Support Group failed IVF/ICSI IUI or any failed assisted conceptions 2014

Silarose - my SIL is pregnant after the second round of IVF, the first of which was cancelled due to not producing enough follicles. This time round they increased her medication and it worked. Hopefully they'll be able to sort something out for you too :)

I also told my boss I was going through IVF and he's been supportive so I think you've done the right thing, we need all the help we can get!

Baby Christie - I'm sorry for what you're going through. I think talking to your GP is a good idea. Thinking of you.

Yes Inky off to sunny climes :coolio: - your hubby sounds fab! Hope you enjoy your weekend away, you deserve it :)

H xx

sila - good your taking up offer of free counselling. I don't think it is weak at all to have it. I have also heard stories similar to Helen's SIL, hopefully they will have sorted out your drug protocol and it will work this time. Oh by the way you made the mistake of asking about when my FET is. How long is a piece of string? The answer is I don't know as haven't got an appointment with clinic until Nov 13th. Clinic is abit rubbish. I won't bore you.

Night Night.

Thanks Inky, silarose and helen. :hugs::hugs: Its helpful just to know that others have and do feel the same. I feel like I am going mad, but I guess this is mostly normal. I haven't tried acupuncture - I've had it for back spasms in the past and it helped with that - but its so expensive and we are trying to use all our money for IVF at the moment unfortunately. I'll see how counselling goes today with a new counsellor and hope that I can get some regular sessions booked again. I'm also going to speak to the GP and clinic about medication. Fingers crossed someone can find a way to stop me ending up in the looney bin!

Hi everyone

Helenttc - thanks for letting me know about your SIL. Any success stories make me feel so much better. I felt much better in work today knowing that I ahve the support of my boss to take it a bit easy!

Inky2006 - it's awful waiting around isn't it? I hope you get success soon!

Babychristie - I really feel scared about going completely mad too! My DH can't understand saying 'it's only for a month' - but a month of feeling nuts is like a lifetime to me! I'm going to try counselling too. Good luck with your GP xxxx

Hi,

Just wanted to say hope you girls are all doing well and I'll be back in a week and a bit!

H xx

Just had to have a quick vent - my brother and his wife who know about our situation and failed ivf - have their status on fb as - love my baby making momma/daddy ugh

As time passes it seems to be getting better - and then you get a kick in the face.

Thinking about everyone here xo.

Oh and silly question... I find that I used to be in awe and sadness of people with multiple lines of ivf 1/2/3 etc on their signatures and now that is me - I can't believe that it is me
It is surreal isn't it?

Hiya

Blue12 - I know how you feel I HATE facebook status updates like that/pictures of scans etc. I have actually changed my privacy settings so I can't see constant updates from friends who are preggars/have new babies. Feels a bit mean but they don't know that I have done it and I don't have constant reminders that I'm infertile - so everyone wins!

I have just taken my first 100mg clomid today. Time to go nuts again!!! 50mg sent me absolutely mad! I hope I'm going to be ok:wacko::wacko::wacko:

Hi everyone

Writing to you with a very bad hangover. Yes, I have now embraced life in full and making the most of time off in between cycles. I was teetotal for nearly 4 months so think i deserve to have some fun!!!

Helen - have a lovely holiday, be good for you to get away. Get some vitamin D from sunshine

Blue - funny blue you should say that. I find alot of postings on FB abit smug if I am honest. I actually haven't been on FB for a year and a half. I admit it is good for some things, like keeping in contact with people overseas, but I now email them. Also was good to keep in contact with my brother who lives along way away. My mum is actually on there so that she can keep up with what my brother is doing, as he doesn't always phone. he is in his late 30s but she still worries!!!! It is abit much for your brother and SIL to do that, have you told them. maybe your mum could have a word with them. Blue - I know how you feel anyway, I was saying to my best friend last night that I am faced with the reality that I won't have children. However, we have to keep going. It will be our turn one day - and I think that is the only way to look at it. Glad you are feeling betterxx

Silarose - good luck with the clomid. You may be okay this time, its a step closer to that much longed for babyxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love Inks

Thanks everyone. Yeah I keep thinking about blocking people on fb - but I also don't want to be left out of some of the news and then find out stuff in person - ugh.

My brother and sil totally know our situation. I teased with dh that I should put my status as "love my money making husband who provides me a large home" (my brother and sil are very challenged in the finance department). I would never do it - but it is about the same kind of boasting I think lol.

You are right inky - it is a scary reality that we are all facing - but we can't give up and we have to keep going until we get our dream. xo to all!

Just wanted to say Hi and see how everyone is.
I had a follow up scan - the baby has totally gone now but there is still some more bleeding to come. We will get an appointment to see one of the doctors in about a month to see where to go from here.

