Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Dovkav, I was wondering - were any of your IVF cycles stimmed? Most of the time, you went naturally without medication and then retrieved the egg for fertilisation, didn't you? Lovely to hear that your baby is 1,6cms with a nice HB :) <3

Clare : :wohoo: am loving your update! Yes, being positive is very important ... send your little one positive vibes :) Are you planning to find out the gender in a few weeks? xxx :kiss:

No we are not finding out, We've waited so long whats a few more months hey xxx

Dovkav, I was wondering - were any of your IVF cycles stimmed? Most of the time, you went naturally without medication and then retrieved the egg for fertilisation, didn't you? Lovely to hear that your baby is 1,6cms with a nice HB :) <3

Thanks bubu!
I did all my IVF cycles without stims, we worked with only one naturally produced egg and than fertilised it.
This was a long process I would do it again w/o a doubt.

Yay, Clare is staying team :yellow: :) :)
I would have, but DH really wanted to know ... and, well, I couldn't have him knowing and me not knowing :haha:

Yes, it is much kinder to your system, not stimming - at the end of the day, your statistics aren't bad though, if you think about it ... took only 7 eggs ;) :kiss:

bubu, it took 6 eggs, the first IVF was w/o luck. We didn't find an egg. I had u/s in the morning and my follicle was 15-16mm, I was told to trigger the same evening. I think it was just a mistake and my egg arrested. Dr. told me I may O'ed earlier so we did IUI instead.
This one was 4th embryo and a sticky one!

Bugs- so glad everything is going so well and LOVE your scan pic! <3 also love the fact your strong enough to not find out the sex. Don't think i could manage it! lol x

Dov- how amazing you have never stimmed! wish my eggs were of good enough quality not to stimm. Would save a small fortune. We are opting for low dose stims next cycle tho. 3 amps as opposed to the 8 amps we had last cycle as that gave us our poorest result yet x

Hi to Bubu, Ash, unlucky and all the crew xxx

Hi girls, thanks for your replies. Bubu, I just had a look at my thyroid levels, everything was ok but TSH was 2.25, will look into it. We threw everything at this cycle, I took metformin for 6 weeks, had endo scratch and cervical dilatation done too, which was worth doing as my transfer went so smoothly. I'm gonna ask about more tests before another cycle, I think we'd be foolish to go through another cycle so blindly. But you're right that each cycle has gotten better. Just hope the next one gives us a baby!
Northernmonke, I'll have a google about DNA testing. Don't think our clinic does imsi though-I'm a bit limited here in Northern Ireland as there's only 3 clinics and although ours is excellent I don't think they're all that advanced. Think we might have to go further afield.

Hey Twinkle! So that is just a tick higher than my thyroid levels (TSH) were. Which are healthy levels and in fact my clinic doesn't even try to do something if you are below 2,5 ... but it may well be worth looking into - the hormone centre I work with has said, that they have had several successes, where they have pushed the TSH to or below 1. Not quite sure what the correlation between these levels and conception are, but there does seem to be something!
In your siggy, you mention that DH has been diagnosed with MF - do you mind my asking which ones? xx

Hi Bubu, I'm not 100% sure what exactly is wrong with DH, they've never really gone into too much detail with us. The count was low the first couple of times he was tested (8million/ml), but it was better on EC this time, he's been on wellman supplements for about a year and it was 14million/ml. Embryologist also said after it was washed the motility was really good, 95% I think. I'm convinced there's something wrong with me that's causing our failures. I'm really considering havin immune testing and a full clotting screen done. I have psoriasis which is an autoimmune thing, so although it's not a serious complaint I think it shows that there's something dodgy with my immune system. I got tested for Factor V Leiden clotting disorder last year as it's in the family, I have one copy of the gene but the haemotologist didn't think I needed any treatment during ivf. I'm not convinced. My worry is that even if I do get immunes done and there's something wrong, I don't think I will be able to have treatment for it here. I asked about NK cells last time and was told "there's not enough evidence"! Just want to get some answers so we can move forward.

twinklemama - So sorry to read that you have had three failed cycles. So what is the plan. Are you researching to go abroad to do your next cycle? How does that work with your job etc?

Bub what are you having - sorry if you had said already.

bugs - so glad all the scare were false alarms and you little embrie is growing well

Sandy - so glad you have some good news with dh. To answer your question I am 26.5 weeks now. Moving into the 3rd trimester. Any more updates with dh treatments?

AQ - so glad to see you appearing on this thread again!! I think all birthdays are special so happy that you had a good time!!

Dovkav -love your story and you are so strong and patience to do natural ivf every time!! Persistent really paid off!!!

Twinkle - I know for "normal" standards, 8mil is a tiny bit lower ... but it is still a good count and with a motility of 95%, I think the chances are good :) Oh and I think it would be good to have the NK cell testing done if you can, as well as the thyroid levels ... I really hope you will be able to move forward :hugs:

Jo - we are not 100% sure. The last scan, the umbilical cord was in the way and the doctor said "tentatively" she thinks we are having a little girl. Yesterday, I had another appointment ... which went very well. Based on all the measurements, Pünktchen weighs around 186g ... I haven't put on much weight, about 1-1,5kg, so they are happy with that (in total 2 since my first appointment), iron levels are fine ... and we spent quite a long time trying to get a clear view of Baby P.'s genitals ... (I am just going to say she) but she was kneeling almost the whole time - looks like she was praying (did wriggle around, but didn't move positions), so that we couldn't really see. At one point I was pretty sure I didn't see anything dangling, but the view wasn't good enough that the doctor felt comfortable. We still think girl though... Oh well, I have an appointment for the anatomy scan in 3 weeks and then I will definitely see. She did say I could go back in again in a few days, just to see if we can see the gender ... and since I can't wait another three weeks, I have an appt. next Thursday *lol* ... Anyway, we have two pictures - one of Baby P. kneeling, you can see the spine and her basically leaning on the placenta and the other is a frontal one (which I think looks quite scary *lol*) ... It is quite funny, throughout most of the scan, she had her hand up by her head / ear. On the frontal picture, it makes her look like she has elven ears .. my little elf <3 :cloud9:

