****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

lol, i normally love snow too, but this year has been insane with it. And i can't do fun things like sledding with my nephews. But shoveling is way worse pregnant than not pregnant, i just run out of energy much more quickly. I couldn't leave my poor mom to do the whole thing, she has arthritis in her knees.

Hmmm...stores, almost every department store will have a baby sections. Babies r us is all baby stuff and will be the most fun/selection but will be more expensive than other places. Good department stores would be Sears and Macy's. Sears has a lot of Carters brand clothes which tend to be very cute. Target has good stuff and there prices are nice. They will also have more equipment like strollers, bottles etc than most places. Walmart is very good on price but the one near me has a limited selection.
If you want to look at maternity clothes Motherhood Maternity is very good and has a nice selection, especially bras of all kinds, but kinda pricey. I found there staff to be nice and they helped a lot if you had questions. Old navy also usually has some comfy clothes, got some nice lounge pants there but selection may vary depending on the store. Their prices are usually very good too. Oh, they have baby stuff too but more girl stuff than boys.

That is what is around here, they may have more or different stores in Virginia.

morning everyone!

so... pram talk! Foxforce I love your pushchair...I think I mentioned before but we're very luckily being given a bugaboo bee pram from our friends, we're getting new accessories though (the canapy, foot muff and the snug) Don't know what colour yet but I like black and red - here's a pic. We're getting the Bibi cot in white from mama's and papa's - its one of the smaller ones as our room is small - but it still goes up until 2 years which is great!

I don't know about you guys but i've been getting regular headaches and more recently nose bleeds!!! My gums are also bleeding - a bit gross. Is anyone else getting these pg symptoms?

Starglow don't worry, I've been feeling the TEENIEST of flutters very occasionally and i've had a baby before! i'm concerned i'm not feeling more! you may have an anterior placenta like me? Honestly if I didn't know what to look for I probably wouldn't even feel them... jealous of you girls feeling kicks already!

There's a bit of a 'girl wave' amongst my friends, two of us are having girls, and yesterday I found out a third friend is having a girl too! She was team :yellow: at first though, I guess she caved at her 20 week scan! I've got one more friend who's preggers but she's in Oz and not finding out til the birth - am so excited to start updating with pink or blue for you guys!

Bluestarlight, thats mad about how much snow you have, its all over the news here about the freezing conditions in the US!

I'm sick of the winter now, I'm looking forward to going hols next month. BUT I am starting to get a tiny bit nervous - thailand, 6 flights there and back, one boat - me pregnant AND with a 7 yr old child.. eek! I hope everything goes smoothly!

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 1
lilly, I love the bugaboo bee!
I too have been getting headaches, nose and gum bleeds, lovely stuff!

Have a good day all x

Hi ladies. :)

Nice buggy :) love mine. Should be collecting it this Sunday. So we may look at bouncers and car seats while we're there. Waiting in now for the cot, mattress and cot top changer. Gonna suss out paint colours for hall, lounge and the nursary. Whatever I put on the walls for baby room will be subtle. If it's a girl I'm thinking a white based paint with a hint of pink through. Not sure on boys yet but with both I'll get wall stickers for colour and colourful curtains. Can't wait to get started. Just over a week till hopefully we'll know the gender :)

I love having A day off to think lots about my little one.

Xxx

Morning :)

This is my buggy, it is a travel system so has the car seat too but couldn't get that picture...

https://www.kiddicare.com/wcsstore/ConsumerDirect/images/catalog/fillerredstar_l.jpg

wow that a big picture sorry ladies wouldn't go smaller :(

Fab! Red and black seems popular.

Oh and Lilly my gums are sensitive too which is normal in pregnancy. Dreading the dentist and hygienist in two weeks tho ewwwwwwww

I have been having really bad bleeding gums, and headaches ocassionally :(

And im still only feeling flutters no real kicks as such yet, does feel like there getting a little stronger now, so i wouldn't worry either as this is my 3rd!

Love all your choices of buggys and baby things so far, im really enjoying reading about what everyone has brought :)

off topic... had a new phone on wed, got the new blackberry torch. I wanted to access this site through it but the writing is so tiny i cant see it, anyone have a blackberry? and know of a way to zoom or make it bigger?

well everyone i had a scan on wednesday and i know what i am having :D will update when i upload the pictures xxxx

Lolley can't help you sorry. I'm an iPhone queen lol.

Rach.... OMG you must be excited!!!!!!

wow, so I definitely didn't get any updates that more posts had been made!

Lilly, I've started getting headaches in the past week... they seem to be mostly centered on the left side of my head (weird, but uncomfortable). Also slight nose bleeding... but fortunately not my gums yet *crosses fingers*

I'm also only feeling flutters :( And not every day... and never at night! I read that many of you feel LO while in bed, but then I never feel anything. The timing seems to be random (in the morning, afternoon, or evening) and I only ever feel it when I'm sitting or standing really still.

