• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Summer Cupcakes June & July 2011 Mummies***

Hi guys

Happy belated birthday to Lilly and Itsy :cake: hope you both had great days!

Hope Lara is better Starglow x

Well done strawberry for using the reusables already I'm not sure if we will go full time with them now as they are so bulky and Eliza is so small I dot think her clothes will fit her?! I'm going to try find so less bulky reusables. Great he's into 0-3!

Glad the combi Feeding is helping Lilly, I know how you feel having to hold Ivy as we had a day of that yesterday with Eliza, she has a blocked tear duct and I think must have been tummy ache.

We are still using Infacol tried a feed without but she suffered for that. Eliza is still not at birth weight as of last Thursday but mw discharged us as happy she is just a slower baby to put weight on, as she is sleeping well between feeds and sleeping well at night. The HV is keeping a check on her weight. So we aren't even into most newborn clothes we have! Hope the weather gets betters owe ca use some of these beautiful summer dresses she has.

Ok I need to go get ready while she is asleep, like running a gauntlet lol ....speak soon have a good day all xx

Lilly, as far as I'm aware it's normal for bleeding to stop and start.
This is the swing we have, it does the job and fold small too when not in use. Nice and quiet too.
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod...4417556|Baby+bouncers+and+swings|14417557.htm

foxforce, how much does Eliza weigh now?

Poor Georgia has a snuffly cold :( Amber has been sneezing over her! Going to get some nasal drops for her and a suction thing to see if that helps. xx

awwww poor georgia, jacob also has a stuffed up nose so i have been using using that nasosal and it works a treat! no need for the suction thing :) love the swing!

im getting a bit worried about my cramps , they only seem to start when i eat something??? mw felt my stomach and said everything felt fine ??? maybe a trip to the doctors is in order!

awww foxforce Eliza sounds so teeny! x

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! :)

Strawberry- congrats on being full time cloth! How is that going? DH and I have talked about it but everytime we change him because he's just slightly wet his diaper we're wondering how practical it would be to use cloth. How many do you have and how often do you have to wash them to have enough each day?

Ailey- thanks for the advice on the breast pad! Also, I hope you get answers soon re: a possible cyst. Do you already have an appointment for a follow up check up? And sorry to hear that Georgia is sick... I'm already dreading Bram's first cold :(

hch- sorry to hear about Jacob having a hard time when waking. Bram wakes up wanting a feed pretty often... every 1 - 2 hours during the day :( I only tried combi-feeding a few times and it helped but we might start doing it more often, because the health visitor has suggested it since Bram isn't gaining much weight.

Also, I've been getting stomach cramps occasionally, but I haven't noticed any particular pattern to when I get them. I just figured it was normal after-pregnancy symptoms? I have been having issues with my teeth being really painful. The dentist told me this was also normal. boo!

Lilly- how are you combi feeding? Are you bf'ing and then topping up with formula? Or alternating feeds? How often? We're going to try but I'm feeling a little lost about how to do this. I've also had alternating brown/bright red bleeding. I'm still spotting every few days, but hoping this regulates soon as well!

Foxforce- I hope Eliza's doing better! How is her blocked tear duct? And what does that look like/how did you know she had one? Bram has a lot of discharge around both eyes and the mw and health visitor told me this might be an issue with his tear ducts but that it is "normal" and should go away on its own. Just wondering what issues you've been having...?

How much weight has everyone's LO's been gaining? The Dutch equivalent of a health visitor told me Bram should be gaining between 200 - 300 grams per week (he's only been gaining 100).

I've not had Georgia weighed since she was 10 days old, taking her next tuesday though.

I have an appointment on the 19th august for my 6 week check so will mention the cyst again then, but I'm pretty sure it has gone on its own.

:D

Itsy - so far with combi feeding I have been breastfeeding like usual, then mid morning will give her one boob and electric pump express the other, I usually get around 2oz from one boob, then i'll top up with formula (mixed) so i have a 4oz bottle, which for the last 2 days i've given to her around lunchtime. Tonight however we're going to try give her the ff/bf feed in the evening before bedtime as our nights have been getting worse (she usually has a really good sleep after the ff/bf mix)

She just always seems hungry, or wants the boob for comfort i'm not sure! She's so amazing though, I'm SO in love with her, crying/screaming included!

