Support Group failed IVF/ICSI IUI or any failed assisted conceptions 2014

Thanks Liz, thats really sweet. I feel like all of us really, that I have been on a real rollercoaster. However, the worrying and stressing does not stop now, just because a positive urine test, still got to wait for official confirmation and more waiting,,to hope and pray it will stick. Not changing signature yet as don't want to tempt fate.

I said to my friend, that I was facing life without children, and couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Next time it will be you, I'm sure!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello everyone I hope u wouldnt mind if I join for some support hoping to start round 2 in April but to be honest I'm a bit bothered about starting again as had a really bad time of it xx

Just a bit about me me 28 endo & pcos* DH 31 poor swimmers
ttx 8 yrs
02 - pcos told to lose weight
DEC09 lost 4 stone
SEP10 lost 5 stone 7lb told pcos is borderline* but now have
endo!!!!!*
*leeds seacroft* *
1# ivf 10.09.10 100iu puregon
6.09.10 cancelled
2# ivf 10.9.10
day 8 stimms 300 menpure
day 9 scan 03.11.10
otd 24/12/10 chemical pregnancy bfn
moving to care nottingham for our last go

Hi everyone

Inky that's such good news ! Congratulations hun ! Xxxxxxxxxx

Inky, Congratulations! I am so chuffed for you! I won't go too gushy as I know it must be a sensitive time, but so far so good and i'm very happy for you! xxxxxxx

Hello Poohbear. A lot of your history sounds similar to me. I aslo have PCOS and Endo. The PCOS is also borderline, its the endo that causes me most trouble. I am lucky as it doesn't give me pain but has a tendency to cause cysts to pop up randomly. My DH also had trouble in the past with SA but lately it has been fine. I'm sorry to hear about your failed cycles. I have only hs one but no frosties so moving to round 2 and actually start in a week. I see you are changing hosps? That sounds like a positive step to me. I wish you tons of luck and baby dust for April and we are here if you want to talk.

Love Lolly xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks lolly yes it it a lot like mIne dh sa as also been better as he fert 4 out of 8 with out icsi I find it really funny how it can change between good and bad We also had no snow babys (love that name ) lol. Bet u can't wait to start send lots of luck and baby dust to you xx

I was here a couple of weeks ago as we were doing IVF no 1 and only got 6 eggs, 3 immature and 3 never fertilised. Although on day 2 when we went to speak to the consultant we have one eggie that did fertilise, so we got that transfered on day 2 on 9th Feb. Well today is 14 days later and :bfn: and spotting has started, so AF's on her way.

I suppose our little embie was just not good enough in the end. It gave us so much hope but in a way I wish it never fertilised, at least I wouldn't be going through all the upset again.

Hopefully we can try again in 4-6 months time through the NHS. I suppose we now have to wait on a follow up appt with the hospital before we know what's happening next though.

Oh Wallie, I'm really sorry. I remember reading about your miracle embie, i'm so sorry it didn't stick. When is your follow up appointment? I know 4-6 months feels an age away. I am about to start round 2 after 6 months of waiting, it feels like forever in one way but in another it has flown. I really feel I needed that time in order to move on. Take some 'you' time, and time really is a healer. We are here for you.

Yeah it is strange Poohbear. When my OH first gave a sample it was low, and since then the had done a further 4 which have improved each time. The last one was the one for ICSI and it was normal. But because it has been low in the past they are continuing with ICSI. Wonder why it fluctuates so much? Prob diet and alcohol intake!! Yes I am excited, but also terrified. I so want this to work, as we all do, it hurts! Wishing you loads of luck for this cycle, here's to all of us girlies trying again!!!

Hello to everyone else!

Much love, Lolly xxxxxxxxxxx

Thats great news Inky, Congratulations and big hugs :hugs: its so lovely to hear!!! :happydance::happydance:

xx

Im so sorry Wallie, I thought the little embie would be a real fighter...its so difficult, i found out just before Christmas so that took my mind of it for a bit but it hit me in January. It took a couple of weeks before I was ready to start thinking about trying again. I hope you are okay :hugs:

Hi everyone

Poohbear - seems like you have been through alot. I think the fact you had a chemical was obviously very upsetting, but at the same time it shows that little embie tried to implant, and shows it will be successful in the future, so be positive. Alot of people with endo get pregnant everyday.

Angiomum - thank you, hopefully it gives you hope for when you do a FET.

Lolly - I'm so excited for you. I can feel it in my bones, its your time soon.!

Wallie - I'm sorry i have to see you here. I know how it feels to fail, and its hard. i waited 6 months in between cycles. It did go fast. Hope you can find solace in the fact that we all know what youv'e been through. I think there are alot of things that could improve your cycle. Next time, they could do icsi for a start and secondly, I think you'd have a better chance with 2 back. Thinking of youxx

Thanks.. yes, if I have two embies, they're definitely both going back in me next time and I'm positive they'll to ICSI as they'll not risk non-fertilisation next time (or near enough)! :hugs:

so sorry to hear wallie :-(
my otd tomorrow and i'm pretty sure i'll be joining this thread :-(

Meant to ask before ladies. What have you found "happens next" with treatment. Did you have to wait long for a consultation after your failed cycle and how long are you having to wait before you can try again (for whatever reason).

Thanks.

Wallie it varies from clinic to clinic.

It took me two months to get a followup, but that is because it was NHS funded and are notoriously slow. Private followups are usually quite soon. Some clinics ask you to wait three menstrual cycles before attempting next round, because some people's period does not regulate straight away after treatment. I didn't have a period for 43 days after failed AF. I was abit overstimmed though. Some clinics will let you go on the next cycle. It depends on the clinic and your recovery. xxx

Inky I no Hun like u said it's been hard and they is some hope after it trying to become implanted xxx

Well as i thought it was bfn this time.
in answer to your question wallie, i've been given a date for follow up which is 3 weeks away. my lovely nurse at the clinic has already told us our options - either a FET or another fresh cycle as we only have 2 snow babies.

Apparently I have to wait 2 cycles before we can start any more treatment. Im sure it probably does vary between clinics as well though.

hope you're holding up ok xx

So sorry mrs major take some time to relax before starting again sending hugs as I do no how it feels xxx

Hello Everyone

I'm so sorry to see some new faces on here. I hope that you are holding up ok and having lots of TLC during this difficult time. My clinic wanted to wait 3 months before starting any kind of treatment again to ensure all the IVF drugs were out of my system. But I have learnt that each clinic approach things in a different way. Good luck and baby dust to each and every one of you xxxxx

im sorry to hear that mrs major, it looks like im joining too just tested a little while ago and its bfn, otd is monday but im not holding out any hope after the bfn af pains started right on cue, thats me done now too no frosties and we cant do a second cycle its taken yrs just to get to do this one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->