Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Congrats on being pupo with twins Ash! BEAUTIFUL looking embies! <3 Wishing u lots of luck for OTD and pray its a BFP for you x

Any news on Jo an Baby?? x

Hi everyone. Not much to report from me. I am just waiting for script to be sent to pharmacy an then i can arrange drug delivery and then its just a case of waiting for AF! always waiting for something arent we?! lolxxx

Hi guys! Hoping I can join your group for a bit of support as we have just had our 3rd failed attempt at IVF with a frosty. Due to a genetic issue I have PGD so I know it was a genetically healthy embie but it just didn't stick.

I have one more go on the NHS and then after that it will be back to TTC naturally and risking more MC's. I have been on the site for about 5 1/2 years now, had 4 MC's and 2 chemicals but still trying for that miracle. It can be really hard to see people get what you want while you because a smaller and smaller statistic . .

Hi Razcox :howdy:
I am so sorry you have had to make your way here - but you have found a group of fantastic, supportive women!!
Sorry that I have to ask, but what is PGD? The way you describe it, it sounds like a condition - or do you mean the pre-implantation diagnostic testing they do?

Definitely know how you feel about seeing people left right and centre getting what you want, while it just doesn't seem to want to work. To be honest, I was in a group (still am in the group and we are all friends on Facebook), when we all started down the IVF/ICSI journey back in Spring 2012... there were so many women, for whom the first try was success or even the second or third - and there I was, with try after try after try ... and I even got jealous of these sweet friends, because they didn't have to go through as much as we did to get their miracles.
It is hard, so very hard and it costs so much energy to stand up and try again.
Do you mind my asking, how many IVF tries you have actually had (so stimming and egg-retrieval etc.) if this third try was a FET? Does the NHS count the FETs as if they were fresh tries?

Have you been given a reason for your miscarriages (I am so sorry to hear about that!!!) - do you think that perhaps hormonal supplements (eg. progesterone) might be able to help?

Have everything crossed for you Sweetie! :hugs:

Hiya! To answer your questions:

Sorry that I have to ask, but what is PGD? The way you describe it, it sounds like a condition - or do you mean the pre-implantation diagnostic testing they do?

I mean pre-implantation genetic diagnostis. I have a Balanced Robertsonian Translocation 13 & 14.

Do you mind my asking, how many IVF tries you have actually had (so stimming and egg-retrieval etc.) if this third try was a FET? Does the NHS count the FETs as if they were fresh tries?

I have had 2 full cycles of ICSI with PDG, the second cycle gave me 3 normal embryos 1 AA and 1B something, the A was put back and the B frozen. The last one wasn't good enough for freezing. So I have just had a FET as they wouldn't let me do a fresh cycle with one frozen. This was still paid for by the NHS as it came under the heading of cycle 2. I have one full cycle of ICSI with PDG left on the NHS plus any frozen ones i may get from that cycle. Before we do this though I want to look at other tests first to make sure there isn't something going on to prevent implantation or would cause me to MC again.

Have you been given a reason for your miscarriages (I am so sorry to hear about that!!!) - do you think that perhaps hormonal supplements (eg. progesterone) might be able to help?

They blame then all on the chromosome issue I have but as my Mum and Auntie both have the same translocation and two kids a piece I am not convinced so I am looking at further testing privately.

Hmmm .. is there any particular reason why the clinic is going to ICSI instead of IVF? Since you have been able to get pregnant naturally (even though :cry: those pregnancies have not been sustained), it would seem that there is no problem with your partner's sperm?

Your instincts sound about right (incidentally, my clinic did a trial with one lady, who had had a child a very long time ago, but kept miscarrying while trying to conceive her second. When testing her genetically, they found a chromosomal defect - I think 7 and 13. So they did a stimulated cycle with IVF and also did PID / PGD. They managed to have 5 blastocysts that were tested and interestingly enough, the first had two chromosome abnormalities, 7 and a different one. The second had three chromosome abnormalities; 13 and two others. The third and fourth had abnormalities all across the board - but neither 7 nor 13 were impacted. The fifth was a perfect blast that was transferred and ended up becoming her baby). Our doctor showed us this to demonstrate, that even if you have no chromosome abnormalities / have them - the combination of male and female DNA when making the baby can still have an entirely different outcome... (and also why your Mum and Auntie have been able to have two children each).

It may well be that your genetic issue is contributing, but I wouldn't be entirely convinced that it is the only contributor and think that your idea to have other testing done is a very good idea. It doesn't seem to be an implantation issue, as you have been pregnant a few times. It doesn't seem to be a sperm issue, as fertilisation doesn't seem to be a problem. You know of your genetic translocation (I just read up on it and it does seem to be a major contributor to miscarriages) so it does make sense to have IVF done with the genetic testing ...
Unfortunately, as so many of us have experienced, even having a perfect specimen transferred does not guarantee that a baby will be the outcome - but with the PID, your chances should be quite good.