Hope everyone is good :flower:

Happy belated birthday Strawberry :cake:

Ailey as of last thursday Eliza weighed 7lb 2oz, hv coming tomorrow and will weigh her again, I'm sure she will be at or past her birth weight now as feeding has stepped up to every 2 hours at time through the day.

hch she doesn't seem tiny to us but going by the clothes I suppose she is small, I just hope she gets growing soon so we don't waste these lovely summer clothes we have not that we have any summer at the moment!

Itsy the blocked tear duct cleared the next day, I found bathing the eye with warm cooled boiled water if that makes sense helped and massaged the corner of her eye. It looked like what we call 'sleep' coming out of her eye, it was making her eyelid stick together and you could see the water in her eye like it wasn't draining or she was crying in one eye. At first I thought it was an infection but the white of her eye wasn't red.

Lilly I loved the picture of Ivy you posted on Twitter - so cute :D

I need to go Eliza has woke.....feeding time

Hope everyone is good x

thanks for the birthday wishes i did get them on facebook too!! :)

itsy weve got bout 15 reuseables at the minute and i change him before every feed it works well but we do need some more im just using a mix of ebay cheapies, bumgenius, and close parents at night he hasnt wore a disposible for what seem like ages now.. they dry within a day on the airer and even quicker when i can get them outside in the sun!! washin nearly every day sometimes every other day but going to buy maybe 10 more then an go 2 days between washing!! and ive got about 30 wipes that i just keep wet in a tub with water and baby bath in

i bought a wrap the other day from victoria the slinglady and its great noah has took to crying in his pram when were out and is fine when i pick him up lol ive got a flowery one and also a blak one coming.. great for around the house too as i can get things done!! he loves it snuggled in close :)

glad everyone is well!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 2
Happy belated birthday Strawbs! I posted on FB too :kiss:

Ivy is still 'high maintenance' but such a little munchkin too. No smiles yet, anyone else had any milestones? Although she can roll over from her back to her side, she's SO active and wriggly. Her good nights are a thing of the past, she's now waking up every 2-3 hours for a feed. I think I've become better at managing her and her crying, I basically am a baby wearing, breast feeding, attachment parent mommy now - she needs A LOT of attention and I can't just put her down. Strawberry - Ivy is crying in her pram too, she doesn't really like it that much (unless she's asleep) she LOVES the sling but only if I'm walking outside, inside doesn't cut it!

She does seem to have colic as well and is in pain in the evenings, I've found Infacol is helping a little bit. The one thing that really works is the birthing ball!! she just loves it if we hold her and bounce on the ball - obviously I can't get anything done that way but at least it's peace and quiet.

She's got her 2nd cranial osteopath app today, also my HV is coming at 3pm - I'm interested to see what she weighs.
We've stopped combi feeding as we found it was making her colic worse, so am back to EBF now.

How is everyone else doing? Miss you girls and often think of all of us up to our eyeballs in baby these days!
xx

hi girls i need a question answering about colic!

Jacob has just had a screaming fit and i couldnt calm him down for about an hour he just screamed and screamed! he had clenched fists which he brought right into his chest and he either put his legs straight out and rigid or he bent them up to his stomach! does this sound like colic??? can it just appear? i have finally managed to settle him and he is now asleep in his bouncer but i darent move him for fear of him screaming again! it was awful :( i was going to take him for a bath but i will leave it til later now! i havent even been able to get dressed today as he has been clingy since he got up this morning!

strawbs i love your sling! im going to order the black one! thanks for the link hun x

Lilly how are you coping with Ivy and her Colic? does she do the same as Jacob? its so awful to see them crying like that , its really upset me so i cant imagine how you must feeling .

he has just projectile vomited everywhere and started screaming again :(

oh blees him sorry to here hes been like that sweet it is horrible especially when there isnt alot you can do either .. hope he settles soon for you

theres a video on the site and she will probably send you it in an email too of how to put the sling on .. its realllly long!!! but easy to put on once youve done it a few times.. i practised with a teddy first!! lol went into town today and he slept for the whole 2 hours in it even went and had lunch with a friend.. if hed been in the pram he would of just cried!!

