Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Dovkav, glad you had a good holiday, I'm sure your fall won't have done any harm. Good news about the DNA fragmentation, my consultant suggested it to us aswell but just gonna have the endo biopsy first and take it from there.

Sandy, hope DH is doing well, I'm sure you're glad he's home.

Thanks Ladies, DH is doing well considering what he has been through and I'm ok. We have just booked a cottage about 2 hours from where we live to get away for a week in July so got something to look forward too. xx

A weekend away in a cottage sounds perfect Sandy! :)

Enjoy and relax Sandy, you both really deserve it after all you've been through xo

Hey Dovkav :wave:
I already wrote back in my journal - but just thought about it ... you have been TTC since 2011, but have only just been on your second vacation ever? You poor things! How come you haven't been able to get away?
Oh, and don't worry about slipping and falling on your butt - that wouldn't bother the baby a bit. Even when you bump your tummy against something, they are so well cushioned in there :)

I would definitely ring both the doctor's practice as well as the invoicing company to get that cleared up. Something definitely not right and you shouldn't be paying for ICSI if it wasn't done. Awesome results for the DNA fragmentation too! :) You were worrying about bad quality sperm for nothing :hugs2:

It may not even have been an implantation issue you were having - I mean in total, if you think about it, you went through 8 cycles. One of which was no eggie ... So 7 cycles - two of which the fertilised eggs didn't develop further than the pronucleous stage ... For the other 5, two of the fertilised eggs were only stage 4 (should be nearer to 8 on day 3) - so were clearly not developing properly - which leaves the other three. Most couples have to try for several months before getting pregnant and I think taking 7 cycles sounds pretty normal. In many cases - it is just not known, because it is not monitored like with AI cases - eggs will get fertilised by the sperm, but they will not develop properly because of genetic defects and it doesn't come to implantation. Based on your statistics, I am sure that the assisted hatching and aspirin and everything else you did upped the chances but I would also maintain, that your statistics support a pretty normal length of time to get pregnant ;)

We had 7 natural w/o stims IVFs.

2 cases of 3 pronucleus embryo was an egg's fault.

what happened to 3 other embryos? My RE and we chose to grow till 2 days our embryos they were good quality.

You are right, bubu about statistics.

we did 7 IVF's with 6 egg retrievals, it may be equal to 6 cycles of a natural TTC, maybe more IUIs when you really catch ovulation, right? ON average it takes one year for a couple to conceive. It took us 7 IVFs, not 12.
It could be just a right time and a lucky healthy month. Aspirin and assited hatching may not did a thing???! we'll never know, my RE just raised her shoulders. She couldn't comment on our lucky BFP.

Sandy, I am so happy your hubby is home. Hoping and praying he is on his healing path. Enjoy your romantic cottage, you guys:kiss:

bubu, I am sorry about your nightmares. I did have a very colourful dreams which I could clearly remember in my early pregnancy.
I know my hubby since 2005, this is so right that we have had only 2 vacations ever. We had to be close to his father. He had Alzheimers and he needed lots of help.
I called my dr. yesterday. It is a mistake on the bill. ICSI was never done.

Clare, I am super excited for you!

twinklemama, endo biopsy is a good way to go towards your miracle. Good luck. Sending you blessings.

Oh, it's OK - I don't really worry about them. :)
I am sorry that DH's Father had Alzheimers! That's very tough, especially on the relatives! It is very sweet of you, that you looked after him! That can be very stressful for families!! :hugs2:

Have you told to anybody that you have had IVFs?
We did.
I am glad to some horrible people we lied, and we said we did IUI.
My mother's in law friend told her that I don't look good. So my mother in law broke the news that I am pregnant.
Instead saying congratulations!
She said " from him?" "You don't know what they put in"
Why did she do that?
She has a grandchild, she should not be jelous.
I have 2 possible causes:
1. I know she doesn't like me and my husband. But Do we need to hear her opinion?
2. She has a tought time right now in her life. Maybe she wants to make us feel horrible too?

Some people are just horrible!!!!! that is such a nasty thing to say. I wouldn't worry yourself with analysing why she said it as people like that are not worth the trouble! xx

That is just awful! How mean! So sorry you had such a nasty response to such fabulous news!

Yes, I have been very open about the treatments we went through - both while going through it and also about Pünktchen being an ICSI baby. I don't see it as anything to be ashamed of and even if it is nobody's business, I think it proves even more our love for each other and for our future child to go through so much to have him. (Plus it really bugged me when people would say to give it time / not to stress / how we can have another child ... really really pisses me off and so I set the record straight).

:hugs2:

I've told a lot of people, I'm the same as you Bubu, I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of. I've learnt so much from talking to people, even my patients, as I'm a dentist-one of my patients is now my consultant!

Dovkav, some people are just cruel and don't have a good word to say about anyone. They will get their comeuppance one way or another!

