****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Poor you Aileymouse. Hope you get things sorted and how sad about your brother in law. So young.

2 hours of work and then weekend hello :)

Good morning ladies!

Ailey, I hope your day got a little better, I'm really sorry to hear about your brother-in-law :cry:

Enjoy the weekend ladies! DH and I had a "date night" last night (dinner and a movie with just the two of us) which we haven't done in a while, and this weekend is filled with visiting friends/family... it's going to go by so quickly!

I've also noticed that I've been able to feel LO a LOT more often from the outside (usually when I'm laying on my back in bed). Of course it never happens when DH tries, but I'm hoping he can feel it soon too! :baby:

Awww itsychic how fab about the kicks. Not had many outside so hubby is yet to feel anything. Lovely about your date night too.

It's my V day today Altho it's scary to think of her outside yet. Stay in there cooking lo.

Just waiting for a man to come measure up and quote for wooden flooring.

Back in a bit x

Thanks Starglow :)

And congrats on your v-day!! I know, I don't want to imagine LO outside yet either (not to mention that I'm not feeling prepared at ALL yet) but it's nice to know that things are progressing and that they're little fighters now!

Good luck with the nursery painting this weekend too! I don't remember if I asked you, but what colours are you painting it? And are the wooden floors going in the nursery as well? (we're installing laminate floors in the nursery in a couple of weeks, and after that the furniture can finally come!)

Hi ladies
Couple of days off and loads to catch up on!! very chatty indeed!

Sorry Ailey about your bro in law - truely awful, I hope you get your boiler sorted very soon!

You must be gutted Lilly about the tour but I'm sure it would be extremely hard on you and your family too. Hope your vein is doing better, sounds painful :hugs:

Happy V day Starglow, getting on much better with the preg pillow now yes, think it just needed getting used to. Hope your feeling recharged a little. :flower:

Great news on the movement Itsy! It should get stronger each day.

Lovely bump pics also x

My parents could see my belly moving yesterday after we had lunch which was nice for them :D I'm quite fortunate that dh has felt lots of movement so far and it doesn't seem to mind him feeling. Although he tried listening with a stethescope last night as I read you could hb with you ear pressed to belly from next week, but he couldn't hear and lo didn't like the steth and kept prodding at the diaphram :lol:

Was it hch who mentioned about home birth? My personal choice although with dh been a paramedic also is still to go to hospital, suppose it's knowing to much in our case really. There is many occasions we would be at a house with someone giving birth and it can be a long time before the mw's get there as they come from all over - some live 40 mins drive away, they do not have emergency drive exemptions and usually meet with another mw at a rendevous as they don't like to attend alone :wacko: A real bug bear with us when we are on scene struggling or worrying incase anything goes wrong.
Alhtough in most cases things go well it's just that % chance it doesn't, I do understand people wanting to be at home especially when there is more children at home etc.

We put up our cotbed last night as we are starting to paint nursery this weekend and figured it would store most bits we have, so that is in our bedroom now and seems huge, especially for little lo! I could easily fit into it! So just having a clear up and packing away work uniform and other bits to clear some wardrobe space as struggling....right enough rambling.... hope you all have a productive or relaxing day depending on how you feel.

Back later xx

Sorry in advance another ramble/rant.......
a friend/colleague at work Tracey annoyed me this week, her daughter in law is at a similar stage to us in pregnancy and had chosen her name for her boy weeks ago, I think it was Kelvin or something anyways, another friend asked about her daughter in law and what she was having and led on to that she had choosen the name so my friend said 'oh what's she calling him?' Tracey replied 'oh it's a name I suggested and I'm so happy they're using it, it's Ethan'
I just looked straight over as I had told her that Ethan was my favorite name and had been for years but dh wasn't too sure so I had said this name as we aren't telling anyone the names we like or are having as it looked like dh didn't like from his response.

Anyway I told him what Tracey had said yesterday as I was little annoyed but at the end of the day I don't know her family or daughter in law but we wouldn't be using that name anyway, he said well there is still a chance :dohh: :shock: I couldn't believe it, he said you shouldn't have said anything should you grrrrr

heres my 25 week bump pic! fatty mcfatty! :lol: and im in my pjs aswell!

https://img607.imageshack.us/img607/315/25weeks.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Foxforce- good luck painting the nursery! Seems like a productive weekend for that :) What colours are you painting it?

And sorry about your colleague...it seems like everyone has "one of those friends/colleagues" who do things like that! Are you and your DH any closer to choosing a name?

hch- fab bump! Looks like it's all bump to me! :)

Great bump hch :D nothing wrong with being in pj's - just got back into mine!

Itsy we're painting the nursery soft lime (pale but bright green) at the bottom and a really soft yellow/cream at the top, yet to find a border, curtains and bedding but thought it is still neutral but bright.
The names we have on the very short list we have so far (only telling you ladies here) are:
Eliza, Mia, Eve/Evie
Caiden and Ethan
Still on the look out for more potential names ....