I get frustrated with facebook too with status updates and photos. :( I've had to 'hide' people otherwise I'd go crazy

Big hugs to everyone xxxxxx

Hiya Starbright

Sorry to hear about everything you have been though hun. Hope you are ok - make sure you give yourself lots of tlc xxx

Hi ladies

May I join? I've now had two unsucccessful ICSI cycles (due to MF). Weirdly my 2nd attempt wasn't as heartbreaking as the 1st, but the reality that I may never become pregnant slowly starting to sink in.

I'm so sorry this thread has to exist, it would be wonderful if it worked for everyone 1st time.

Starbright - I'm gutted to see you here:hugs:

Big hugs to everyone, it's sad to see so many familar faces:hugs:

:kiss:

Its been a while since I put a post up, but I have been reading posts. Im very very saddened to hear about the sad news people have being going through. My thoughts are with you.

I have not had the energy to put a post up. But I cant do this on my own...Im a mess. DH suggested counselling...I think I need more time.

I had ICSI and 2 ET's and at my 6.5 week scan (2 weeks ago)was told no heartbeat, in fact one empty sac and one with maybe something there,:nope: next day I got a private scan, where there was a foetal pole but no HB. :shrug:

Anyways last week I went for my 8 week scan and the Dr performed US. Confirmed two sacs, one empoty. The other had two yolks with one foetal pole at 2.5mm. I was told the pole should be 15-20mm at that stage.

I was gutted and heartbroken. I had my D&C two days ago as I did not want the delayed miscarriage. I cried so much after it.

I then picked myself up and thought positive thoughts. Was first ICSI go and I have 5 frosties. So I consoled myself, failing which I have one more cycle.

But then today I was in the shops and I heard a new born baby cry and my heart stopped and the tears came. It hurts and I have so much respect for women who have gone through countless cycles and still come out on top with their emotions intact!! This is my first one and I am a mess. I am dreading going to my inlaws as they have newborns one after the other and I dont think i can cope at the moment. thats awful isnt it???

Anyways I just wanted to say that I feel when I read teh posts, it gives me some motivation and hope and really it makes a difference.

Thanks for reading this. :kiss:

Rosegal xx

Sorry for what you have gone through Rosegal. It is heart breaking - I find as difficult as it is - forward is the only way we can go. xo

Just have to say I am hating the fertile world today.

I don't exactly mean that but I am green with incredible envy, and angry at the injustice of not beind able to get pg naturally.

Well, ladies, unfortunately, my ivf cycle failed. I have kind of known it the last few days from hpts but got the beta confirmation today. Even though I knew, today has been really rough. I am ANGRY. I feel like my body and the doctor failed me. I also am mad that I allowed myself to get to be almost 38 before doing this. The pms probably isn't helping.

And, I am GRIEVING. I already loved those little embies as imperfect as I knew they were.

I know you all know about this. I am thankful there is a thread to vent this. Hugs to all you ladies :hugs:

Right now, I don't know next steps. We have adopted before and had an amazing experience, so, that is close to my heart. However, I have also had a biological child and know how wonderful that is. Initially, we embarked on ivf because insurance paid for one cycle, but, going forward, I'd be 100% self pay which would total around $12,000 a cycle. I have an appt. with the fs next week to discuss

So sorry MySillyGirls... I know exactly what you mean about already loving the embryos so so so much.

My first one we had to pay ourselves and I am about to start into another cycle that we have to pay for - it is scary - but hopefully worth it. xo

Rosegals and Mysillygirls - sending you lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

It's so gaoddam awaful that we have to go through this.

I'm going in for a scan tomorrow. I started chlomid on sun and stims on tue so hopefully I will get some idea how I am getting along. My last cycle was cancelled due to poor response (1 dominant follicle and 4 other small ones). I didn't even know that could happen and was traumatised afterwards. I'm so scared the same thing will happen tomorrow I can hardly let myself think about it. I'm being positive but will be so devastated if the same thing happens again!!!! Pleas let this time be different PLEASE!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all okay. I'm back from a fantastic holiday and start my second IVF cycle tomorrow.

The hol was just what I needed, although at one point we got chatting with a couple and it transpired she was 9/10 weeks pregnant which is what I would have been if I hadn't miscarried. That was a bit tough.

Welcome Springflower and so sorry MySiilyGirls and Rosegal :hugs::hugs:

How did your scan go silarose?

H xx

Hiya everyone

Helenttc - glad your holiday went well and good luck with your next cycle.

My scan was okish. I was on day 4 of stims and the dr noted 4 growing follicles on my left ovary and some smaller ones on my right. He said it was too early to tell and i hope that this is the truth and he wasn't fobbing me off. Does that sound right to everyone else? have to go back Wed to see how I am getting on. My right ovary didn't respond at all last time so got my acupuncturist to foucs on waking it up on Sat. I am feeling blaoted - but felt like that last time when nothing was growing so will just have to wait and see. Am so nervous about Wed!!!!

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->