Attachments

• US Pünktchen 27.05.2014 kneeling.png
    US Pünktchen 27.05.2014 kneeling.png
    236.4 KB · Views: 5
  • US Pünktchen 27.05.2014 Frontal.png
    US Pünktchen 27.05.2014 Frontal.png
    234 KB · Views: 6
Great pictures Bubumaci, Hope you get to know for definite on gender next week :hugs:

Bubumaci, your scan photos are lovely! Congratulations!

Unlucky, we're planning to stick with our clinic for now, we were very happy with everything with them and it was only our first cycle with them. We might consider going to a clinic in Dublin (only 2 hours from me) that does immune testing and imsi, but we want to have our review first and see what they say. I would prefer not to travel abroad as I'm a bad flier and it'll add to the stress for me. Plus I'm self-employed so the longer I'm off work, the more it adds to the cost of each cycle. DH's work are not very flexible about holidays so it would prob end up being very complicated.
Hope everyone is well, it's so good to see bfp's on this page, it's giving me hope xo

Hi ladies hope everyone is well.

Just a little update from me, 12 week scan today and our little over achiever is measuring 5 days ahead so I'm now 13 weeks so almost in 2nd trimester. I might even relax a little now and start enjoying it, still can't believe it xxxx

Oh, Clare, how wonderful!!! I love your little ultrasound picture avatar and am delighted to hear that you are ready to settle in and enjoy! So very happy for you! <3 :kiss:

Very happy to hear this news Clare :hugs::hugs::hugs: Much happiness coming your way !!Only tears of happiness to come!!

Bugs, congratulations! Your scan picture is lovely! And reading your signature and looking at the point ur at now gives us all so much hope!

Bubumaci, had my review appointment on Friday, gonna have an endometrial biopsy done to test for NK cells. Asked about imsi, he said their microscope isn't quite as strong as an imsi one but it's not far off so they're happy that they can see enough with what they can see at present. Plus DH's sample was good this time so they're not overly concerned about him at present. Excited to be moving forward!

Hope everyone is well xo

Hello ladies!
We came back from a 2 week vacation.
I missed you so much and you were in my thoughts a lot!
We visited Boden See, Zurich see and Alps, Titisee and Lichtenstein. It was our second vacation ever! On the trip I had a little scare. I was walking down the hill and slipped on the rock and fell on my but. I was worried about the baby. I was thinking only possitive, the water surrounds him and he couldn't feel the bump.
I am feeling great! My nausea and fatigue was gone just before the trip. I have only one symptom: sore breasts and the pain is milder every day. I am so happy to hit 11 weeks, I'll be in a safer zone very soon. Then I'll quit my aspirin and I am slowly reducing my progesterone now.

My IVF bill came back and I have to pay for ICSI. It was never done. We have a letter from a dr who says "a natural cycle IVF was performed with an assited hatching". Not a word about ICSI. Is there is a mistake on the bill or I was not informed right?

My hubby's sperm dna results came back very good. Refernce range is <15, his number is 5. I beleave we had an implantation problem, aspirin and assited hatching did a trick!

bugs and unlucky, bubu I am so happy your pregnancies progressing smoothly I hope I'll get in my first tri soon and be in my safer zone.

twinklemama, you are on the good path right now, and working hard and doing everything possible for your little miracle. You'll be blessed very soon
Sending you best wishes!

Dovkav, welcome back from your trip sounds like you had a great time. Glad baby is doing well after the fall. Can't believe you are 11 weeks. Hope you get your bill sorted as doesn't sound right at all!!

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well :hugs:

Well AFM DH came out of hospital yesterday after his last chemo! :happydance: Feel like we have passed the first milestone xx

Hey Dovkav :wave:
I already wrote back in my journal - but just thought about it ... you have been TTC since 2011, but have only just been on your second vacation ever? You poor things! How come you haven't been able to get away?
Oh, and don't worry about slipping and falling on your butt - that wouldn't bother the baby a bit. Even when you bump your tummy against something, they are so well cushioned in there :)

I would definitely ring both the doctor's practice as well as the invoicing company to get that cleared up. Something definitely not right and you shouldn't be paying for ICSI if it wasn't done. Awesome results for the DNA fragmentation too! :) You were worrying about bad quality sperm for nothing :hugs2:

It may not even have been an implantation issue you were having - I mean in total, if you think about it, you went through 8 cycles. One of which was no eggie ... So 7 cycles - two of which the fertilised eggs didn't develop further than the pronucleous stage ... For the other 5, two of the fertilised eggs were only stage 4 (should be nearer to 8 on day 3) - so were clearly not developing properly - which leaves the other three. Most couples have to try for several months before getting pregnant and I think taking 7 cycles sounds pretty normal. In many cases - it is just not known, because it is not monitored like with AI cases - eggs will get fertilised by the sperm, but they will not develop properly because of genetic defects and it doesn't come to implantation. Based on your statistics, I am sure that the assisted hatching and aspirin and everything else you did upped the chances but I would also maintain, that your statistics support a pretty normal length of time to get pregnant ;)

Sandy - that is WONDERFUL news that DH is out of hospital and is done with his treatment! How is he feeling? How are you? Sending you huge :hugs2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->