in FL?) I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the snow stays away from D.C. so I don't have any flight delays!

I just got back from a big baby store chain in the Netherlands called "Baby Dump" (a friend of mine had her baby 2 weeks ago at 34 weeks... and another one had her baby last night at 41 weeks!) so I was getting gifts for them... and checking out possible stuff for us ;-) I'm actually really interesting in seeing price differences b/t the stores here and in the U.S. next week...

I'm going to have to look at the Mamas and Papas store just to see these themes the rest of you keep talking about :)

oohh beware when looking at the mamas and papas themes they are all so lovely!!! i would ay there is deffinatly something for everyone unisex, creams, bright colours and the pinks and blues! i love the hodge podge theme because its all bright colours but strong colours!

Starglow I have already choosen my pram we ordered it beginning of Jan - Icandy Apple Jogger 3 Wheel option and a duckegg blue/green colour hood and footmuff and accessories, the carrycot only comes in black.
Found some pics to give you idea can't find a pic of our colour option.

Itsy I'm sure you'll find allsorts in US, so jealous! lol @ Baby Dump - what a name :lol:

Strawberry I love the Hodge Podge colours too

Bluestarlight sorry your having to deal with all that snow it's hard work huh Roll on Summer!!

My belly seems to have gone down last couple of days :wacko: hope thats the bloat gone... very strange

Attachments

• Jogger.jpg
    Jogger.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 2
  • footmuff.jpg
    footmuff.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 2
for some reason this pic didn't load...sorry :blush:

Attachments

• carrycot pram.jpg
    carrycot pram.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 19
i thought i posted earlier, and now it's gone! maybe i forgot to click "post" or something lol i can't even remember what i said. :(

anyway, i know one of the things was this - i SAW baby kicking me today! i'd had no movement all day then all of a sudden i got these nice strong kicks and was able to see my tummy popping out with them! looked so neat =) too bad OH is working and i'm home alone, i had no one to show. =/

itsy - i'm not too sure, almost everywhere sells baby stuff. ive been looking a lot at walmart. i think burlington coat factory is supposed to have some good baby stuff.

Oh wow Ashley that's amazing :cloud9: Real shame oh isn't there :( I'm sure it will happen a few more times when oh is there ..... oh really want to feel something as strong .....

Also I think I have had post disappear too, annoying isn't it

Foxforce - great pushchair, how much was it if you don't mind my asking?

Ooh nice buggy. I'll post mine when my laptop is fixed.

I think it's Hch and Lilly who said they're going to also Read up on Hypno birthing. Any idea what book and cd you're going to get? There's loads and I don't know what to go for.

You're all feeling your babies. I haven't felt anything yet.

Xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"