****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

It's a girl! I was surprised as I'd had a dream it was a boy, but we're really happy! She was really wriggly and we saw her yawn!

Congratulations itsy!

Thanks ladies!! :)

Mama Afrika- Congrats on team pink!! :pink:

yay another pink :) congrats mama afrika

please can people srpinkle pink dust my way, im positive its a boy and i really dont mind, but obviously it would be nice to get a pink one with already having 2 blues

Itsy congrats on the blue bump!

Mama Afrika, congrats on the pink bump!

I have 2 weeks to wait for my scan now....2 weeks too long!

About OBEM I had an enema when I had my daughter as the midwife convinced me it'd help with contractions to have empty bowels. So yeah...there was no pooing oon the table from me! lol!!

I'm feeling better today, although work was such a long day, I hate my job, I hate my boss and I can't wait to leave!!

Anyone struggling with sleeping? or getting comfy at night?? I'm terrible which doesn't help my moods....

wow i cant believe they gave you an enema :shock: i thought they were not allowed to do this any more?

I worked in nursing homes a long time ago and it was stopped as it is classed as abuse! I was under the impression it was the same for pg ladies?

wow i cant believe they gave you an enema :shock: i thought they were not allowed to do this any more?

I worked in nursing homes a long time ago and it was stopped as it is classed as abuse! I was under the impression it was the same for pg ladies?

it's nothing like what they used to do. It was literally like 5mls of saline, then told to hold on to it for a minute then go toilet. sorry for the tmi. but it really wasn't bad at all.

thats good to know, thank you :)

i think its a good thing they are doing it again, thanks for the info :flower:

congrats and welcome to team :pink: mama afrika!!!! yay! I'll go update you..

Lolley - here's some :pink: :dust: for you, you know I was the same even though I had one boy, and I would've loved a boy too.. but I know how you feel.. I think the girl wave will include you! What symptoms have you had?

Aileymouse that sucks about your job, to be honest my job has me in tears sometimes, its so hard to get regular work and there's lots of bitching and politics.. sometimes I want to leave too!

I'm not having trouble sleeping but my back is aching a lot and its really uncomfortable..

anyway congrats on the scans again ladies! woohoo! whose next after me on Friday?

x

Thanks Lilly :)

I really dont mind if i have a boy just would be nice to have a girl too :)

hmmm symptoms....
not that many really, well nothing significant...

bad cramps at first,
nausea at times,
dizzyness and headaches ocasionally

the above i had with both boys

this time i have had different...

sore boobs, nipples still a little sore,
dry skin and hair and spotty which is still the same.

Thats it really.

i am having trouble sometimes sleeping i am getting achey hips when i lie on my side.

i find it more comfy to lay on my side with a pillow under bump and my leg over bottom of pillow.. sounds awkward but its really comfy!!

not sure who is next after you lilly me and lolley are next thursday... woohooo

Congrats Itsy on team :blue: Lovely scan and Mama on team :pink: Hope they were great experiences for you
Girls are definately leading the way, I would love some pink dust also although I would be happy just to have a healthy baby :D

I had a terrible restless sleep last night, couldn't get comfy and restless legs booo :( And just a a terrible wave of nausea

Managed to catch up on OBEM I have already thought about the toilet issue in labour as seen it happen lots in my job and I'm sure it's last thing your worried about at the time but afterwards I would be devastated, must admit I think I should watching that programme - the manipulation and cesearean horrified me :-k My tat would be destroyed if I have cesearean, thats all I could think!

Have a good day all x

morning :kiss:

Strawberry i do the same with my pillow - very comfy!!

Lolley - my pregnancy wasn't that different this time from my DS, I mean it was a bit different but not night and day.
With DS I had: v mild nausea, didn't put on much weight apart from in front
With this one i've had: bad nausea, some throwing up, weight around my hips and bigger sore boobs
Old wives tales predicted both boy and girl... i really thought I was having another boy..

Foxforce - I'm also terrified of c-section - i've had natural birth before so unlikely I will need one but it does look scary! i'm VERY squeamish...

here's some :pink: :dust: to you too foxforce and healthy babies for all of us :kiss: - i know i'll be nervous on friday... i hope bubs is ok!

omg foxforce, your point about your tattoo and a c-section! I'd never even thought about that! We'll just assume it's not going to be an issue :)

Speaking of tattoos... I was wondering. I used to hear people telling me stories that if you had a tattoo on your back that they wouldn't be able to give you an epidural through the ink. Anyone else heard this or know if it's true? (or maybe people just told it to me at the time to scare me!) :)

I've also been having trouble getting comfortable while sleeping. I really prefer to lay on my stomach but it's getting more and more uncomfortable (even with using my knee for leverage), and my hip starts to go numb when sleeping on my side sometimes. I'm thinking I should invest in one of those 'pregnancy pillows'...

Strawberry, I sleep the same was as you with a pillow!

Itsychick, it's rubbish about the epidural and tattoo thing :)

i have a pillow too,but wanted to wait as long as possible to use it, but i think it is now needed.

yep the tattoo thing on the back is not true :)

as for a section and tattoos, it wont ruin them at all. They cut you so loe you cant even see it when wearing a bikini and my scar is like a little white pencil line, seriously its not hat bad. I will see if i can get a piccy one of the days to show you.

Also i was petrified when they told me i had to have one with my 2nd but i am being completley honest when i say... the op itself really want too bad, as they say it did just feel like a bit of pressure in your tummy. Again being honest i will admit that the recovery wasn't nice.

any questions about it, please ask i really dont mind and might be able to give reassurance.

i have a pillow too,but wanted to wait as long as possible to use it, but i think it is now needed.

as for a section and tattoos, it wont ruin them at all. They cut you so loe you cant even see it when wearing a bikini and my scar is like a little white pencil line, seriously its not hat bad. I will see if i can get a piccy one of the days to show you.

I need one of those pillows Lolley! Especially after last night! :sleep:

It will probably ruin my tattoo as it goes low so if I do need one, if I can opt for it to be to the left side and higher up that would be great :rofl: I know the scar is very small after seeing it on a couple of friends. It was seeing the enormous incision on OBEM - frightened me!

i think it would be fine even through a tattoo.

The incision on obem didnt look great i know, i thought the same myself. Anyway hopefully non of you will end up having a section and will all have lovely natural births :)

Congrats Mama Afrika on your pink bump :)

Sending girl dust to you lolley and foxforce.

I am so tired today...more snow and ice falling from the sky. But it was my husband that kept me up. He comes home from work around 9:30pm and he had a meeting on his computer, and both our computers are in our bedroom. Well, the meeting was over by 10:30 but he stayed on chatting with his work friends >:-( kept me up well past midnight when i asked him a few times to turn it down or put headphones on. So today i'm overtired and feeling hormonal for the first time.

I do a body pillow and a rolled up blanket when i'm sleeping. I have one on each side of me because my hips get numb too so i flip over a lot. This way i always have something to prop a leg up on or to shift about while i'm sleeping so i get comfy without fully waking up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->