• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Summer Cupcakes June & July 2011 Mummies***

Ailey you're a pro!!! Did u do the same with Amber?

Tough morning. Lara can't keep soothing on my boob. It hurts and it's exhausting. So she started sucking on a teether toy she loves. I switched it for a dummy and she actually took it herself and is now calm and falling asleep. ( on me of course). Usually we'd have slept this morning but she was over tired and just wanted boob. Normally I'd feed her and put her in bouncer while I shower. Not today. Today I've had to stop everything and just give in to leaving the mess and not getting her or myself ready.

I'm out most days meeting people for coffee or lunch which is good. I have slow relaxed mornings and afternoons out. X

Hope everyone is having a good morning.

I never liked the idea of dummies. Does anyone use them with their babies?

Gonna walk into town later instead of driving. I really need the exercise and sunshine without the humidity. Meeting friend and her baby. I've made a few new good friends with newborns which is great. Can't keep up with the lunch bill tho lol!

I cannot wait to have a shower and get dressed. I'm so spotty. More so than when I was pregnant. Feel yuck!

starglow i use dummies, they're great for soothing but Ivy knows all too well it's not boob and will spit the dummy out if she's hungry for milk! she'll really take it when she's due a nap, she doesn't have it at night time.

I've lost 2 lbs since being on my no crap food diet!!!! On my 5th day now, just cut out the chocs/puddings/biscuits etc. woohoo!

Right i'm off to get the kids out the house and go meet liam for lunch... (a massive operation believe me)

xx

sorry to hear some of you oh's are slacking a bit in their daddy roles.. its not on really your both in it together.. im quite luckily that even though my oh leaes the house by 6 he will change Noahs nappy if hes awake and then bring him back to me for a feed and then when he comes home from work he will have him for a while so i can have a shower and sort bits out that i need to or he will sort bits out for me.. i end up cooking most nights but this is my little break of the day away from Noah and its something i enjoy doing!

Starglow Noah doesnt have a dummy we did try a few times when we knew he was just comfort sucking but he wouldnt take it so my oh takes over and usually he settles straight away .. i think because they can smell our milk they know the boob is there!!

still wont sleep in his basket but slowly sleeping next to me rather than on me! i wait till he is asleep and then slid him down on his side so he is cradled in my arm and slowly lay him down and use my v shape pillow to support his side as he likes to sleep on his side and then i can sleep on my side using the other bit of his pillow to support my head and still have my arm around the other side so it doesnt fall down and if he fusses in the night without waking for a fed i just pull him in closer and he settles again

Ha, starglow,I wouldn't say I'm a pro, just still blagging it ;)

I managed to get out of the house with the 2 at 10am this morning, really pleased with myself! I was early for the doctors for the first time in ages! The doctor was a cow though and won't remove my stye :(

I survived shopping in town too with the both of them, Amber was brilliant :)
I've been out and bought bottles and breast milk storage bags, hoping to go out for Pauls birthday next week so I need to get a little stash!

Starglow, what dummies do you use? we use MAM dummies, I used them for Amber too, I wouldn't use any others now.

xxx

so great news vs horrible news...

even though my little girl is in sooo much pain in the day, screamed blue murder the whole of yesterday, woke up today and cried, cried after the boob....

strangely enough - she pretty much slept through the night!!!????

11.30pm - 5.30pm - that's 6 HOURS! Then she slept until 9am. How can she be so upset when she's awake and so calm at night?

Anyway i'm well happy that i had a good night's sleep and can actually deal with her in the daytimes.. She's not poo'ed for 2 days again now and is producing some incredibly smelly farts - i blame the gaviscon for messing up her little digestive system even more :-(

WE've ordered Colic Calm from the US, really expensive at £27 for 60ml - but we'll try anything, Ashley have you heard of it?

poor little angel, she looks in so much pain :cry: :cry:

should mention that Colic calm is homeopathic as we're not using meds anymore x

Sorry, Lilly, I havent heard of it. But tbh I really dont know anything about baby products! I research things when I need them. Im glad you at least got a decent sleep, def need it to be able to deal with a crying baby. Hope this new stuff helps her!

Lara slept well too last night. She slept 10pm - 3am a whole 5 hours beside me on my bed. Awake 2 hours of which 90 mins was feeding, then slept another 3 hours again beside me. I felt like a new woman this morNing. Brilliant. ;)

I still use infacol to help her tummy with feeding. I find it brilliant. And she's keeping her feeds down. If her tummy is funny I'll gently wind her over my shoulder by rubbing upwards not patting.

