sure start maternity grant and 2nd 3rd ect time mummys

lol :S i was trying to look 4 my comment cudnt find it... posted a new one and my old one was there! x

I already read about this - what annoys me a little is that I didn't claim it with my first son as we were not entitled , but would have been for this baby - so even though we have a child already we never have had the grant.
My sister in law has 4 children, never worked and has claimed it 4 times - just don't seem fair.
But hey we will all be in the same boat - just bad timing ladies x

see i thought i would be entitled to it as both me and oh are on low income but apparently not. Which annoys me alot when my friend has had three children she has never worked and has got it three times. And that is where lies the problem if you wont work but keep having children then why should they be entitled to it over someone like myself who has worked since leaving school at sixteen and never claimed anything like it before. I didn't mean my last comment to sound rude to you ladies i just meant that i agree with it being for the first child only but i also think that if they do it that way then more people should be considered for it like people with low incomes because i am probably no better off than alot of the ladies on income support and other benefits. X x x

That's bad for you, I say argue it personally.
If you didn't claim before, but are entitled this time around, then in all fairness you should get it!
I don't think they've thought it through very well.

see i thought i would be entitled to it as both me and oh are on low income but apparently not. Which annoys me alot when my friend has had three children she has never worked and has got it three times. And that is where lies the problem if you wont work but keep having children then why should they be entitled to it over someone like myself who has worked since leaving school at sixteen and never claimed anything like it before. I didn't mean my last comment to sound rude to you ladies i just meant that i agree with it being for the first child only but i also think that if they do it that way then more people should be considered for it like people with low incomes because i am probably no better off than alot of the ladies on income support and other benefits. X x x

As I say, I hope you didn't take mine rudely either. And yes it is unfair, as I say I had to come out of work for a medical reason, I suffered and still do to an extent agorophobia, socialphobia, and just general anxiety and depression, if the DR would let me work then I would, I hate seeing all these people who don't work because they don't want to, but claim everything going. Hence why despite being out of work I don't claim income support, although perfectly entitled to it. I'm lucky my ex has a good paid job and is able to support his children finacially through child maintenence, without him I'd be forced onto income support, as I get £130 a week for two children from Tax Credits and Child Benefit. And whilst that might seem like enough, as you know with kids it really isn't.

Luckily my OH is changing jobs soon, to work with his dad as an electrician/plumber :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->