Surrogate Mothers & Hopefuls: What made you decide?

Wow that's amazing! Do you get paid for being a surrogate in the us?

Yes. Well, it depends on your state. Some states monitor the amount so it's not to much, some states say you can have no extra compensation besides bills etc.

My state allows payment, but harshly regulates Surrogacy.

Really I think you should be paid and fairly paid too. While it's a lovely gesture I think payment makes it more kind of professional for want of a better word. I think there should be a contract and payment for gestational surrogacy. In the uk they are pathetic about it with hazy rules and regs it makes me mad! I think surrogacy where you donate your own eggs is a completely different story and not really sure how that would/should be regulated - wouldn't want to go there! I suffer from recurrent miscarriages and undiagnosed too. I get pregnant every time we try but lose it at 8 weeks after a heartbeat. Im on lots of treatment for next time. Most women who mc eventually carry to term but it is bloody frustrating and in the meantime I want to explore my options! Best of luck to you!

Hi all
This is my 1st time on this site as only just found it but jumped straight to this thread as I have not long signed up to be a surrogate.

I have already had my family, a son who is 13 this year, I have wanted to help someone since I had him.

Before having my son I was married to a man who was infertile. It was the most painful 7 years of my life as all I wanted was a baby. Unfortunately the marriage broke down. I went on to another relationship and fell pregnant straight away and loved every second of it.
I knew though as soon as I had him, I wouldn't want anymore of my own but would want to help someone who was in the same situation I was in before.
What better gift to give someone?

My sons dad would not let me be a surrogate when we were together, I've since re-married and have been on to my husband for the last 10 years about it. He finally realised he was being selfish not letting me do something I've wanted for so long so I joined COTS in February, had all the checks done, found a couple (3rd time lucky) and are (fingers crossed) now on our way.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
xx

hi ladies, i havnt gone through all the pages but i would love to talk to any1 who has been or is a surrogate now.

i am going through an agency and have a lovly couple from austrailia. we will be doing the tranfer in oct and im looking foward to it. i get asked al the time how i can bond with this baby/babies then just give it away. i would just like to know your expeirances and how you have anwserd some of the questions

SMA-- hey hey! long time no see :)

My transfer is NEXT week. SO exciting. Been on all the meds for a few weeks now, and starting Progesterone injections on Sunday. Love my IPs they are wonderful!

Er- So great that you can finally be a surro!

hey! thats awsome, were still getting the contracts done so it depends on when we get the clearance letter. they are coming her on the 1st of oct and staying awhile untill they have the retreval i might have to do the transfer after they leave. i love the ips and there 2 boys already cant wait to share this experiance with them and others

Flying out tomorrow for a transfer on Friday!!!! Will update Saturday how everything went xx

Totally forgot to update!! hehe! We transferred two embryos!!! HPTs are coming back positive. first BETA is on 10/4. PUPO w. Twins :)

Well for now we're saying it's twins until proven otherwise, we transferred two so hopefully they both made it. Not SURE until U/S though

hello, i was wondering if anyone has had experience of gestational surrogacy and would be able to help me, me and my finace are looking into gestational surrogacy as she had her tubes tied before we met 5 years ago but have no idea about costs or procedures, we have a good family friend who would me more than willing to help us out but i have no idea of what to do next or of prices, i live in the uk and all of our dreams would come true if we could have a child together, best of luck to each and evryone of you.

Wayne if it's just a tube tie problem then ivf might be a better option, your wife could still conceive and carry as the embryo would be placed back in the womb. Ive not experienced ivf or surrogacy but I know that ivf would be cheaper and give your wife the chance to carry - less stressful? Hope that's helpful.

hello everyone im jain and im in teesside in the uk!

after sevral losses (7 in total) in the last 3 and a half years my husband and i are starting the surrogacy journey to have a second child (our son is 4 and i carried him no probs). just looking for info, friends and any advice really we have joined COTS

****** ignore last post*******

hello everyone im jain and im in teesside in the uk!

after sevral losses (7 in total) in the last 3 and a half years my husband and i are starting the surrogacy journey to have a second child (our son is 4 and i carried him no probs). just looking for info, friends and any advice really we have joined COTS and surrogacy uk in the hope to find a surrogate soon and we have found our clinic to help us with the medical side of things :)

I hope you are able to find a great surro and can move on with the whole journey quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->