****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

i love those names :D and i love your nursery set x

aww thankyou :) eeeeek has anyone else started to get stretch marks anywhere!!!!!!!! my tummy is fine baby is currently having a boxing match with it!! but i noticed i have a few small ones apprearing on bottom of boob... nooooo

i have stretch marks from my first baby but they have completed faded as they are nearly 10 years old! no new ones yet and i didnt get any with my 2nd baby either! i dont want anymore! LOL im also feeling baby loads! maybe i was wrong about having an anterior placenta! he defo gives a good kick!

No stretchmarks here yet although i am prone to getting them. I've been moisturising twice a day with homemade concoctions of pure oils and butters, I hope it works!

hi girls!

Wow lots of you buying stuff!!! I went a bit mental when I found out baby was a girl, just because I COULDN'T resist buying some girly stuff!! But i'm waiting for my baby shower now as I know i'll get really spoilt. I won't have a registry or anything as we/mil/parents will be buying the big stuff such as pram accessories/cot etc...
I'm originally from south africa and also lived in the states and it was very common to have baby showers but i think its still *fairly* new in the UK - Think I will have mine around 7/8 months? I'm so excited it'll be in the summer! I'm really amped about having a summer baby too!

I haven't got any stretchmarks yet.. i had some small ones from growing on my hips, bum and inner thighs but they're 20 yrs old so VERY faded and small - i was really lucky and didn't get any with my son - but I never really had that HUGE belly as i'm so tall and my torso is ridiculously long so I think thats why.. I do go crazy on the bio oil though, twice a day AND in my bath... my skin has never been so soft!

End of this week is my anomaly scan!!! nervous!!!

one born every min tonight girls!! can't wait :happydance:

Yay to One Born tonight. Lots to do before then lol!

Been humming and hawing about what to do about putting on weight. I didn't want to be worrying about it. Obviously I'm happy putting on baby weight but I don't want to balloon out on top of that due to over-eating. If I'm eating properly and I gain loads that's fine but if it's due to eating too much I know down the line it will upset me.
So ..... I've finally looked up the new Weightwatchers pro points system and actually worked it out. I'm going to follow it loosely with extra food while pregnant so I stay on track a bit. Then after baby arrives I'll be well used to it. You can use it with extra food while breast feeding.
Feel much better actually just knowing that I'll be in control. Not promoting Ww lol just finding what might work for me :) ( not weighing myself at all by the way and not going to start)

Aaahhhhhhh better get on.

Think we've gone back to Eoin as a first name for a boy and still loving Lara for girl ( pronounced laaah - rah not larra) lol.

My head is buzzing with baby stuff x

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes this weekend! I was feeling really awful on Saturday, but feel much better now...

Wow, I feel so far behind with preparations! I literally have bought 1 thing (a playpin/bed for downstairs) but nothing else (although we're getting the crib/bedroom furniture from a friend of mine). But hearing all of you guys makes me feel like I'm falling behind :blush: Hopefully after my scan (tomorrow!!!) I'll feel better about buying things :)

@ Strawberry- I love your names! I really liked "Noah" for a boy but I couldn't convince DH to like it (I also love "Taylor" but he veto'ed that as well :( ). Are you going to have middle names as well, or not?

@ Starglow- how do you pronounce "Eoin"? And I think "Lara" is lovely :)

@ Lilly- Where in South Africa are you from? I lived there for a little while in college (studied at UoFS in Bloemfontein) but I LOVED SA and enjoyed traveling there.

I have one stretch mark... which started at around week 10 and hasn't really gotten any worse (on my right hip, reaching towards my bump) but I've been using cocoa butter on it and I think it seems to be getting better...

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Eoin is the irish spelling. Owen is the welsh spelling sounds as it's spelt. Or it can be spelt Eoghan lol but nooooooo. x

Morning :)

hope everyone is well, i hate mondays!

I am already bored at work, although have loads to do, and i am at uni tonight. So i end up having dinner really late, usually while watchin one born every minute. ugh and i'm on a stupid course tomorrow anyway moan over sorry :blush:

glad your feeling better itsy.

I love what everyone has brought already, seeing piccys of everyones things is fab :)
HCH - i thought i had brough a fair bit, but by goodness you have been busy, lol

I dont have any stretch marks from my previous pregnancies but i do have them from putting on weight in the past, none on my belly though mainly my thighs. Fingers crossed it stys that way.

Will everyone be choosing their final names after the scan? and is that what you will call bump from then on? we still have a list of names as long as my arm.

oh and DH was talking about finding out if blue or pink again. He is def changing his mind and i think he wants to find out. I have said though if we do, we wont be telling anyone, as their are certain family members that don't want to know. So it will be easier to stick with what were telling them now and then they think we don't want to know, really can't chance anyone slipping up.

strawberry and starglow - love your names!! Owen is my brothers name - Starglow I agree with you on the spelling Eoghan reminds me of Eggnog :haha: probably because of that x factor contestant right!!

Itsy - I'm from cape town - I know its beautiful there isn't it!! Although I have lived in the uk for a total of 17 yrs now so i don't have a trace of my former accent! thank god! haha..

Lolley yay i'm excited youre finding out woohoo! will you tell us?!

We still love Ivy but we're not calling bump her name yet, gonna see when she's born if she suits it, so we'll have some back up names - haven't got those yet!

our boy names if anyone wants to hear for ideas - were Finn and Dexter.. I also really like Fred and Frank - old fashioned I know but DH didn't like them as much.

Lilly is also my second name (Lyndsay is my first) so we *may* have lilly as a second name for her, maybe spelt differently. its such a big responsibility naming your child!

not sure about middle names itd have to be noah lewis after my oh's grandad or noah paul after both our dads as they are called paul but me and my dad arent on good terms havent been for a good few years.. maybe scarlett mae or something we havent really thought about it!!

not long till everyone knows what everyones having sooo excited!!

Yeah of course i will tell you on here, but it won't go any further than that.

is it Lilly next for her scan?
who's after that?

Yay!! i just got back from my appointment :) its a....GIRL!! She is completely normal and healthy looking. I am at work now but i will post the scans up later when i get home. At first the tech was having trouble getting a good view and only glimpsed for a second and thought it was a girl but wasn't 100%. Then the doctor came in to look over everything and she was finally moving her legs around and said "yep, definitely a girl" :D Now i get to buy girl stuffs :) my sisters are so excited already.

According to our first page, bluestarlight has her scan today! anyone heard anything?

Mama Afrika- I see that you have yours tomorrow too! What time is your scan? Mine's at 5:00pm... which means I'll be super impatient at work all day :) ahhhh I can't wait!

Once we find out the sex we still won't be calling bump by his/her name. We refer to LO as "MT" (it's our nickname for him/her) and we'll keep using that until he/she is born :)

We have first and middle names picked out! Looking forward to actually *knowing* which one it's going to be! :)

aww yay another girly!!! congrats hun must be so happy!!!!

lolley whens your scan are ours the same dayagain 10th feb?

Me and Hch are on Monday morning. :)

Great day so far. Got loads done So far. Even got to buy a couple of nice tops. Dying another cardi navi now which will be handy. It's gorgeous sunshine here in Hampshire. Loving it :) been inspired and have eaten more salad today than I have in the last 4 months lol.

Glad you'll be sharing your news here lolley yay!

Xxx

Hey, so I didn't refresh before posting... but I see the responses!

bluestarlight-- congrats on your little girl!! :pink: Lilly's been right so far about the girl trend :)

@ Lolly- I have mine tomorrow! And I think Mama Afrika does as well :) Exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->