Summer Lovin'...bring us some babies!

Yay floridasian. Iui very soon then. What does your MD want your lining at?

He thinks 6 mm is the bare minimum it needs to be at. I know for IVF most clinics want it to be at least 10 mm. Because of my fibroid, at first look it appeared that it was only 6.5 mm. But then he put his hand on my stomach and pressed down on the uterus to get a better look and he said it looked like it was about 7.2 mm.

According to the IUI success rate data complied by Miscarriage Research, "Endometrial thickness at hCG trigger: Successful IUI's had a thickness of 10.1 vs 7.7 for failed"
https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/iui-success-rates

He thinks 6 mm is the bare minimum it needs to be at. I know for IVF most clinics want it to be at least 10 mm. Because of my fibroid, at first look it appeared that it was only 6.5 mm. But then he put his hand on my stomach and pressed down on the uterus to get a better look and he said it looked like it was about 7.2 mm.

According to the IUI success rate data complied by Miscarriage Research, "Endometrial thickness at hCG trigger: Successful IUI's had a thickness of 10.1 vs 7.7 for failed"
https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/iui-success-rates

Wow! That link had so much good information in it. Thanks for sharing! Also, made me think that our chances with IUI are not good at this point. This is IUI#4 and I have all this crap wrong with me. It said that women with endo only have a 5% chance of success and if combined I "should proceed earlier to higher level assisted reproductive technologies" :cry: I think maybe this should be the last IUI. I will have to talk to the RE about this.

Michelle - I'm sorry you are feeling that your odds are against you. I don't have experience with endo but I know women with endo still get pregnant every day. Yes it's harder but don't give up. Our bodies do miraculous things sometimes.

There are some conflicting information on that site but for the most part I think I trust the information there more than random blog posts since the information posted are all from actual government studies. I did not research into inositol helping men but I did know that CO-Q10 was supposed to help with sperm as well. I already made DH take way too many supplements and I feel really guilty doing so. Since he doesn't really have any count problems I don't think I'll be making him take any more than he already has, but if your DH is up for it I would say go for it! :)

Is your IUI still planned for tomorrow? It looks like I'm going in tomorrow as well. Exciting stuff!!

Do talk to your doctor about what the next step it though if this one doesn't work out. IUI success rates do go down dramatically after the 3rd or 4th.

But let's keep our fingers crossed that we both get our BFP's this cycle!!

Thanks floridasian! This will be IUI #2 post surgery. So I don't know if I should count the two before or not. But I planned on doing one more if this is unsuccessful. I think that would be good because it's 5 in total and 3 post surgery. After that we have to save money or look into a grant for IVF.

EDIT I forgot to answer, yes, tomorrow is IUI at 8:15 am. So have to be there at 7:45. Kind of sucks getting up that early on a weekend but it's for an important cause plus I can come straight home and go bad to bed. Good luck tomorrow!! F'xd:)

Follie scan showed one 19.6 mm and one 12 mm follies on the right. Nothing on the left. Lining was only 7.2mm. So RE and I concluded that our experiment with baby aspirin was that it did help me with my lining (last cycle was almost 10 mm) and since I didn't take it this cycle it wasn't as thick. Will be going back to it next cycle.

OPK was getting darker but not positive this morning so we have the IUI scheduled for tomorrow morning if it's positive tonight or Sunday morning if it's still not positive until Saturday.

I showed my doctor my OPK from this morning to make sure he agreed that it wasn't positive and he said no the two lines had to be the same color because he took an OPK HIMSELF :shock: and he got two lines so he wrote to the OPK manufacturer and complained about getting two lines and they told him the two lines had to be the same color to be considered positive.

:huh: What? Lol. Didn't he read the instructions on the Opks?

Interesting about the baby aspirin, guess its good to know that it works for you! The folly sounds like a good size. :)
Glad you get to do the IUI, Monday you should be in the TWW!

The how to improve sperm link is also really good. Did you all know myo-inositol improves sperm? We were just talking about this for us women. it never crossed my mind it would be beneficial for men as well.

https://sites.google.com/site/misca...oost-fertility/how-to-increase-male-fertility

Yes, I tried to do some research on that, but it wasn't as easy to find. The reason for the improvement is because, just as myo-inositol is in our follicle fluid, it is also in semen!
So just as good levels of myo-inositol and d-chiro are important in the ovaries, it's also important for men to have those good levels of inositol.
My husband has insulin issues also, so he's been taking the inositol as well. I'm hoping it improves both insulin and sperm!
Isn't it fascinating the stuff you learn?

Thanks floridasian! This will be IUI #2 post surgery. So I don't know if I should count the two before or not. But I planned on doing one more if this is unsuccessful. I think that would be good because it's 5 in total and 3 post surgery. After that we have to save money or look into a grant for IVF.

EDIT I forgot to answer, yes, tomorrow is IUI at 8:15 am. So have to be there at 7:45. Kind of sucks getting up that early on a weekend but it's for an important cause plus I can come straight home and go bad to bed. Good luck tomorrow!! F'xd:)

Aww, you will be in the TWW the same as floridasian, I'm happy for you both! :)
Good idea on going back to bed. That never works for me though, once I'm awake, I'm up regardless if I want to be. :(

Ok so, finally got hold of a nurse today. The report doesn't really say much at all. It says that everything looks normal, the lining was 4mm, and small follicles in each ovary.
It didn't say anything about cysts in the ovaries, so I assume that means there weren't any. 4mm is not very thick for what was CD9, maybe that is why last month I ovulated late?
Lining is tied to estrogen, so even if with PCOS I have high estrogen levels, does having thin lining on CD9 mean that my estrogen rises too slowly or something?
I wonder if that means I need extra estrogen for both lining and earlier ovulation?
My temperature keeps dropping, but the opks are not getting any darker. Still getting that ovary pain though, so hopefully something happens, eventually?
...........waiting gets so very tiring......:coffee:

