Summer Lovin'...bring us some babies!

Found out tonight that my sister-in-law was diagnosed this week with PCOS too. So weird, both diagnosed in the same week!

Minuet you are the best! I spoke with my friend who had pcos and got pregnant on her second round of IUI and she said avoid dairy. Dairy is worse for women with pcos than carbs?? But I thought women with pcos could have it if it was 1% fat. I'm confused on this.

I have heard, yes, that dairy is bad for PCOS. They say it is because it is insulinogenic, meaning it raises insulin levels.
That said, I love dairy so I haven't given it up.
If you are going to eat dairy, the most important thing is that it is without hormones - so buy dairy that is without rbst or whatever it is. If the milk is without that hormone, it'l advertise on the label!
Second, you WANT full fat. Remember, you are going low carb. Your body has been used to running off carbs i.e. glucose for fuel. You are reducing that fuel source, and must replace it with another source - fat. There is nothing wrong with good fat, and our bodies run off of fat very efficiently. We are much better off running off fat than off pure sugar i.e. carbs.
Marks daily apple has a lot of articles/ discussions about why fat is ok.

Beaglemom I'm so happy you have a chance at getting a grant for the IVF, what a blessing that would be! I really hope they agree in your favor!
And you're now officially on vacation! :happydance: I hope you guys have a great, relaxing time away from stress and the daily grind.
Your boss is super sweet to send such an encouraging note. :)

Floridasian How sweet of your doctor to go to the effort to meet with you himself. It sounds like you have a doctor who truly cares, that's a great thing to have.

AFM it is CD8, I'm getting gobs of ewcm and still can't get my temp.
My period stopped, I decided to start temping again, and suddenly I'm waking up in the middle of the night again just like last month's luteal phase! So annoying!
Hopefully it stops asap, as I really need to start getting those accurate temps.
Another strange thing....... I had that dull, sometimes more than dull, ovary ache from 1DPO on. When my period showed up, it went away, so I assumed it was just a corpeus luteum cyst. Suddenly today it is back, and it is more than dull. It's a constant annoying ache like someone is jabbing me with their finger.
It has to be way way too early for ovary pain. The only thing I can think of is follicles are growing and it's getting crowded in there? Unless it is some other type of cyst, but if so, why would it have stopped hurting for a whole week?
Tomorrow morning I have a scheduled full pelvic ultrasound, so hopefully the tech is nice and I'll get some answers then instead of having to wait days for the results!

Yay! Cd 1 today. Called the office and I got some conflicting information. Last time I talked to the nurse I was to call immediately cd 1 and get my order for clomid and I would take it cd 5-9 then ultrasound cd 12 then possibly injection sometime after. The nurse I talked to this morning immediately asked who i was doing th artifical insimination with the md or np. I told her the np. She asks if i have had a meeting with her yet. (I was going to freak if she said i had to have a meeting prior to iui). Then she proceeded to say femara then I told her I thought I was starting with clomid cd 5-9 she says she will call me back. Then she calls me back again and say yes clomid cd 3-7, to help me ovulate. I told her I already ovulate on my own and I was told cd 5-9. Now she is suppose to call me back.

Does it bother anyone else when they use the words artificially inseminate? I know it is silly but I am not a cow or science experiment. Iui just sounds more medical and human. I don't know why when I say iui the nurse can't just agree she has to degrade me and say do you mean artificially inseminate.

Sorry to rant just exhausted and ready to start the next cycle. I cannot wait dh and I our taking our first mini Vaca around iui. We will go to Chicago come back for ultrasound then go somewhere else then come back for iui. I just can't plan much without knowing when I should have ultrasound. I have a gut feeling I shouldnt have it until cd 14.

Yay! Cd 1 today. Called the office and I got some conflicting information. Last time I talked to the nurse I was to call immediately cd 1 and get my order for clomid and I would take it cd 5-9 then ultrasound cd 12 then possibly injection sometime after. The nurse I talked to this morning immediately asked who i was doing th artifical insimination with the md or np. I told her the np. She asks if i have had a meeting with her yet. (I was going to freak if she said i had to have a meeting prior to iui). Then she proceeded to say femara then I told her I thought I was starting with clomid cd 5-9 she says she will call me back. Then she calls me back again and say yes clomid cd 3-7, to help me ovulate. I told her I already ovulate on my own and I was told cd 5-9. Now she is suppose to call me back.

