Support thread for ladies who have had 3+ failed IVF cycles

Plex- Yeah with my low ovarian reserve i always feel lucky to get any follicles growing tbh so everything is a blessing as long as it results in at least one healthy embie for us to transfer :) no egg collection date as yet. Based on previous cycles i will probs have to stimm for 1 additional day, so i estimate EC to be on Thur/Fri of next week x

AFM- Did my cetrotide jab this morning half asleep and injected it too damn fast which resulted in a big red mark on my tummy and a stinging sensation for half a hr! forgot how much i hate cetrotide! good job for selective memory or i would not be doing this a 4th time lol x

Oh, Sarah, with the cetrotide, are you alternating sides from where you inject the FSH? I tried to make sure that I wasn't injecting at a similar site...
So funny, the nurses allowed me to inject the shot after the ER and after the transfer, that I had to have - they almost couldn't watch, because I did it so slowly *lol* - they wouldn't believe me when I said that it really hurts me when injections are done too quickly, because it burns as the fluid goes in. I'm amazed that I seem to be the only person who has this issue (or at least who says something about it) ...

Yeah i do alternate sides but each side is still getting a needle each day due to two lots of injections and i seem to have a stinging sensation with the cetrotide everytime i use it :( least its not for long. Only another 3 to go! lol.
Hows everything with you Andrea? xxx

africaqueen, hope and pray for a juicy growing nice eggs!

My pelvic griddle pain getting intense every month and I think It's time to visit physiotherapy. I am not complaining, the pain is managable, but I am afraid to wait till it gets to extreme.

Thanks Dov. Sorry to hear you are in discomfort and hope you get some relief soon. Can't believe you are 24wks already! this year is going so fast x

Sarah how are you getting on, are you still on track for egg collection xxx

Hi Clare.
So far so good! i had my scan on Monday and the 3 follicles i have were sized 22mm, 21mm and 20.5mm so fantastic growth since last scan and egg collection all booked in for 12 noon tomorrow! cannot believe how fast this cycle has gone! its crazy.
The nurse said my womb lining is perfect at 9.5mm too :)
How are you doing? xxx

Thats great news, Enjoy your anaesthetic tomorrow that was without a doubt my favourite part.

I'm good thanks a bit tired but all good, I had my 28 week 4d scan on Monday so that made things so much more real. I haven't a clue how to upload pics but I have managed to change my avatar pic xxxx

Hope everyone else is well xxxx

Sarah, that is absolutely fantastic news about your follies!! How wonderful! :)
All fingers and toes crossed for your EC tomorrow, will be thinking of you! :) xoxoxo

Clare - what a lovely photo - absolutely beautiful! :) To upload pictures, you need to "go advanced" and then attach :) xoxo

I'll give that a try when I'm on the laptop xxxx

Clare- Omg the pic is amazing! sooo clear! does it help make things a bit more 'real'? Yes the sleepy juice is defo the best part! love it! haha. Altho i hate the cannula being put in though...ouch! x

Andrea- Thank you! things seem a lot more promising this time around x

OMG girls i am a nervous wreck tonight! Been ok all day and now the enormity of what's happening tomorrow has hit me like a ton of bricks. This truly is our last cycle as we are broke and cannot afford anymore without a win which is unlikely so pinning every hope an prayer on this being the one that works. So, so scared and excited xxx

AQ that sounds absolutely fantastic!! Have been anxiously awaiting a report from you and it's terrific! Your sleepy juice will take the anxiety away ha! Truly the best of luck to you tomorrow. I will be praying all 3 fertilize for you!

Bugs what a beautiful photo! I've seen some scary ones but yours looks great!

Sandy I hope things with hubby are moving along perfectly:hugs:

Bubu and Dovkav hope babies are perfect!

Ash I can't wait to hear what CCRM had to say. Still jealous you get to go there : )

Hope everyone else is happy and hopeful as well!

I'm not the big praying person - but I will be sending up some prayers for you! Did you ever get the IVF companion (from natal hypnotherapy)? If not, perhaps you could put on some soothing music, have some scent that you enjoy ... and lay back, relax, breathe ... breathe a golden light first into your head, then your throat, then down to your lungs, down your spine and finally down to your ovaries - imagine the golden light swirling around your ovaries and your womb, preparing a welcoming home to your coming embryos - deep breaths in through your nose, out of your mouth and let yourself sink into this warm, relaxed state of mind :)
Will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed!! xoxo

Thank you Peachy, yes, Baby P. is doing well, thank you. Had a pre-natal today .. he is weighing around 2 kilos ... and while we were looking at him, opened his mouth into a HUGE yawn (first time I have seen him yawn on the ultrasound) and then swallowed some amniotic fluid (quite a few times) - could see his tongue working away as he was swallowing!
He has hiccups several times a day and - poor mite, must have this from me - has them for several minutes at a time!
But we are doing very well - thank you! Latest updates (as always, every Monday) in my journal (link at the bottom of my siggie) :) xoxo

That's amazing Bubu! So happy for you and don't blame yourself for the hiccups. They all get them and they last for a bit. It's a good thing because that means everything is working : )

Peachy- Thank you! how are u doing? x

Andrea- Thank you! i never got the chance to download as this cycle has gone sooo fast! lol. I have been using relaxation techniques though and love your idea x

AQ I am doing ok. So far so good but found out I have gestational diabetes and am trying to figure that out along with yet another cold. I hate being sick. So is this the best cycle you've had so far? Once it starts it just zooms by doesn't it? Did your Dr say he now agrees with your lower stims appraoch? Sorry for interrogating you : )

peachy- Tbh my doctor wanted me to have max dose again and i said no. I have done research and women with my problems are not helped with max doses of stimms as it makes the already poor quality eggs worse. It seems the gentle approach gives a few good quality eggs as opposed to several poor quality ones. I said this to him and then he agreed?! i know my own body best i think so regardless of the outcome i am pleased with the decision to do this cycle the way i have :) On previous cycles i have obviously had more follicles due to more drugs but the sizes were never so good at day 10 as these have been. We only have 3 but they are perfect size and we are praying they contain mature healthy eggs and we get our embie :) We did ICSI last cycle(against RE's advice but we wanted to exhaust all avenues) which did turn out to be waste of £1000 as we still only got 1 embie as we have each IVF cycle. So back to straight IVF for us this time around xxx

Yes I remember you saying that about stims frying your eggs but since the follies are so big I had just wondered if he was more on your side now. At the clinic I switched to they always do icsi with our program and I was disappointed because at our other clinic our fertilization was fine and I didn't want to do anything invasive if it was unnecessary so I'm glad you know you don't need it and don't have to use it. The sizes of your follies really are perfect so you obviously made the right choice. Hopefully they don't make you wait to know anything. So glad the cycle timing worked out so you have off to relax.

I actually love it when he has hiccups! *feeling evil* ... feels so sweet somehow and I have had people feel my tummy when he does it and they can feel his hiccups from the outside <3 (I just feel sorry for him, when he has 5-6 minute long sessions of the hiccups *lol* - but I know that it is normal and a good sign that his diaphragm and everything is in good working order) :)

I am sorry to hear that you have joined the "gestational diabetes" club ... :( Feel free to ask me anything (I have it too *sniff* - means I can't give birth at the midwife-led facility, but have to go to a hospital, which I really didn't want to have to do *double sniffle*) and I will try to answer. It isn't that bad - have to finger prick 7 times a day (after fasting and before and after each meal) and inject insulin before bedtime (20 units) and in the morning (8 units)... xoxoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->