Update- We got great news at IUI today. DH count went from 4million to 23million! Wow, wow, wow!! Dh was soo happy! He now sees how important his vitamins are.
So I have a funny story. We woke up late due to my phone alarm not making any sound. So dh was freaking out and ended up collecting the specimen in the parking lot because I didn't know they had a room for collection lol he was so mad at me because I told him the parking lot would be ok. He was not a happy camper lol

Update- We got great news at IUI today. DH count went from 4million to 23million! Wow, wow, wow!! Dh was soo happy! He now sees how important his vitamins are.
So I have a funny story. We woke up late due to my phone alarm not making any sound. So dh was freaking out and ended up collecting the specimen in the parking lot because I didn't know they had a room for collection lol he was so mad at me because I told him the parking lot would be ok. He was not a happy camper lol

Lol. I will have to share this one with dh. How long has your dh been on his vitamins? I know they say it takes 3 months to change sperm count. Dh has been taking vitamins for a long time but they weren't focused on sperm production. He started those last month.

Yay! Great news on the count!! That is a huge improvement! I'm sure he'll be taking his vitamins religiously from now on! :)

I can't imagine doing the collection at the parking lot though. My DH would die if he had to do that!

We also had our IUI this morning. My OPK started turning positive mid morning yesterday so we decided to go in today. However my temp was way up when I woke up so I was a little worried that I had already ovulated. We went ahead with the IUI anyways and the doctor took a quick look afterwards and saw that the follicle was still there and had not ruptured so apparently I didn't ovulate. I had a horrible night of sleep and woke up at 4:55 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep. When I finally went back to sleep I had a nightmare and woke up crying for a few minutes. So I'm contributing my high temp to that.

Since DH's count was high last time we decided to BD as soon as DH got home from work yesterday. Our last BD was Wednesday so I was afraid if we didn't BD again before the IUI it would hurt his motility. DH's count today was 56 mil with 33 mil active. So yes his count went down but that's also because he only had about 12 hours to rebuild his supply.

Hopefully the timing is better this time. Doctor didn't say anything about putting me on the progesterone this time and I forgot to ask so I'll have to call back on Monday to see if he wants me to take it again this cycle.

Ok so, finally got hold of a nurse today. The report doesn't really say much at all. It says that everything looks normal, the lining was 4mm, and small follicles in each ovary.
It didn't say anything about cysts in the ovaries, so I assume that means there weren't any. 4mm is not very thick for what was CD9, maybe that is why last month I ovulated late?
Lining is tied to estrogen, so even if with PCOS I have high estrogen levels, does having thin lining on CD9 mean that my estrogen rises too slowly or something?
I wonder if that means I need extra estrogen for both lining and earlier ovulation?
My temperature keeps dropping, but the opks are not getting any darker. Still getting that ovary pain though, so hopefully something happens, eventually?
...........waiting gets so very tiring......:coffee:

Sorry for the long wait to ovulation. I think the thin lining with small follicles just means ovulation is still days away, especially with the OPK still light. Hang it there! I'm sure all will be fine by the time you ovulate!

What I do to increase uterine lining: drink red raspberry leaf tea, drink pomegranate juice, take baby aspirin, eat dark chocolate, do femoral message and exercise (to improve circulation)!

I hope you guys have successful IUIs this month!

I am just waiting around to hear about my IVF grant. I briefly talked to my husband about borrowing money from his dad. He has a lot saved he doesn't use. It would save us on interest (even though I would pay some interest to him). But the thing is we manage his money & I don't to open the door for other people to borrow money. I know that sounds selfish. But he has some irresponsible siblings (FIL's daughter) who never paid back money already borrowed. I know we would pay it back. I told my husband we could do a set minimum amount + a fixed amount of interest. And if we have extra, we pay it to him & also give him our entire tax refund & my husband's annual bonus. But after thinking about it, it would just be easier to do it on our own & avoid the drama. I don't want us to look like we are using him. And it's not like if he decided to let someone else borrow, we could tell him no. It is his money. But we are sure he would tell people & as it is now, no family knows he has any significant savings. The only thing that sucks is when I do a 401K loan, I cannot make lump payments...only the set payment that is taken out of my pay. If I do lump it has to be a pay off.

It is just frustrating thinking about the money part.

Yay for all the iuis this weekend! Fxed forboth of you!

Yes this morning was crazy! Good thing the parking lot is big with lots of different businesses and there were only 2 cars (far away from us) in the section we were at. The funny this is dh called me yesterday and said I was thinking about doing it in the car. Think that would help? But we decided no. Then look he had to lol. He started taking them for like 2 and a half months. He's taking almost 1,000mg of vitamin C, zinc(can't remember mg), folic acid 200mg, maca root 500mg, b complex, co-q 10 600mg, fish oil 1200mg, and a men's multi vitamin.

Floridasian I will have fingers and toes crossed.

Minuet hope you O this cycle. It's funny women with pcos just hope to O. At least I do lol

beaglemom - it's never easy burrowing money from family members, no matter how close you are. But I guess everyone's situation is different and everyone's relationship is different. I would probably not do it personally.

Just a thought - have you thought about opening one of those credit cards with 0% APR for up to like 18 months? I'm not sure how good your credit is but that's what I did when my cat was ill and required weekly hospital visits and twice-a-day injections. I put $5K on that credit card and paid it off slowly in 18 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->