****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

lol i must admit i hold my breath too :)

i did have to look away when they cut the lady having the section, it doesn't normally bother me, but knowing i have had one and probably will have to have another, it was a little close to home :wacko:

Hi all, I'm back home...here are the scans! she is so cute! Talked to hubby, he is just amazed we are having a girl. He wants to go shopping and look at things this weekend :)

Attachments

• baby19wks2.jpg
    baby19wks2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 4
  • babygirl19wks3.jpg
    babygirl19wks3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 4
:( oh ashley i just read your posts! that is so stressful for them to call you and tell you something like that. I hope everything is fine and the extra tests show that baby is perfect for you. :hug:

Ashley- I hope your tests come through quickly for you. Hope you're ok hun.

-------/

One thing that One born every minute taught me last night, is I am not gonna eat a lot coming up to my due date!!! OMG that's what that young girl did and ewewww look what happened. Ewwwwwwww every episode is getting more freaky for me!

Anyway, I hope everyones day goes smoothly x

i agree with you starglow - one born every minute last night kind of freaked me out!! I couldn't watch some of it...! Also, the girl.. er.. 'shitting herself' all over the table...ew ew ewww! I know its normal... but, arrgghh! luckily that didn't happen to me in labour.. but its kind of a different thing when its broadcast on national television!

PS Bluestarlight your little girl is beautiful :kiss:

PPS only one more week til we're HALFWAY THERE GIRLS!!!!! :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

Yeah Lilly that's why I won't be eating too much. That's why she was shitting like that. I know it can happen but I didn't realise it could be a constant thing. Oh yuck! After that I seemed fine watching the c-section! Now that's saying something lol.

Altho OMG that lady could see them cutting her in a reflection. Think if that was me I'd have passed out!

Congratulations on the pink bump blue!

Strawberry19 - I'm using disposables at thhe beginning and switching to cloth, so far i have 2 jumbo boxes in size 1, 2 in size 2 and 1 in size 3. I hope thats enough.

Ashley - I'll be praying for you.

I have my scan at 2.50!!!

I'll be checking back to see Mamafrica. Good luck xxx

Morning all

You are in my thoughts Ashley, fx'd everything is absolutley perfect, sorry you have to go through any worry :hugs: Try not stress too much. :flower:

Congrats on the lovely scan pics Bluestarlight :D

Good luck Itsy & Mama for your scans today...so exciting!

Strawberry I'm doing just as you are dispo's then cloth once they have grown a little, so far I have 3 packs of newborn, a friend of mine said she used upto 10 nappies a day at first, so not sure how many we'll need :shrug: At what age do you think of starting your cloths at, I haven't researched this much I thought a month old??

Not watched One Born yet I was fast asleep on the sofa by 9pm!

Just back from mw appoint, heard bubs heartbeat again :cloud9: they are still tucked right low down into my left side which mw said is unusual as normal in the middle of tummy at this stage, must be comfy there!

Good afternoon ladies!

@ Ashley- I'll be praying for you hun! :hugs: I've seen a lot of posts recently about people getting high risk results in their blood tests, but then everything coming out perfectly at the scan (I understand that the blood tests can be unreliable). Will they be scheduling you for a scan sooner? I hope so!!

Mama Afrika- Good luck at your scan!!! Mine's at 5:00pm (NL time... so 4:00pm UK time). Can't wait!

Bluestarlight- I love your pictures!

ahhhhhhhhhhh I wish I could watch One Born Every Minute!! Just hearing you guys talk about it makes me really curious! Although good advice not to eat too much in the days leading up to delivery. I read a book about a woman who got laxatives/suppositories from her doctor which she was planning on using when she first started feeling contractions (so that she could use the bathroom at home, and not shit on the table!) And when I read it I was thinking, that's such a great idea! I know it's "normal" and "no big deal" but I still hope it doesn't happen to me!

Itsy and Mama Afrika - good luck for your scans today !!!!!!!!!!!!!! So by tonight we'll know what you girls are having!

exciting:)

With regard to preventing poo on the delivery table (!!!) I specifically went to the loo once I was in labour but at the start so I could move around and such... maybe don't eat too much fruit/dried fruit just before as they make your stomach work.

I'm actually thinking I shouldn't be watching OBEM anymore as its getting so graphic and I don't want to be picturing whats going on down there while I'm in the pain of labour..! When I was in labour with DS , as I obviously couldn't look down there, you deal with the pain but its blissful ignorance of what it actually looks like. Well, now I know and it ain't pretty!

I've been feeling pretty crap lately, I've got an ingrown toenail (nice) and I'm on antibiotics for that which in turn is giving me thrush.. GAH!!! I HATE taking antibiotics for this very reason! My dad is a doctor and he wanted to rip my toenail out but I refused!! Its a mild case, I think... I'm hoping it will clear up soon.

Ashley how are you? I hope you're doing ok :hugs:

:kiss:

congrats on your pink bump bluestarlight! and good luck to the girls with there scans today!

huge hugs Ashley my friend had a high risk and everything turned out to be just fine will be praying for you xxxxxxxxxx

ive been over to the natural parenting bit on here and most ladies said their newborns fitted into birth to potty cloth at about at month old some took a little longer as they had to chunck out! lol i just dont want to be having to buy cloth in different sizes all time its cheaper to get a birth to potty stash going and use disposys at first. i noticed tho that new unopened packets of nappies sell well on ebay!! .. mad!! never thought of buying pampers on ebay!! lol so ateaslet can sell any unused packets after!

one more week till we are half way through so excited!!!!!!!

loved one born every minute last night!!

Hey everyone, thanks for all the positive thoughts. I was such a WRECK yesterday! I sat in the bath crying, then LO gave me a few nudges and I could just imagine my baby saying "it's ok mommy, don't cry". i know it sounds silly, but it made me feel a little better. I preoccupied myself by doing an hour of some pretty vigorous yoga while I waited for OH to get home. I know a lot of people get incorrect results with the blood test. Spina bifida is the second most common birth defect if i'm not mistaken, with the least severe form being the most common. I'm really hoping it was just some sort of mistake. I'll be waiting with my phone in my hand every day until the clinic calls back to tell me when my appointment will be. They're trying to squeeze me into the very first time that becomes available. I think I read someone say in my post on the main board that even tylenol can affect the results, and i WAS taking tylenol every now and then for my back! So maybe it was just a wrong combination of things that skewed my results. Anyway, I'm a lot more calm now. Still worried, but not crying. I'll def let everyone know when I get my appt and what they say! :hugs:

Hi Ladies!

Just got back from our scan (and afterwards we had a regular mw appointment).

and....

TEAM BLUE! :blue: Prediction was right!! :cloud9: Now we can go shop-crazy :happydance:

We also saw an anterior placenta (boo) which explains why I haven't felt much strong movement. But LO was moving around lots and doing summersaults and everything else looked great! I've attached a pic :)

DSC08110_19w_baby_small.jpg

congrats itsy :)

and what a lovely clear picture

Congrats again Itsy!!! Team :blue: yay we need some boys around here!! gorgeous pic.. I'll go update you! I wonder what team mamaafrika is on,she must have had her scan by now too?

xxx

fab pic too! hello blue bumpie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"