Does it bother anyone else when they use the words artificially inseminate? I know it is silly but I am not a cow or science experiment. Iui just sounds more medical and human. I don't know why when I say iui the nurse can't just agree she has to degrade me and say do you mean artificially inseminate.

Sorry to rant just exhausted and ready to start the next cycle. I cannot wait dh and I our taking our first mini Vaca around iui. We will go to Chicago come back for ultrasound then go somewhere else then come back for iui. I just can't plan much without knowing when I should have ultrasound. I have a gut feeling I shouldnt have it until cd 14.

I had that issue at my gyno office. I chucked it up to them just not knowing what iui stood for. Don't take it as in insult.

Thank you beaglemom. Some time just hearing someone else has been through something makes it easier.

Anyway. . . After 3 other phone calls from the nurse we finally have everything set up. I will be doing clomid cd 3-7. And ultrasound September 8. I don't know when I will trigger until the ultrasound. Then I will make sure they give me progesterone suppository. I can't wait to find out at the ultrasound what they say hopefully this week flies by. I am nervous to see what day I will actually do the iui.

Positive opk for me this evening. Maybe I can get a natural bfp.

Go for it beagle! Hoping for the best!

AFM I am CD8 and I feel super "full" hoping that is a good sign. Also, had my fertility massage yesterday. I always feel awful afterwards. I don't know what she does to my body but I always end up with a headache afterwards. But this time I went in with one. Right after the massage though I felt like it was gone then it came back and I felt awful. I actually took ibuprofen which we aren't supposed to take. But Tylenol wasn't cutting it. I am feel much better today.
Also, RE said to do 1 metformin for a week then up it to 2 after that. Since I have been feeling good taking it I went ahead and upped it to 2 a day and I have been feeling fine.
My diet on the other hand has been making me very tired... or maybe that's the metformin/letrozole. But I have been eating very little carbs and dairy. Mostly protein, fruits, veggies, and nuts. I hope all this gets me my bfp!

misaacs You will feel very tired/lethargic, have headaches, nausea, upset stomach for a few days when you go low carb. It's called the low carb flu and is very normal. Your body has been used to running on carbs, so when you force it to run off - hopefully good fats - it will be sluggish for a bit until it figures out how to run efficiently.
You'll feel better soon!

Thanks minuet! I feel very tired and hungry all the time even when I have ate. So I'm trying smaller meal but more of them a day. I just want a candy bar! I thought I had more will power than this lol

Well...my beta came back positive!! Numbers are a little low so stillverycautious...Next beta istomorrow....ahhhh!

Well...my beta came back positive!! Numbers are a little low so stillverycautious...Next beta istomorrow....ahhhh!

Don't worry about your beta...a girl on the iui thread came back with 60 at 13 dpo...the nurse told her not to get excited...the next beta came back higher & the pregnancy was official.

Congrats Moni!!!!! Fingers crossed for you that your beta goes up!!

So I just found out that you are not supposed to take Dong Quai while on Femara. Apparently Dong Quai has lots of estrogen and might cancel out the effects of Femara. And of course I just found this out after taking it WITH Femara this cycle for the last 7 days. My only hope is that the double dosage of Femara will be strong enough to combat the single pill of Dong Quai I took just once a day.

I feel like an idiot! On Thursday when I met with my doctor I asked him about all the other supplements I was concerned about like flaxseed oil and Aspirin but it never crossed my mind something so common like Dong Quai would have the opposite effect!! :(

2nd beta more than doubled!! This is real!

Aww congrats Moni! I'm so happy the IVF worked for you!

sorry floridasian :( I've never heard of Dong Quai, so can't give you any help there.

Dong Quai is one of the Chinese herbs that is supposed to be good for fertility: https://natural-fertility-info.com/dong-quai-fertility-herb.html

But apparently it cancels out the effect of Femara.

Moni so happy it worked! Now you can move over to the ttc#1 "graduates" thread. When is your first appointment tentatively set for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->