Hi girls I'm in hospital with Jacob:cry: he is so poorly and I can't help him , I have never cried so much in my life. He has just settled after screaming all night , he is on a drip because he hasn't kept any food down and may have to start antibiotics :( I'm so sad for him will keep you posted x

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Breastfeeding is just not going well... I just don't think I'm producing enough as Bram is usually screaming for a feed 30 minutes after I'm done feeding him! I can't do anything aside from feeding him... after getting pressure from the HV (due to low weight gain) about topping up with formula, we tried for the past few days but now he's starting to refuse to breastfeed :( when I try to get him to latch, he'll stay for less than 30 seconds before screaming and screaming until we give him a bottle (which he immediately quiets down for and devours!) It's really been upsetting me :( After investing SO much time in the past 4 weeks to feeding every 1 - 2 hours, I just don't understand why it's not getting better!

Foxforce- thanks for the info. Bram has exactly what you described... but he's had it ever since we left the hospital (they told me it was 'normal' and would clear up on it's own in a few weeks). I'm going to try the cooled boiled water!

strawberry- thanks as well re: the reusable diapers! DH and I have been talking about trying it when Bram is a little older and we're more used to the whole routine. Also, I love your wrap! It looks so comfy!

Lilly- we haven't had any smiles yet... but Bram has been really good about holding his head up! Is anyone else laying their LO's on their stomachs during the day? I keep forgetting to do so...

hch- oh dear :hugs: how is Jacob doing now? It sounds like he might have been having cramps (Bram had this the first week and was inconsolable!) Are you guys still in the hospital? I hope he's feeling better :flower:

Still in hospital, he might have to have a lumber puncture later, he is still very sleepy and not with it , still on drip aswell , doctor said I might be here all weekend :(

Hayley oh no!! Lumbar puncture, isn't that his spine? What do they think might be wrong?! Poor little man, how stressful for you babes!! :hug: to you.. please keep us updated.

Itsy - i feel for you about breastfeeding - I wonder why he's refusing the breast - have you tried expressing to see if you've got enough milk? He may be having a growth spurt and be extra hungry?

I think we just got our first non wind smile today! Well she had her eyes open and gave me a half smile,she was wide awake not sleepy like when she does her wind smiles.. i just melted!

HV came round yesterday, Ivy now weighs 8lb 8! So she's putting on weight well. She's off the chart 99th percentile for her length though, she's going to be tall like her mom!

hope everyone else is well and will keep checking back for updates on Jacob xxx

oh hayley! reall hope all is ok with jacob xx

itsy, hope you manage to sort out Brams feeding. Sorry I have no advice xx

Gergia has really bad nappy rash, I think it might be thrush, it looks like something is eating away at her poor little bum :( we've tried sudocream and bepanthen. Just left a message with the HV for some advice. She still has a snotty nose the poor little thing.
Breastfeeding is going well still. I'm proud of myself for going long than I did with Amber.

Aww well are currently having some skin to skin time and she looks so adorable!

xxx

speaking of breastfeeding, how long is everyone planning to BF for? I was thinking around 4 months but I also feel bad that Kai got 9 months! (I had a year off maternity leave then, i'm self employed now so can't afford to stay off that long) I really need to get back to work for money reasons and don't think I could do the whole expressing thing as well as working and looking after a baby. 4 months is good enough right? My mom will be on my case about going to 6 months I just know it...

They think he has an infection or virus of some sort , all bloods came back clear and because they are clear they need to investigate further , doctor is coming back soon to let us know his decision on the lumber puncture. It's so weird he has no temp and everything else is fine, just the screaming in pain and not keeping his food down and his dehydration. It was awful watching them put the canula in his tiny hand. I just want my happy baby back :(

oh hun thats aweful i hope they can sort him out soon :( poor bubba and poor you :( big hugs

ailey.. the ladies on the natural paenting board seem to think that cooled camoile tea helps with nappy rash maybe cut up som muslins and use those dipped in the tea for a while see if it helps?? and lots of nappy free time!!

lilly i dunno how long going to breastfeed for will just kinda go with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->