sure start maternity grant UPDATE

Okay well I just gave the social fund a call to see if they got my forms and to see what's going on and I was told the new rules don't come in until April and it's still for every child :shrug: misinformed staff do you think??
Here's te number if anyone else wants to see what they're saying
0845 6088 649

I'm due on the 15th of march with first baby.
I'm not entitled to the grant at the moment as I don't receive any of the listed benefits, although I am on a low wage and my partner is a full time student.

Once baby is born and I apply for tax credits, can I then apply for the sure start grant? As the money would be really useful, as I will only have my maternity pay to live off.

I'm due on the 15th of march with first baby.
I'm not entitled to the grant at the moment as I don't receive any of the listed benefits, although I am on a low wage and my partner is a full time student.

Once baby is born and I apply for tax credits, can I then apply for the sure start grant? As the money would be really useful, as I will only have my maternity pay to live off.

Short answer to that is yes... if you're due to or indeed give birth to your child before the 11th April then you are entitled to the grant BUT if this is your first child you are entitled to the grant regardless as the payout os for the first child or any child born to the family as long as any other children in the family are over 16.

I've just phoned as well and the woman on the line had no idea anything had changed and she asked her collegue and they didn't either. So she said apply anyway.

Aaaarrrgggghhhh it makes me mad that it's soi confusing! Either change it that be it and inform everyone of the change or don't!! Still confused LOL Oh well will have to wait and see if it appears in my account as I sent it off last week but as of yet they hadn't processed them

can I get my dr to sign the form? MY next mw app isn't until 9th Feb and I don't want to risk leaving it that long. Will the dr get annoyed about me making an appointment just for him to sign a form?

Well, they're saying the changes aren't until April, yet they've changed the forms already to include the following...

Apart from other babies from the same pregnancy
– your new baby is the only child under 16 in your
family, or
– your dependant’s new baby is her only child under
16 in your family.

So, I'm guessing I don't get it, because this is the form I have to download to complete and I have an 11 year old, despite never having claimed anything for him.

**Edited** Just called the helpline and the guy on the end of the phone quoted me an email that they had received to state that the change wasn't taking place until April. He was completely unaware of the changes to the direct.gov site and dwp site, so is going to take a look tonight. Seems to me this is a huge rush through of new rules or they've made the mistake of updating the website/forms too early?
He just said to apply, the worst that can happen is that they refuse and you can then appeal it. He couldn't for sure say that you'd be entitled to it though, as like he said, first he knew about the updated websites was when I just told him, over the email they had received that states differently!
So, still none the wiser, but guess I'm going to just apply anyway and keep my fingers crossed.

can I get my dr to sign the form? MY next mw app isn't until 9th Feb and I don't want to risk leaving it that long. Will the dr get annoyed about me making an appointment just for him to sign a form?

Yeah my doctor signed mine no problem... I did go along with a couple of other things too though so it wasn't just an appointment for signing the forms.

Ah ok I see. I'm going to ring up and ask if the midwife has a drop in centre bit see if I can get her to do that then, If not I'll get the dr to do it.

Does your midwife work from the surgery? Mine is based at the surgery and I know if I called or texted her, she'd probably say to just pop the form in and she'd sign it between appointments or when she's not busy. I see her on the 2nd anyway, so guess I'll get it done then.

I just had a doctors appointment yesterday for iron tablets and a new medical certificate, I never thought to get him to sign. :dohh:

Does your midwife work from the surgery? Mine is based at the surgery and I know if I called or texted her, she'd probably say to just pop the form in and she'd sign it between appointments or when she's not busy. I see her on the 2nd anyway, so guess I'll get it done then.

I just had a doctors appointment yesterday for iron tablets and a new medical certificate, I never thought to get him to sign. :dohh:

No she's not, she works at about 4 different surgeries and is only in on wednesdays, Im waiting for the job centre to send me the form then I can get it signed, obviously if it doesn't get here until a few days before my mw I'll just wait but if it comes in the next few days I want it signed asap.

Jeeeeezoooo what a mess!!!!!

They havent changed it yet so everyone on benefits will still get the money. I rang them yesturday, im due on the 16th April and the man on the phone said to me that the changes wasnt even in place yet, so everyone will still get there money including me.

i'm confusd, it says the changes arent coming in till 11th april, but i'm due the 13th of april, do i still qualify then or not lol

They havent changed it yet so everyone on benefits will still get the money. I rang them yesturday, im due on the 16th April and the man on the phone said to me that the changes wasnt even in place yet, so everyone will still get there money including me.

I wouldnt rely on it tbh, there seems to be alot of confusion coming from the phone numbers.

If your due after 11th April it seems you wont get it :flower:

I know they are stoping it after april, but Regarding only getting it for ur first child???? i got it for all for of mine, so it's worth applying even if it is no.2 3 or more. x x x

i've just called them and the guy on the phone said they arent aware of any changes.

maybe its if your before 29 wks on the 11th April. which is what it shold be anyway. because as it reads everyone will be affected before the 11th, and we're being affected now.
stuff it i got the form here in front of me i'm gonna post it, and if baby comes before or after 11th what will be will be. i'm not bamking on it, but it will be a nice bonus if i do get it.

tories for you isnt it havent got a clue where their heads and arses are

The whole thing is confusing me :/

The whole thing is confusing me :/

tell me bout it, its ridiculous, they've given parents 10 weeks notice, thats disgusting, te hip grant was withdrawn before people got pregnant would have been eligible. its bad that they've done this when people like me have weeks to go, and announced 1 day before i'm eligible to send my forms in :grr:

They should have just gone with their original plan and just changed it in April, if that's what they've done because according to the helpline nothing's changed yet, Im so confused!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->