• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Support Group failed IVF/ICSI IUI or any failed assisted conceptions 2014

Hi,

How are we all doing? Feeling really down at the moment because if it had all gone to plan I would be on the verge of having my 12 week scan and telling people my good news.

Have been trying for two years now and I know that's nothing compared to some of you but I just can't believe I have nothing to show for it yet.

A friend started trying the same time as me and her little boy is now 4 months old and I'm still not even pregnant :cry:

I've just got to hope and pray this next round of IVF does it for me.

Hope all you lovely ladies are okay.

H xx

hi ladys my storey ive been ttc 15 yrs ive got pcos no right tube we mc last yr at 7wks naturally in march 2010 i started first cycle of ivf got bfp 1st may everything was going great until 16+2wks midwife couldnt find a heartbeat baby had died at 13wks so we are waiting for test results of baby b4 we can start again hopefully

So sorry to hear your story Ann, I hope your test results turn out okay :hugs:

H xx

Hi everyone, hi helen hi ann

Sorry to hear about that ann, must be really awful. Can't imagine what you are going through. Helen hope your second cycle going well so far. I've not been on here much because I needed to have a break and mentally distract myself from it for a while. My news is that I have my follow up appt on 16th Nov. 2 months after negative test. I wrote a complaint to the clinic because, felt there was lots of shortfalls with aftercare. The actual treatment was okay. I was not making a complaint about this at all. I was simply saying that their processes were not very patient orientated in terms of aftercare. However, like with all of these things, when you make a complaint, they turn it around as if it is your problem. I recieved the the reply (results of investigation) letter today and quite frankly do not want to use the clinic again. However I have five frozen embroyos and really want to give them a chance. Its abit of a catch 22 situation. When I have calmed down I expect I will be okay but at the moment I am incensed. Livid!!!!

Anyway, sorry to make this all about me. Hope everyone else is okay.

Love INks

got test results baby was a girl we named her natalie anne she died of turner syndrome, they said i can start ivf again asap

Hi,

Inky - sorry you didn't get the response you wanted. I would bite your tongue and go and get the frozen embies.

I'm sure they will have learnt something from your complaint even if they don't admit it.

Ann - I'm so sorry for your loss.

H xx

Have now had 2 IVF fresh cycles and one FET. The FET, my final 'chance', has just failed.

Today is End of the Road :(

CurlySue my heart is so broken for you. The world must feel like it is spinning out of control right now. Take some time for yourself and your dh. Do you think you may ever try ivf again?

Sending tons of love. xo

CurlySue - I am so sorry for you :hugs::hugs:

I hope you have support around you to help you through this. I wish there was something I could do to make you feel even the tiniest bit better.

Thinking of you.

H xx

Hi ladies :flower:

I'm so sorry that anyone has to go through this pain, I can't believe how life can be so cruel :hugs:

CurlySue - I read your post on the Oct thread and had been thinking of you - I'm so sorry :hugs:

I had 2 perfect embies transfered on 21st Oct, but started spotting 5 days before test date (5th November) then stupid period turned up - can't believe I didn't get a chance to test. Still bleeding now - been one whole week, feel totally gutted and so sad at the moment :cry:

Big :hugs::hugs: Miss Monty.

Life is rubbish sometimes, and its so frustrating we have to go through all of this.

Thinking of you,
H xx

So so so so so so sorry MissMonty and CurlySue. xo

Oh I'm so sorry for MissMonty and curlysue. Life can be so unfair. MissMonty my AF turned up 5 days early on last cycle, so know how frustrating it is. Blue and Helen hope your current cycles are going wellx

I am awaiting FET and go for followup tomorrow. I have five snow babies.I'm not very optmistic about FET but will try it. It looks like we will be paying for a cycle as the NHS has frozen funding for next cycle until April 2011. I have told my husband I am not waiting that long. I need to get started again now.

Anyhow, I went to a wedding at the weekend and although there wasn't any children there, there were babies. the bride and groom felt that they should invite people with small babies because they would not be able to come to the wedding otherwise. I can't tell you how hard it was for me. This is all tied in with the fact that I am 35 next week. It has been drummed into me that this is the age where fertility drastically declines. I know that this is not really true but can't help thinking it. I know I don't feel 35 and still act abit like a kid at times. I am still trying to be really optmistic about the future,

I think having time off has been good for me (inbetween cycles) It has been frustrating at times but I've also done alot of thinking. I really want my own biological child but have decided that it really would not be the end of the world for me if I adopted. I suppose I just need to know whether it will work or not, Im going to give myself 3 full cycles. I guess like all of us I am inpatient. I would love to have a crystal ball just to have a glimpse into the future. The adoption process is long and ardous in the UK. A journalist stated in a recent article that she would have difficulty adopting her own children. This is because there are so many checks and red tape to go through.

