***Summer Cupcakes June & July 2011 Mummies***

oh my christ girls! i dont think im ever going to have sex again! :haha:

feeling really poorly today! have a sore throat and my back is in agony! think i have over done the exercise as i couldnt walk last night as my legs were all seized up! im seriously tired aswell as jacob keeps waking at all times of the night! i bought him into my bed again last night just to get an hours sleep! Lee is doing his FIRST night feed tonight so i can get some rest!

How do those feel about the transition from 1-2 children? im finding it hard work with 3 if my routine is disturbed! yesterday i had a good day! today it was a nightmare! my eldest mucked about this morning before school, my sister turned up at my house while i was trying to clean up, my mum then came over making me late for putting the dinner on and i have only just got the kids bathed and into bed! im thinking maybe i should chill out more during the day but there always seems like there is a hundred things to do!

right gotta shoot the milk monster has awoke from his beauty sleep! xxxxxx

It's not been too bad so far with the 2 cos Paul is still off work and we don't really have places to be. But I'm kinda dreading him going back to work and me having to get both ready to go out anywhere!!

im fine with my one :lol: takes me long enough to get out the house with noah let alone any others ... dunno how you all do it!!

sex... umm no deffo not for a long while no stitches here but its deffo last thing on my mind!! oh doesnt mind hes greatful that i dont take noah to bed till late so he can at least get some sleep :lol:

Just caught up.

Have had a mare the last few days. After midwife, doctor and last night a 5 hour hospital visit finally we've had a better day today. Lara picked up a bug I was carrying which was making her tummy hurt and making her projectile vomit all her feeds. Long story short ( Seriosly stressful) along with the bug that's working it's way out of her system she also has colic. Infacol is really helping and she kept lots of feeds down today. It was yuck putting her through blood tests etc.

To make matters worse mil has been a nightmare to put it mildly! Doesn't understand we had a poorly tiny baby to look after and was constantly driving us mad. Hubby had words with her but she was being a total cow to me. Didn't need the added pressure while dealing with 5 hours of screaming every night along with little sleep. Anyway cannot wait till she goes Thursday night.

Right I better sleep before next feed. I'm missing you :(

Aww poor Lara! Is she breastfed? Hope she gets better soon.

How stressful for you with MIL there xx

Lilly, saw saw post in the baby club. Hope you manage to settle Ivy during the day. Georgia has started getting angry during the day too and is rarely happy unless she is cuddled.
How come you're still seeing your midwife? I've been discharged already.

We have Georgia's hearing test tomorrow and the HV is coming here to do it.

Thanks Ailey ...i've been having a bit of a hard time with Ivy lately, the last 3 days have been really bad... bless her heart though she is good at nighttimes.. but she is SO unsettled/angry/screaming and crying in the day, whenever she's awake basically. I saw my MW as they hadn't discharged me yet, ivy's only just hit 8lb now so they were waiting til she was past birth weight before discharging me, we've been discharged now though. She referred me straight away to HV today as could see i'd been in tears all morning and was very very emotional. I just broke down this morning because i'd totally forgotten it was Kai's end of year picnic and i was supposed to go and i hadn't even packed him a lunch, the school phoned me and everything.. i felt so bad i just burst into tears!
I just don't know why ivy seems to be in so much pain, but settled at night - its so contradictory. They think she might have silent reflux with all her hiccups, painful grunting and coughing. Also because of her constant feeding, hand in mouth all the time etc.. I'm seeing the gp tomorrow.
the HV is coming to see me on thursday to check how i'm doing, they did Ivy's hearing test at hospital just after the birth.

Starglow sorry to hear you've been having a nightmare, i hope lara is ok! Why is MIL being awful to you thats so not what you need! hope you both feel right soon.

:flower:

Aw Lilly that's so hard with ivy being so unsettled. Luckily Lara had a better day yesterday and so far today's been good. She only cries for feed and nappy changes.

Yep Ailey I'm breast feeding which is going really well

Cannot wait till mil leaves 2moro night. Stupid woman.

Health visitor was here an hour late today. She was patronising and full of herself. Of course the mil loved her lol! Would have been nice if mil had pissed off and left us to it but no she had to interfer. Arg

Back soon. Just feeding x

I'm starting to think Georgia has thrush in her mouth...she has a white tongue and makes clicking noises when she feeds like shes not latched on properly, it doesn't feel like it. She has nappy rash too. Also I'm a little sore after the initial soreness had passed.

Georgia also does this weird gagging thing, but she is gagging on nothing so it seems.

Might mention it tomorrow.

Also getting her registered tomorrow! She will be all official.

Hi girls , starglow I hope Lara is ok bless her cotton socks. Its so awful to see them so poorly when they are so little :(

Lilly I did the same thing today , I forgot callums party, and felt awful, my mind and memory is elsewhere at the minute!

