Surrogate Mothers & Hopefuls: What made you decide?

Stopping in to let everyone know that, despite going through 4 potential IPs, i can no longer go through with surrogacy as i have been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and need to seek treatment :cry: Shattered...

Stopping in to let everyone know that, despite going through 4 potential IPs, i can no longer go through with surrogacy as i have been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and need to seek treatment :cry: Shattered...

Aw no! So sorry to hear that! :hugs::hugs:

Being a surrogate is of course your choice, but there are surrogates that have hyperthyroidism. You just have to find IPs and an RE that are okay with your condition and your taking whatever pregnancy safe meds to treat it. :)

:hugs:

Being a surrogate is of course your choice, but there are surrogates that have hyperthyroidism. You just have to find IPs and an RE that are okay with your condition and your taking whatever pregnancy safe meds to treat it. :)

:hugs:

I am going through an agency, and their doctors dont allow it. But i did find out its postpartum induced so there is a chance it could go away :)

I just want to thank the wonderful, selfless women in this thread (and in the world) who would do this for us stuggling couples.
I know in my heart I would do it for my sister or cousins if they needed it, although as it turns out, they've now had all their children, and I'm the one childless :-( Maybe they'll change their minds and offer to help, but I've never asked, and never will. They know of my situation (my unicornate uterus give us only a 50% chance of a live birth even if I did get PG).
However, what I think I can do in the future is donate eggs. My OH is comfortable with it, and will probably donate sperm too.
Maybe part of me is hoping on Karma, that if I do that one day, I'll get my own child.
At the minute we have one more frozen embryo to try before looking at adoption and surrogacy.

Anyway, thanks to you wonder, wonder women!

Gestational surrogacy is where the surrogate mother carries the embryo which is made up of the intended fathers sperm and the mothers egg, it is then transferred to the surrogate to be looked after and grown for 9 months :). Traditional surrogacy is where the surrogates own egg is used and fertilised by the intended fathers sperm using artificial insemination , hope this helps :)

Hi,
I too was wondering what exactly a traditional surrogate was. Thanks for defining this term. Do you or anyone else here know what it would be called if my DH and I conceived a baby purely for the purpose of being a surrogate for my sister who has asked me to be a surrogate for her. Is this considered an outright adoption??

Hi,
I too was wondering what exactly a traditional surrogate was. Thanks for defining this term. Do you or anyone else here know what it would be called if my DH and I conceived a baby purely for the purpose of being a surrogate for my sister who has asked me to be a surrogate for her. Is this considered an outright adoption??

This would definitely have to be an outright adoption, not surrogacy at all.

hi ladies im 6 months on with my 1st surrogate pregnancy. im so glad that i have found some like minded people to chat to.
i feel like i cant voice my concerns to anyone without them thinking that i have gone in to this huge decision lightly.
let me explain. i am having a few wobbles about the birth not because i think it will hurt (i have 2 children of my own both natural speedy deliveries #1 8lbs 15oz 8 hours start to finish and #2 9lbs 14oz 3 hours start to finish) but because i have such quick deliveries and the IPs live 3.5 hours away im a little scared that i might give birth and get a little attached to her. i think its just the hormones but some days i feel fine about it as i am just giving her back but there are other days where im a little worried. i know that i would have no problems giving her back.
did anyone else go through this or am i going crazy lol

Random fact: It is not allowed to be a surrogate in Germany .

Hey everyone! I decided to be a surrogate at the age of 16, but personally don't know why. I would love to, once I have finished my family, be a surrogate... It's just something I'd love to do for someone, preferably in a close friendship/family relationship with me. :)

I've always wanted to be a surrogate mother.
My biggest fear in life is not being able to have children - pregnancy and childbirth has always been so fascinating to me, and to not be able to experience that must be devastating. I'm "just a kid" right now, but I would love to give the gift of life to someone who isn't able to experience it first hand. I don't know when or where I'll be in five, ten, twenty years, but surrogacy is something I'm very interested in. :)

This is how I've always felt as well!

i think its amazing that people are willing to be surrogates.:flower:

i know that if my sis inlaw(who cant have any kids) asked me id definately say yes :flower:

I am not a surrogate but I am an "intended parent" with an incredible surrogate partner. The experience has been life-changing for me and my husband. Our surrogate "H" is a truly wonderful human being, and I've learned so much from being exposed to her generosity, life philosophy and intelligence. She has told me that wanted to be a surrogate since she first learned about it in high school, and now being a nursing student, finds it an incredible learning experience as well.

hi i was looking on site amd found your post.are you still interested in being a surrogate?i have started to look into it but dont knw where to start.

thanks

Nadia

As a woman has just started to look into the idea of using a surrogate due me and my partners own problems conceiving...can I just say it is incredible and amazing to see how selfless all you women are :) it truly is inspiring.

Hi, I see this is an older thread but me and my husband are seriously thinking about trying to find a host surrogate with ivf so the baby would genetically be ours. I have had 4 miscarriages in a year with no cause found (age 30 and 31 so I think still relatively young). Our third loss was a 'normal' fetus and all my losses have had heartbeats which have just stopped at around 8 weeks. It seems pretty hard to find a surrogate in the uk but I have found some success stories!

i would love to be a surrogate, i dont think i could use my eggs though but i could do GS, i have 2 beautiful children and to be able to give somebody a child is fantastic :D i have no idea how to go about it though as i cannot seem to find somewhere to find IPs to talk to, im 21 now and have no partner though (we split up before my daughter was born, had sex when my daughter was 6 months old, hence my sons conception and are still no longer together) but in the future i may want other children so i am in two minds whether to wait a while as i wouldnt want to not be able to have more kids myself in the future if something where to go wrong. x

Phantom, thanks for the info, what kind of surrogacy are you doing?

I was originally going through an agency, but then found an independent couple working with a surrogacy lawyer.

I am doing gestational as I'm not sure I could use my egg and not feel attached.

On Tuesday I have the phone consult with their Doctor at the fertility clinic they are going through. I am really excited and hope everything goes well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->