We shall have to wait and see. Now we approaching christmas and this is a difficult time too. I am thinking of all of you.xx

Hi Inky,

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope it goes well.

I'm 34 too (35 next year) and I'm trying to cram in my 3 attempts before my 35th birthday for the same reasons as you talk about but it's like with anything, 35 is just the average. Some will become less fertile before 35 and for others it will happen a lot later. We just have to hope we're in the latter category.

I've thought about adoption too, I don't think they'll even look at you though until a long after treatment as they want to make sure you are emotionally prepared. The other thing I had thought about was donor eggs, apparently there are good success for women in their 40's who use say a woman who is 25's eggs.

I really hope we don't have to consider any other options and that it will happen for us. I feel for you at the wedding, it's so hard seeing other people have what you want and not knowing if you'll ever get it. :hugs:

Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Hi to everyone else.

H xx

Hi Helen, thank you for your support. I hope all is going well for you and wish that you get an early christmas present this year.

I have been to my followup day. Only two months after failed cycle!!!!! It was good to actually talk and discuss next options. My next cycle will be a FET in January. My main concerns now are whether my embroyos will thaw. I am having two back this time wheras I only had one back last time due to HFEA guidelines. Thankfully all of my embroyos frozen were grade 1's. I have 5, however I know they can loose a few cells when they thaw, so will just have to hope for the best. We may have to pay because the PCT have frozen funding but the cost of a frozen cycle is around about £890 approx alot cheaper than a full ICSI cycle. I feel happier now. One of the reasons I have decided to go for January is that my cycles have not gone back to normal yet. My last cycle was 43 days. For any of you that have just failed an IVF the AF after the failure is sometimes abit out and this is normal (something I didn't know) I am aiming for an unmedicated FET, so am hoping that cycles will return as normal. We'll just have to wait and see. Anyway, sorry about the lengthy progress report.

Hope everyone else is doing okay. I am just going off to google for FET success stories. xxxxx

Just wanted to say that I have changed the title of this thread, so that it may be used as support by anyone who has failed IUI's or FET or any other procedure that I am not aware of.

Can I join??? I had IVF/ICSI this past month. A little background about me...I'm 26 (will be 27 in one month) and My hubby is 31.... We have male factor...Anyhow, background on our IVF/ICSI cycle: I had 42 eggs retrieved, 38 went on to fertilize and 16 became blasts. I was told I'd be lucky if we got to do a fresh cycle because I had signs that I over stimulated. He told me the day of my retrieval be prepared to do a frozen transfer! I did a protocol and fought it off (to the amazement of my doctor) We transferred 1 FRESH blast (5-days after) We wanted to transfer 2 but the doctor was against it and said I could still get very sick...so we didn't want to chance it.
Throughout the whole two week wait, I had cramps on and off, and a few days of light spotting (I thought OMG, this is implantation, it worked).....well I was wrong, today was the results of my beta and I got a BFN I'm devastated and so is my hubby, we've been trying for 2 years (this was our first IVF/ICSI attempt) We do feel lucky though that there are 15 more blasts waiting for us, but I just don’t feel hopeful, it this great blast didn’t work, what makes the other 15 better? Ya know? I’m probably not making sense!
The pain of a failed cycle is unreal, I now understand the pain of what some of you unfortunate ladies have had to go through when a cycle fails …t's like someone took your insides out! How do I mentally prepare myself for a FET... I'm just to distraught but don't want to give up just yet!!!!
HELP!!!!

I wishing you ladies all the best in your journeys!

So sorry flower. It is emotionally devastating, take time for yourselves right now and in a few days I am sure you will be ready to jump back in and have a chance again. You are very lucky to have so many blasts!
xo

Hi everyone

So sorry to hear everyone's stories. Feel like I fit in here. I had a cycle cancelled in July due to poor response (only 1 follicle). Started again in Oct and got 6 eggs - to my amazement they were good quality and had a 5 day transfer - 1 early blast and 1 morula. I tested early and got bfn - but later that changed to a bfp!!! Was so excited - but tested a week later (Tue) and the line had gotten fainter. Had a beta yesterday (Wed) which confirmed baby had stopped growing. Can't express how devastated I am - feel numb one minute and totally hysterical the next. I hate this!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->