I have tonsilitus so that's why I have been in agony with my aching back and muscles :( still haven't been discharged from the mw and the bloody hv turned up unannounced today. I Couldn't believe it. Jacob was crying for a feed and jack was being his 4 year old self! I told her to come back another day as I had to get callum from school , she came in for 5 minutes to see if I was coping! Talk about her picking her moment to come!

Jacobs feeds Are all over the place . he goes between 1- 4 hours and then in the evening he has about 8oz as he just isn't full up! do you think I should swap to hungrier baby milk?
Ailey, Jacob also gags and squeaks on nothing , I'm.also going to ask 2moro .

sorry for mistakes I'm on my phone xxxxxxxxx

aww hope Lara gets better soon starglow!!!

and Ivy too!!

glad to hear everyone is well :)

trying to get Noah used to a bottle so oh can give him a feed but he drinks about an oz os espressed milk and wont drink anymore and wants the boob.. hmmm .. just gonna have to keep trying i guess

Hi guys

Sorry been vacant a few days, been busy with dh whilst he is off work, he goes back at the weekend so making the most of it. Just be a quickest as HV coming at 10, we also have mw this afternoon, hopefully be discharged as Eliza wasn't at birth weight last week but wasn't far off so I'm sure she will be by now. She is doing well and we are getting good pockets of sleep through the night.

Sorry to hear Lara has been I'll Starglow, Hch hope your feeling better and Lilly hope Ivy gets settled soon in the day for you.

My stitches are feeling better now think probably all dissolved now, still getting aches and shooting pains in that region so :sex: is daunting for me right now but dh is understanding as he saw what happened with the forceps and stitches etc as he nearly passed out lol

Right I'll pop back later, need to change while Eliza is sleeping, missing you all xx

hey girls

hope everyone is good! Ivy's been hard work as we're trying to find out what can be causing her constant crying, nothing seems to be working though! The last few nights she's been waking up twice, usually around 2 and 4am which is making us exhausted too, maybe she's going through a growth spurt!

Anyway we've tried Dentinox, Colief, been prescribed Infant Gaviscon - even took her to cranial osteopath which was relaxing at the time but didn't make any difference. I'm beginning to think she's possibly just a high needs/high maintenance baby that's highly sensitive and intelligent!! :haha: lol (trying to make myself feel better!!)

I supplemented her feeds with a bottle of formula yesterday which she gulped down then slept for 2 hrs straight, is anyone combi feeding? Not sure i'll carry on but wlll try it again to see if it makes her happier.

ANyway it's my birthday today, got some lovely pressies from DH, Kai and Ivy... We're going to lunch in Highgate village with a few friends, i hope Ivy behaves herself!

hope everyone has a great day xxx

Happy Birthday Lilly! Have a lovely day!

I also have an agry baby that likes to cry! She only not crying when she is being held or asleep or feeding...we've tried dentinox colic drops, she gives me a look of disgust when I've given her them and chokes on it. Don't know if it does any good or not. We are going to buy her a swing today as she likes being swung in her carseat.
I asked the HV about it and she said that I have probably just forgotten how much attention a baby needs as it's been a while and we had all the time to give to Amber whereas now, we have to put Georgia down as Amber needs us too. So it kinda makes sense...
I have thought about combi feeding, I was ready to give in the other day until I saw the HV and she said how well I was doing and it gave me a boost to carry on. I'll see how it goes after Paul goes back to work as I won't be able to spend all my time feeding then as it'll be just me and the girls. I do love the ease of breast feeding and would like to try expressing before I FF but the manual pumps I have are useless and the electric ones are so expensive and even then they might not work...

Georgias heel prick test results all came back fine and so did her hearing tests so that's all good news!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine xxx

Hi ladies!

I've been gone for what feels like forever... but Bram is [finally] sleeping so I just got caught up on all the posts! I wish I'd come sooner as you guys have all mentioned a lot of the same problems that I've been having!

First of all-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILLY! I remembered your birthday even before I saw it on Facebook (because mine is tomorrow :haha: so yours is easy to remember!). Starglow- isn't your birthday in July as well? I remember we had a few July-mommies as well.

Re: feedings/sleepings... is everyone still having the same issues? Lilly, Bram sounds a lot like Ivy. He sleeps pretty well at night (he settles around 1am then sleeps till around 7am most nights!) but during the day he cries pretty much whenever he's awake. He feeds (or at least wants to feed) every 1 - 2 hours during the day if he's awake... which I also don't understand since he sleeps well at night! He went several days without pooping which worried me... but took him to the GP and everything looks fine.

