sure start maternity grant UPDATE

The whole thing is confusing me :/

tell me bout it, its ridiculous, they've given parents 10 weeks notice, thats disgusting, te hip grant was withdrawn before people got pregnant would have been eligible. its bad that they've done this when people like me have weeks to go, and announced 1 day before i'm eligible to send my forms in :grr:

Not been 10 weeks notice, it was talked about when the emergercy budget was made so it's been a fair while. It's only just lately since the HIP grant was cut that the SSS grant changes have been over-publicised.
I do agree though they should of made people more awear of the changes however they were quite last minute, I was very lucky and just got in the dates to be able to apply for HIP & SSS, I was just pregerant though when they announced the changes.

Gosh isn't it terrible there seems there isn't really anyone 'official' that seems to have the relevant info on the changes! :shock: from the websites to the call girls they all seem to have different versions! Shocking really!!! :shock:

Hope they clarify on the news or something if its been changed :wacko:

Gosh isn't it terrible there seems there isn't really anyone 'official' that seems to have the relevant info on the changes! :shock: from the websites to the call girls they all seem to have different versions! Shocking really!!! :shock:

Hope they clarify on the news or something if its been changed :wacko:

It has been changed. It is offical that you'll only be able to claim for your first-born when the change comes into place, even if you didn't claim for your other child you won't be allowed to claim for your newborn because it'll be your second/third etc. child.

well I sent my forms off before the changes came into effect, so I've no idea how that'll effect me... I reckon it's just a 'wait and see' thing as no one knows when you phone and ask them lol

Right I have heard so many different things I am so confused.
Here are the different thing's I've heard

If you are due on the 11th of April or after you can only claim if it's your first. (Directgov webite)

If your baby is born on the 11th of April or after you can only claim if it's your first.

The changes havn't happened yet and as long as you are 29 weeks before April 11th and recieve the relavent benefits then you can still claim no matter how many children you have. (Heard this one from the sure start helpline, an actualy person, not a website)

The restriction to one child applies from 11 April 2011, but a grant can be claimed from 11 weeks before the week in which a baby is due.
So the legislation is being brought into force on 24 January 2011.
However, if the baby is due before 11 April, parents can still apply for the grant, even if they have other children. (BBC new website, doesn't even make sense? Contradicts itself!)

I have no idea which one is true

Right I have heard so many different things I am so confused.
Here are the different thing's I've heard

If you are due on the 11th of April or after you can only claim if it's your first. (Directgov webite)

If your baby is born on the 11th of April or after you can only claim if it's your first.

The changes havn't happened yet and as long as you are 29 weeks before April 11th and recieve the relavent benefits then you can still claim no matter how many children you have. (Heard this one from the sure start helpline, an actualy person, not a website)

The restriction to one child applies from 11 April 2011, but a grant can be claimed from 11 weeks before the week in which a baby is due.
So the legislation is being brought into force on 24 January 2011.
However, if the baby is due before 11 April, parents can still apply for the grant, even if they have other children. (BBC new website, doesn't even make sense? Contradicts itself!)

I have no idea which one is true

I had the same when I phoned them too... I dunno, misinformed staff maybe?
:the whole thing makes me :dohh:!!

And these people are ment to running our country..... they can't even inform people properly of their desitions

Hey ladies,I am due Feb 23rd I have a 4 and 5yr old,I wasn't sure if I qualified or not(didn't know if I had enough Tax and Working tax credits to qualify)but I thought to hell with it,dont try you never know,so I sent the forms last week and received my letter today saying yes I did quality

So If I was you and was within the 29weeks to apply just do it as they get back to you one way or another pretty quick with their answer

Hope this info helps a little

thanks comicswife x

I phoned today after sending it last Wednesday and they'd not got it on their system yet but she did say it would only sow up when it had been processed... so we will see!

thanks comicswife x

I phoned today after sending it last Wednesday and they'd not got it on their system yet but she did say it would only sow up when it had been processed... so we will see!

Your welcome just hope all you ladies get what you deserve xxx

What a farce! I just had to have it out with my MW this as they were informed the HIP cut off was EDD 15th April but as my bump buddy due 21st has just received the money I said no no no give me the form! And we ranted about the stupid unclear information bandying about. Clearly the Sure Start stuff is just the same.

I turn 29 weeks in Feb (from which time you can claim) so I would suggest if this is your second child just send the form as soon as you hit the week and see what happens. The worst is that they will reply and say no. I will send mine in anyway and they can deal with the headache of the paperwork! If it's your first child it doesn't make any difference anyway.

Good luck everyone! It's every woman for herself with this misogynist government!

well i'm gonna send mine off dont see the midwife till 9th feb but i have the consultant app on the 3rd so will ask him to sign it for me then sure he wont mind after insulting me for most the appointment lol.

or i might pop docs this week and ask about my hip pain then get him to sign it instead sooner the better.

thanks girls for all the info i never slept last night stressign about money but worked out everything will be ok just means i will have to cut back on a few more things that are not essential.x

Be warned, my MW said the doctor would probably charge for the signature! :shock: so she said to bring it to her to do.

Mine doc signed it no problem... I also went to see him about my spd pain at the same time. x

Someone I know has just phoned up and now they're saying it has changed?!

This is my first baby, my brother is 11 but i dont live with him, me and my partner live on our own so does anyone know if i will still get it?

^ If it's your first child you're not affected by any changes.

What a farce! I just had to have it out with my MW this as they were informed the HIP cut off was EDD 15th April but as my bump buddy due 21st has just received the money I said no no no give me the form! And we ranted about the stupid unclear information bandying about. Clearly the Sure Start stuff is just the same.

I turn 29 weeks in Feb (from which time you can claim) so I would suggest if this is your second child just send the form as soon as you hit the week and see what happens. The worst is that they will reply and say no. I will send mine in anyway and they can deal with the headache of the paperwork! If it's your first child it doesn't make any difference anyway.

Good luck everyone! It's every woman for herself with this misogynist government!

i'm due the 13th and mw said i was in by 2 days so that make you eligible too xx

i'm due the 13th and mw said i was in by 2 days so that make you eligible too xx

Have you spoken to you mw about it now Helen? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"