What other tests are you thinking of having done?

xxx

Welcome Raz and i am so sorry for your losses and failed cycles :(
So did you have 1 fresh and 2 FET? i hope your next cycle works! it is awful and i know what you mean about watching everyone else get what you want as i have also been on this forum in ttc threads for 5yrs and it sometimes feels i will never be in a due date thread but i try to remain hopeful, although hard at times x

Jo- Hope all went well? update us when u can x

Ash- Not long until OTD now! everything crossed for you x

MrsE- Think of you often and hope your ok as can be x

Heather- How are you? hope you are ok. Not seen u around here for a while x

Clare- Hows things? x

Hi to Dov, Peachy, Bubu and all the gang x

AFM- I had another melt down before. The nurse from the clinic called to say she had received the viral results via fax from our GP and dh's hep b core is missing and my rubella immunity!!! wtf?! getting sick of this now! so we both have to have yet another blood test tomorrow and she is marking them as urgent for results to be back on Monday. The nurse said seeing as AF is due around the 8th Sep, if the results arent back on Monday it could mean we wont be able to start on my next AF which messes us right up as i have booked 2wks off work starting on Fri and i have no holidays left this side of Xmas... praying we can start. I will be heartbroken if we cant and also very annoyed as i made it very clear what bloods needed doing! I hope things work out. This much stress prior to the cycle is just not fair xxx

Oh Sarah, how unbelievably annoying! I am so sorry - it's unbelievable that these blood test results keep going missing - never heard of anything so incompetent! I sincerely hope that this urgent testing works and you can get started now in September! :kiss:

Andrea, i know! it almost makes me wonder if its a sign not to bother! :( feeling bit fed up tonight. Hope your ok? xxx

AQ - sorry they lost the paperwork again! That's so lame. I understand your frustrating as everything went wrong this cycle for me except for the transfer. Even my doctor made me really mad by a comment he made when I spoke to him yesterday about how messed up this cycle has been .... I will tell you girls later but I don't want to write about it right now because I get pretty worked up when I talk about it. :haha: Let me just say I'm happy that I don't have any frosties there because I will NOT be communicating with them at all anymore. Even if I get pregnant, I will be consulting with a doctor over here, a high risk OB or something.

AFM - I'm fine, just trying to remain patient. I want to test so bad but I'm not going to ... it's way too early anyways. No symptoms for me either so I'm hoping that's not a bad sign.

Thanks Ash and i really hope whatever that doctor said that your ok? some medical people have no bedside manner at all!! makes me so mad. Don't u go near the pee sticks! waaaay too early! ;) enjoy being pupo xxx

Raz so sorry things haven't gone your way but truly hope they will. This whole thing just isn't fair :hugs:

Ash I'm sorry whatever happened upsets you so much and I hope you never have to deal with them or any other RE because everything works out this time!

AQ I know how frustrating having all the right paperwork/tests can be. Hopefully they get it through their fat heads this time how damn important it is. I'm not very tolerant of incompetence :growlmad:.

AQ - yeah I'm okay. He pretty much said that he was doing my husband and I a favor allowing up to be remotely monitored .... talk about RUDE! I was pissed but kept a level head and just told him that I was willing to have my embryos shipped to CA but they told me that it would be sooo easy to be remotely monitored. He told me he deals with international patient all of the time and I was thinking to myself ... then how come it's so hard for you to deal with a 3 hour time difference.

Morning Ladies

Ash, So sorry your Dr. is being that way but on the positive side your embies are were they should be and hopefully won't have to deal with him again :hugs: Fx'd no symptoms are a good sign.

AQ, I hope you can still cycle on this AF :hugs: Hope everything starts to run smoothly for you soon

Bubumaci, Dovkav & Peachy hope you all are doing well and bumps are growing nicely :happydance:

Welcome Raz :hi: Sorry to hear about your failed cycles it's so unfair fx'd for your next cycle :hugs:

Unlucky, Know that you will be more than have your hands full but anxiously awaiting photo's :happydance:

MrsE, Thinking of you :hugs:

Sorry if i missed anyone :hugs:

AFM nothing much going on here, on a fertility side of things apart from a 2 week long period off and on not sure what is going on there happened last month also but never thought anything of it and thought it was a one off. Not sure whether to ring the clinic or not???? :shrug:

Well DH went into hospital on wednesday and will be in for a minimum of 4 weeks! going to be a long 4 weeks missing him already!:cry: He is currently having intense chemo to kill off his immune system and will have the Stem cell transplant next Wednesday 3rd Sept fx'd xx

Sandy I think you should call your clinic. My rule is that if I ever wonder if I should call I should : ). How scary but yet exciting for hubby! It will be so amazing for you both when this works! I hope you have friends/family that can stay with you here and there to ease the loneliness of him being gone even though I know it will never be the same. You are an amazingly strong woman and I pray the next 4 weeks fly by for you :hugs: :flower:

Sandy - It will be hard without your hubby but the prize at the end will be so worth it! Like peachy said, maybe you have some friends or family that can help ease your loneliness although I know there's nothing like having your husband with you!

Sandy- thinking of you and prayers for dh xxx

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Had a nice 3days off work, back in tomorrow for 7 days straight then 2wks off for treatment! whoop whoop! xxx

Ash I can't blame you because I can never hold out either!! I'm a realist and I don't like giving false hope to others so you can believe me when I say that even if it had been a frer and had been fmu it would still be way too early!! You only transfered 5 days ago! Hang in there hon you are definitely not out yet! :hugs:

Our little girl was born 3.275kg on the 25 August through c section.
She is such a cutie. Her dad can't stop looking at her and he is a natural dad. I have only done one nappy change and the rest are taken care my daddy!

Breastfeeding is still a challenge for us my nipples are so sore !!

For some reason I can't post the photo. Will work it out hopefully!

Thanks for thinking about us. It is definately rewarding and worth the five ivf cycles!

Congratulations Jo! And what is princess's name? How are you doing? Look forward to seeing a piccie :)
Enjoy settling in together. That's great that Daddy is helping so much! I hope you get the breast feeding down soon xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->