Lilly: re- combi-feeding... for the past week and a half Bram pretty much wanted to feed constantly from 9 or 10pm until 1am. We tried topping off with formula a twice at night and once during the day and he immediately slept afterwards for 6 hours! After posting on the bf'ing forum and asking for advice I decided to try not doing that and just feeding on demand (everyone assured me that the "cluster feeding" phase would pass soon) and since then he's just been bf'ing and is still sleeping 5 - 6 hours at night.

re: sex... we actually dtd for the first time this week. :blush: it probably helps that I had a c-section so I don't have any soreness in the lady bits (and spent the last month of pregnancy extremely sexually frustrated because nothing was comfortable! So I was ready to try). So much easier without the bump... I was a bit sore for a day afterwards though.

Thanks ladies for posting about all the issues you've been having :flower: it makes me feel a lot better to know all the things Bram is doing seem pretty 'normal'!

nice to see you itsy!!!! glad all is well!!

hope you had a lovely birthday lilly!!!

starglow i hope lara is getting better now??..

Noah is fine he finally fits into most his 0-3 clothes lol .. we are full time cloth now... every time i put a disposible nappy on him he gets a red bum!! breatfeeding still going well he too cluster feeds in the evening around the same time as Bram actually itsy!! he usually feeds on and off from 9-1am but last few nights not been so bad hes been settling at 1.30ish and not waking till 6 which is nice to have some sleep back ... were still cosleeping he just wont settle in his basket and i really dont know what to try to get him to sleep in i.. hes going to outgrow it soon and thers no room for his cot in my bedroom

strawberry, have you tried the breastpad in his mose basket? good on you for cloth nappies!

It won't be long before Georgia is in 0-3 month clothes, she's putting on weight quick, I don't know how much she weighs but she definately feels heavier and much more sturdy.
Shame cos she has barely worn her gorgeous summer outfits cos the weather has been so bad.

Anyone been feeling cold recently? I'm so not used to it!

itsy good on you for dtd! I'm going to wait until after my 6 week check as when they were checking for tears they noticed a cyst that needed looking at, went to the docs but she couldn't see anything, so said to mention it again at the six week check when the bleeding and bruising has settled down.

Happy Birthday Itsy, hope you are doing something lovely xx

happy birthday Lilly for yesterday:kiss: and happy birthday Itsy for today:kiss:! hope you both enjoyed your day x

Ailey i see Georgia loves her swing! :) glad she likes it :) im defo feeling the cold! i had my blanket down stairs yesterday as i was freezing! i even asked Lee if i could put the fire on!

Lilly how is combi feeding going?

strawberry,Noah sounds like a dream! 6 hours sleep a night! amazing:thumbup:! Jacob had me up 3 times last night!

itsy fab news about Bram sleeping 6 hours! are you still combi feeding? has he settled during the day now? And you have had some rumpy pumpy too:happydance:! seriously i dont think i can ever face having anyone even go near my lady garden! i think i have been traumatised by what happened in my labour:nope:!

Does anyones baby wake up happy? Jacob wakes up crying for a feed all the time! the last 2 days he has been really unsettled in the day! when do they start having growth spurts? i wonder if he is having one as he seems to now want feeding every 2 hours! which is why he is waking 3 times in the night!

the days are going so quick! i keep forgetting to eat and drink! Also anyone getting stomach cramps etc? the last few days i have had lots of brown bleeding and stomach cramps like im due my AF which i know isnt happening just yet! i wonder if because its my 3rd im still having after pains?

hope you are all ok xxxx

hayley, I occasionally get stomach cramps when I have been doing loads. I think it's our bodies way of telling us to slow down.

Georgia doesn't wake up happy, she wakes up crying for a feed then goes back to sleep after.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling the cold. I'm so not used to it.

first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY Itsy for today!! hope you had a beautiful day.
Thanks for the birthday messages too guys!

Combi feeding ok so far, I am mixing 60ml of breastmilk and 60 ml of formula and giving her the bottle around midday, she does seem a bit more settled but I'm not sure if that's why. She never just 'chills' but is crying less when we hold her. We've noticed if we hold her/feed her all the time she's ok... talk about attachment parenting!!

Our sleep has gone downhill as for the last 3 nights Ivy has woken up 3 or 4 times in the night.. i put her down in her cot then after the first night feed i am just so tired she co sleeps with us, but she still isn't settled. IT's so tiring.
She's not fitting into 0-3 month yet, she's just only 8lb still! diddy little doll! i'm hoping she'll put on weight better now i'm combi feeding.

I ordered this great book from Amazon called the Fussy Baby book by Dr Sears, it's really good so far and making me feel better about having such a demanding and high need baby!

I haven't had any stomach cramps but had bright red bleeding today, is that normal?! I have had just the normal brownish/yellow clear discharge since a week after the birth.. so was surprised to see the red blood! Should I call the MW?

Ailey i think we might invest in a cheap swing, i'll look online tonight. If I could just get some time in the day to just clean my house it would be amazing. Ivy doesn't even like the sling inside, she knows i'm not walking outside little terror!

ANyway great to hear how all you girls are getting on, want to see more baby pics!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->