summer holidays abroad with lo

lyre

Reaction score
i was just wondering when you first took your lo abroad somewhere reasonably hot and how did you find it, what where the major issues? my oh wants to take us away in May to spain, lo will be 6 months........is it impractical because of the heat etc?

We took Poppy to south of France when she was six months. We had a great time (though it was a shock to have no lie in's or nights out!)

We hired a villa which i think makes more sense than a hotel. It meant i could cook for her (she'd just started weaning) and had a seperate room for her to sleep so we got a bit more rest (when ever we share a room now, at friends or hotels, we all keep each other awake!)

We got a heated pool (but Spain in May will prob be warm enough) and Poppy LOVED the water!!! So we just played in pool when not too hot, then kept her in shade during the sunniest times. We also used her travel cot outside in the shade, put toys in it, and let her play while we grabbed a few minutes of sneaky sun!!

We also bought a cheap fold up buggy to take too (got for a tenner!) rather than take my nice usual one. And we hired a car seat too.

thanks! that's so helpful! my mil has the use of a villa there in May and she would love to spend the week with us and lo, so by the sounds of it, it should be ok. so excited, i need some sun, sea and good food! x

We have an apartment in Portugal and took Katie over when she was 8 weeks old this was October but still very hot around 26 degrees.
Katie loved it she loved having her feet out ha ha
I did find that she fed a lot more I was bf think it was a lot to do with thirst we have shutters on the outside of the windows which make the rooms really dark so Katie was sleeping really late once it was 10.30am!
We took her out on a night in her stroller which she would fall asleep in we didn't stay out too late tho as didn't want to throw out her routine too much.

i'll be bf too, so hopefully that will make things less complicated. although i hope he gets more efficient at feeding by then or i might just end up spending the holiday with him attached to my boob :dohh:

I might be going away in april, and might be beginning to wean then, would i take food with me to give to her or buy stuff there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->