I'm getting faster at managing everything. Lol I did my make up while feeding her today lol.

Lilly if ivy has tummy pains get her legs and pedal them (like bike riding). Best tip I've been given. It's brilliant.

I'm finding I can read Lara now. Really helps x

not sure if you guys are interested, but i kept wondering where people got those cute icons that show breastfeeding milestones. i found them! there's tons of cute ones for bfing and pumping. i wanted to put like 10 of them in my signature, so hard to choose just a few!

https://s392.photobucket.com/albums/pp2/SigShowBlinkies/Breastfeeding Blinkies/?start=all

glad to hear Lara is a bit more settled now hun it does get easier when you can read them and what they need

:lol: ashley i can tell you like the icons

Urgh...bad night last night, georgia barely slept at all, not even in with me.
But I got the biggest smiles from her this morning! :cloud9:

See hun hope she sleeps better for you tonight sweet about the smiles though :) I'm posting my new phone so should be able to get on here more often

Hope everyone is well Lilly I hope Ivy is getting better poor little angel can't be nice

This country has gone to pot I hope you are all okay and you and your families are all safe x z

It's awful what's happening. Hope you are all safe!

Terrible night again last night, just non stop crying last night. Tried everything to settle her. Going to see the HV today. Also going to buy a sling, but that won't help me shower in the mornings. It's getting impossible to do anything cos of the constant crying.
Amber was such an easy baby, this is all new to me.

i shower when oh ets home or if my mum pops over as i was starting to feel awful when he was wakingup crying and i was in the shower and i just rushed around trying to get washed ... sorry she had a rough night again.. she was doing so well!! hope the sling helps noah loves his i put him in and he goes straight to sleep

i know it's awful what's going on right now, i avoid watching the news now it's too depressing!

Ailey, I feel your pain honey... i've had terrible nights with Ivy the last 2 nights. She's currently got a cold so is very mucusy and coughing and spluttering a lot, it's making sleeping a literal nightmare! I am EXHAUSTED:-( :-( As well as dealing with her general fussiness!

I'm also doing a favour for a friend tomorrow, doing her makeup for a shoot (i'm getting paid though) It's only for a half day but i'm petrified of leaving Ivy at home. My DH is taking half day off work to and my mom's coming down to help.. i'm still nervous though. I'm worried i'll have a really bad night again tonight and be tired and lacking any mental function tomorrow!!

In other news, Ivy is giving us a half smile, it's soooo adorable and we think she may have a dimple!! Still no giant grin though, I can't wait for that!
She's 50th centile for her weight at 9lb2 - but she's wwwaaaaayyy off the charts for her length!! she's 63cm now, she's above the 100th centile! Nice that she'll be tall but i hope not too tall, like over 6ft!

hope everyone else is good xx

Oh hun I hope you have a better night tonight and ivy gets over her cold bless her
Good news that Jacob is home too let's hope he is on the road to recovery x

Hi all.

So in my desperate attempt to get Lara sleeping off me, in her cot and properly sleeping during the day I've been trying things out. Firstly after a lot of thought I decided to give Lara a formula bottle at her 10pm -12ish feed and her 3am-4am feed. what a difference. She is deep sleeping - one night 5hrs and last night 5hrs 40 mins. Also she slept mainly beside me in my Bed and that's without me having to slide her off me after breast feeding! Instead i placed her there. Last night she even slept an hour in her cot for the first time. I bought a large blanket from mamas & papas and put it over the cot sheet tucked in so she could lie on top of it. Then I placed two heated lavender beanbags where she would lie and covered with her usual blanket. Also placed my top near the heat. I took the beanbags away and she was all cosy and fell asleep for the hour. Later she went in again but not for long.

I didn't get her second bottle feed in as my boobs were crying out for her. Instead I have her a heated bottle at lunch time followed by a boob top up and she's been asleep in her bouncer nearly an hour. I'd love another hour! Manages to get a wash on and eat my lunch without gobbling it down in seconds.

Been out with a friend and her baby this morning. Want to walk later when Lara wakes up. Need chocolate big time. Gotta get through another night with my hubby in the middle of the London riots. Very upsetting. Was really tough last might but made sure not to get upset while Lara was awake as she gets effected if I'm upset.

Hope you're all ok. Lots of love x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->