Bugs- fab news regards your scan! how are things going? x

Twinkle- Glad things are moving forward x

Dov- Glad you enjoyed your vacation and that you are feeling well x

Sandy- FAB news about dh! so happy for you both. One hurdle done! and cottage sounds lovely. Will do you both good x

Hi to unlucky, Buba, and all the gang x

AFM- I actually have some news to report! lol. We are going to be starting our 4th cycle of IVF in October!!! :D we are well away from saving the required amount but my dad is very kindly going to contribute some and loan us the rest! i am so happy to be given this chance this year as i honestly could not see it happening before next year due to our circumstances. I am hoping and praying that its 4th time lucky and i also hope that my 4 stone weight loss will make a difference as regards my response to the meds as we are opting for 'mild IVF' this time around. They do the ICSI in on the price if needed and its going to cost us £1000 less due to mild doses of drugs. We have reasoned that last cycle although we may of got 7 eggs, only one was adequate enough for ICSI and i was on 8 amps of stimms that cycle so we would rather have 2-3 amps of stimms and get 2 decent eggs. Quality over quantity any day now. So i will soon be joining you ladies again in IVF chat and i pray pregnancy chat ;) xxx

AQ that's brilliant news! And so generous of your dad to help you out. Parents are usually always supportive of us on this journey but not all are able to help like this. We were also very lucky to have help last time, my father-in-law gave us £5k towards our treatment and we paid for the drugs and endo scratch/sedation. Took so much pressure off cos everytime we cycle we lose my earnings aswell as I'm self-employed. You're definitely right about quality over quantity, hopefully we'll both get 4th time lucky! I should prob be going around sept/oct too I expect xo

Thanks Twinkle :) we are very lucky. So many other people would not be able to have the support we have. My dad paid half of our last cycle too. Guess he really wants a grandchild huh? ;) i think above all else he wants me to be happy and il never truly be happy until im a mummy. I am sure you know that feeling. I still enjoy my life and live it well but that aching longing is always there. Ooh we might be cycle buddies then and i pray, pregnancy buddies! please god. i truly hope its 4th time lucky for us. Forget that 3rd time lucky crap, its just a cliche ;) xxx

Sarah - that is just wonderful! I am so excited for you and really happy, that your Dad is able to give you this opportunity this year!! And yeah - forget that 3rd time lucky crap ... I was hoping that in 2012 *lol* :) Oh, I am so excited!! Many hugs coming your way and I will start with the dust sprinkling now already :) :dust::dust::dust: :kiss:

Amazing news Sarah, parents are bloody amazing aren't they. We wouldn't have been able to do as many cycles without mine so we are really lucky.

I really hope that mild IVF is better for you, we were given the option of mild IVF or donor and I was just ready to move on but I think for egg issues it is definately the way to go xxxx

Hi to all!!

Sandy so happy you are finally getting some good news !!! Glad the treatment is going well for dh. Also not fine more till your FET you getting excited?

AQ -I am so happy to see your post - we are all praying that you get that lucky BFP this coming October. When are you going to have your chat with the doctor to know exactly what is the best treatment ?

Bub & Bugs so happy that everything is going well for you gals to date love the scans pictures.

Dovkav -How rude and insensitive can some people be honestly if you have nothing good to say just zip it !!

AFM- I have been missing due to a few things. I recently turned older and had one big scare. I was bleeding blood red and the baby has been measuring a little smaller than expected. I just thought oh no how to cope and worried myself to death. I am happy to say though everything is fine baby is still measuring a little smaller however not to be too concern yet just on the monitoring stage. More frequent visits to the OB.
Gals hope this doesn't happen to you but finding sleep really hard to come by now due to bad back just got my new wedge pillow hopefully that will help.

Even though I am still thankful that I have got this far and really really hope that nothing bad happens in the next 11 weeks.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to everyone on this Thread!!!

Great news AQ, Fx'd for October :happydance:

Unlucky, so so sorry to hear about your scare, glad to hear baby is doing well and I'm sure he/she will catch up to where they need to be and fx'd you have nothing to worry about :hugs: xx

Thanks ladies. I am so happy but also terrified of another fail as wonder how i would cope mentally?? this journey is a nightmare isnt it, yet we continue to carry on so shows our strength xx

Jo- Glad all is ok with baba and sorry u had to go through a scare x

Hi to all the gang xxx

Jo - glad to hear all is OK!! :hugs2:

Sarah - it is a nightmare! I am so glad that you are getting the chance to get your dream come true this year. It costs so much energy (physically, mentally, emotionally) to keep going and to keep going ... not to mention the financial burden too ... however - I can PROMISE you this: if and when it does happen, all the crap we go through to get there, is forgotten ... the times I cursed it all in the past - but the second I got that "positive", I felt it was all worth it and I am glad that I persevered and didn't give up! :hugs2:

Thanks to all!!

AQ hang in there I was reading my diary from 1 year ago and I agree with bub. A lot of all the hurt and anguish that we experience gets swept away once you have your little one moving inside you. I hope pray that everything works out for you this coming cycle :hugs::hugs:

I hope in a few months you will be posting happy news and you will be laying in bed at night unable to believe that it is really happening to you!!

Hope everyone is well 6 weeks and 2 days left of work so exciting to take 1 year away from work :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->