Sunbathing at 5 weeks pregnant

Justina85

Reaction score
I’m panicking. This is my first pregnancy, over this Memoroal Werkend I went away for a few days, Day 1 I went to the pool and layed in the sun/went in the water for about 1.5 hours, it was hot so I decided to go back to the hotel room so I don’t over do it, but then I started reading online about overheating in first trimester and the risk do neural tube not closing etc and I went into panic mode and haven’t stop worrying since . I’m scared I hurt my baby.

It’s so easy to worry. For me too! Pregnancy worries are the worst.
I’m sure you’re just fine! Think of all the women in the world who live in hot climates and work outside or even live outside year round. All cultures and people have procreated for 1,000s of years and dealt with all sorts of hardships. Think of people 100 years ago even who didn’t have AC etc. If pregnancy were that delicate, I don’t think the human race would have survived that long.
Hugs and hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Oh you’ll be fine, i was sunbathing at 38wk with both of my summer babies & midwife said all ok just keep hydrated & if you start feeling to hot, sit out of the Sun, my bump got abit burnt aswell (eeek) even though SPF was applied, baby all good though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->