Swaddling and Hot Nights???

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Jessie0612, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Jessie0612

Jessie0612 Mum to Gorgeous Adam

Hiya!!

I was just after a bit of reassurance really?
    My LO is almost 5 months and cant sleep without a swaddle yet so I wrap him to put him down a nights. I am worried though that its so warm at the moment and I read that you should be really wary of overheating??

Problem is that without the swaddle, he really cant sleep any longer than 20mins or so, and wakes himself up in no time at all, arms flying all over the place!

Should I swaddle and try to make the room cool as poss, or not swaddle and have the sleep-less nights (and by sleepless I mean hardly any sleep at all!)

Your thoughts would be really appreciated!

I must be one of the only people in the country praying for cooler Weather!

2. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

Eventually your LO will be able to wriggle out of the swaddle; and I don't think it will take too long. Before the summer's out. It's your choice though whether to continue swaddling or to just bite the bullet now. We stopped swaddling when LO was about 2-3m, because it got too hot here to do it. When we were desperate we would leave her in just a nappy and swaddle her with a thin cotton sheet. But that was rare, and eventually it became too hot for that too. But she was okay sleeping without.