Well I have done the edges of the painting all ready for dh to roller tomorrow! Looks nice the green has come out little brighter than I thought which is fine glad I didn't go for the darker shade. Tired now, going to prepare some wedges to go with spicy bean burgers for dinner and then watch the football.

Have a nice evening everyone x

happy V day starglow

hch you make it sound like your are huge and i agree looks like all bump and a very nice one too :thumbup:

good luck with the nurserys ladies can we see piccys when there done or as a working progress?

We just got back from swimming, baby hasn't stopped moving since, im going to go in the shower then we are out for tea yummy carvery mmmmmm

We are still stuck with names too, i still have my small list but keep looking for new ones, our boy name was going to be Ethan, our other boy choices were Dylan and Cameron
girls we still have - Amelia, Allissa and Sofia but i'm not overly happy with them i need some inspiration :shrug:

Mia & Sophie lovely names I think. :)

Hch. You are not a fatty!

Wood flooring is happening yay! Will be in by this time 2 weeks. Chunky natural oak in lounge kitchen and hall. Bedrooms keeping the carpet. Nursery painted on Monday coming up. So much to do to the house asap.

Back later. About to have dinner x

your girls names are all lovely! and ethan seems very popular for a boys name, i always get so stuck on boys names, i like oliver but the more i say it the more i think hmmm maybe not ! im well and truely stuck! i had my girls name tho! it was olivia! maybe i will use it next time......lol!

Thanks for the comments on the bump, im just feeling like a heffa :( but i know its for a good reason :) x

bloody hell baby will not keep still! he is kicking me in every place, he has even managed to get his foot by my ribs for the first time! Lee was giving my bump a cuddle and he got booted in the face :lol:

Lol ouch!!!

I'm sitting here trying to work out decor ideas for the lounge! It's so hard. I want a really calming room but gotta work out what colour to paint the walls and then what curtains to go for! It's amazing how much mis-matched furniture you aquire over the years lol.

Have to have a massive decluttering day tomorrow for all this work to take place. Eek!

Some lovely bump pictures! Need to do another ASAP.

Well today was a better day. Went to my mum and dads for a shower this morning. I can't believe they are making us wait until wednesday for a new boiler!

Popped into town with my dad and just had a bit of wander and now just chilling. I'm so achey and baby girl has been so low and my bump has felt heavy. Benn get lots of braxton hicks too.

We have chosen Georgia for our baby, but need a middle name....

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends. xxx

hi girls - I've been feeling soooo rubbish :-(

My nausea returned on Thursday and I couldn't eat anything at all, Friday managed to have a sandwich for lunch, but by 7pm was violently sick and then couldn't eat any dinner, ended up going to bed at 9pm. Woke up in the middle of the night to be sick again, and yesterday I couldn't keep anything down, ended up going to the labour ward (antenatal closed on weekends) to be kept in for two hours while they monitored me.

Got given anti sickness injection, am still feeling awful now and can't eat anything but i think i'll be ok. They listened to Bean and she was beating away and kicking the midwife in the hand! So at least she's ok, apparently she wont' be harmed, just me that will feel awful!

Have lost 4lbs so far,am just worried for Bean. They wanted to keep me in overnight but I promised them i'll sip water every hour through a straw if I could stay at home last night - as its Kai's birthday today!! And i have 5 kids coming over and taking them into piccadilly circus. Just don't know how i will cope - such bad timing.

Bloody stomach bug!!!!! Sorry for the rant :-( :-( just want to feel normal again

x

Aw hun that must have been so worrying. hope you got some sleep. Can u have another parent step in for you today? Seems a bit too much for you when you're not well. Glad bean's hb was pounding away and busy kicking. Always reassuring. Look after yourself x

I'm still Hooked on peanut butter. Strange. I used to have it once in a while but never daily!

Only 4 weeks till my private 4d & 3d scan :) really looking forward to it at 28 weeks. So much going on before then tho. Hectic work a schedule, friends staying all weekend next week, wood flooring going down, then seeing The Script in London, decorating nursery, lounge and kitchen, my dad staying the weekend of the scan. Lol. That's just the bare bones.

Talk about nesting hehe! I just want to get as much done before June as possible so I can focus on baby girl and enjoying her. I know life doesn't stop after baby of course.

My sister and family are coming end of May about a month before I'm due so we'll use then to have everything ready for baby including cot assembled etc for my then 6 month old niece to use.

On with decluttering :( horrible job but worth it after

Have a great day everyone.

Aileymouse glad you're feeling better. Heavy bump days - know that feeling.
Lilly get lots of rest Hun.
Foxforce delighted you're enjoying your pillow now. I love it. Sometimes use it if I'm snuggled up watching tv late with hubby to prop me up :)

Must say I'm still exhausted and get out of breath easily. I'm not aneamic (got bloods results back)

Babbling x

Ps the amount of posts I go to make and then I press some damn advert by mistake and lose the whole post. Arg! Trying to reply to others posts. Yesterday it happened 3 times :(

Bye

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->