I've also started making myself nervous... it seems like a lot of the ladies in the 2nd trim forum have recently had scans or blood work done and are getting lots of 'high risk' results for Downs or spina bifida. Now that our scan is getting closer, I keep convinving myself that *something* has to be wrong... :( *sigh*

We're also picking out a theme for the baby room. We're both convinced it's a boy, so only have 'boy' ideas at this point, but we're thinking of painting one wall light blue (and leaving the other walls white) and then painting dark blue stars/moon on the blue wall and white walls. I was searching on-line for bedding ideas and really liked this theme:

https://www.amazon.com/JoJo-Designs...TF8&coliid=I3IS9RAMK3J7B7&colid=3NIEEIDBBBK84

so many choices :)

Awwwww your painting ideas sound lovely.

I know I'll be nervous going for my scan in 10 days but I can't wait to see my baby. It feels so long ago since my last scan. Fingers crossed everything is fine. X

itsy, im sure everytning will be fine :)

and i love the nursery theme and bedding its fab :thumbup:

Afternoon all

Lolley I have a Blackberry Bold but my other half has the Torch but it's the same way to zoom you just press on the screen to magnify, youmaybe have figured it out by now!

My gums seem to bleed when I brush my teeth, headaches are regular for me and my nose isn't bleeding but is very sore inside like it has a scab :( not pleasant

Itsy I haven't really felt anything to say 'wow I've felt baby!' Just odd little things but could just be my tummy gurgling! try not worry, I'm sure we'll feel something soon.
I feel worried as my tummy is smaller :shrug: Love the theme you have picked :D

Loving everyones buggy's and prams, I liked the Bugaboo but wanted something with bigger wheels as we'll be out walking dog alot. We picked up our pram/car seat etc all looking lovely just need a baby now :lol: To who is it was who asked price, sorry I've forgot it costs us £700 for the lot including footmuff, cosy, car seat, carrycot, haven't got the isofix base yet, leaving that until later.

I'm thinking we'll get our cot bedding once baby has been born then can go with girl/boy theme as we'll be using moses basket first, that will give us a little more choice also.

Hope you have all had a good day, I can't believe how quick today has gone!

Hey everyone

Finally caught up on everything, have been manic at work and knackered in the evenings so havent been on at all! At work now with that Friday feeling so thought I would catch up!

Everyone's buggies look great, we went into mothercare a couple of weeks ago and picked out the Silver Cross 3D travel system, it was on offer so we got the car seat for free! Nothing like a good bargain!

I am not sure if I am feeling bubba yet, at night when i am relaxing i keep thinking I feel something and yesterday I had a listen and could that it was moving around heaps... cant wait to start feeling it properly with real kicks :)

I have my scan next friday, i am so excited... we arent finding out the sex but I just cant wait to see our little one again...

my tummy is definitely popping out now, will post a piccie over the weekend when i finally get round to downloading photos off my camera!

I have decided on the cot bedding from mothercare called My Jungle Family - think it is quote cute and colourful

I need to not be at work for a few days as it is driving me nuts - my boss has asked me to stay a bit longer before i start my mat leave - "just in case!"!!! Grrr

I also have to deal with the issue that my sister lives with me and i need to ask her to move out as she hasnt even suggested it yet!! I wont get started on that as you will have a full page of ranting!!

Hope everyone is ok and looking forward to it being the weekend hooray!

Ooh Flybee the sister thing = tricky! Good luck!
My sister picked the jungle family mothercare theme. It's really lovely. I'm not going tO buy cot blankets and bumpers. Ill get 6 tiny blankets ( the holey ones) after scan. :)

It's fun hearing what everyone is buying. X

i can't believe so many of you have things picked out! i started looking at travel systems the other day, but when i'm home i'm supposed to be studying. once i *start* looking, it's over. I can't focus on anything else and no studying gets done! I thought I had picked out what I wanted, but then I read that once your child reaches a certain height there's a metal bar that seems to bang against their head. and it's not the max height for the stroller, it's before that. I read that some people just use a small pillow or blanket for padding. I'm undecided, it's a great price, and the stroller is only 17 lbs. with me being so small, i'd really like a very light stroller so i can get it in and out of my trunk by myself. Attaching a pic of it. BTW, my gums have been bleeding too. I bought a very soft toothbrush and that seems to have helped a lot, though I still bleed.

Attachments

• graco travel system.jpg
    graco travel system.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1
Buggy looks fab Ashley.

Morning all ( or middle of the night to some :) )

I'm completely exhausted. Not at all motivated at the moment. So many things I could be doing and I can't move from the sofa! Dropped hubby off to train for work early and had a chick flick watches by 10am lol.

Think I'll push myself to go out. Wanna buy some paint sample pots and try them out. Bit of house work, cook Mexican dinner for tonight. effort lol!

Anyone know when anti-natal classes start for us in the UK? I'm looking forward to meeting other local mums to be x

Happy saturday ladies! My gums have been bleeding too, went to the dentist and he said its normal, something to do with hormones.

You all have nice pushchairs, I'm torn between the oyster and the quinny buzz, but we probably won't get one till April.

3 days to my scan, woohooo!

morning all, feeling pretty rubbish today, woke up feeling really dizzy. Just rang out of hours docs and now waiting for a call back. See what they say. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->