Sweeps

abstersmum

Reaction score
I'm due to have a sweep tomorrow morning and just wanted to know if they work and also how painful they are

i had one last time and it didnt hurt but was uncomfortable, not at all painful though. had it in the morning and the early hours of the following morning i started contractions, my daughter was born 2 days later x

I had one with my son(1st baby) & it was extremely painful and did nothing.

I just had one about an hour ago and it was barely uncomfortable, dr said it depends on who does it as every dr is different and that makes a difference in whether it will hurt or just be a small discomfort.

Cant say if it has done anything yet this time but I will keep ya updated!! :flower:

I'm having one on Wednesday, I am interested to hear the replies...

Thanks girls sounds like there is some hope luvmyboys I'll let you know how it goes

I'll be having one on monday if there is no sign by then, but nervous.
I think I'll ask her to check if the cervix is favourable first and if she doesn't think it is I might not bother with it as I reckon that will be when it hurts more. I which case I'll wait another week then try again.

i had one friday it didnt hurt atall i was just unrelaxed mine didnt work i had contractions and lost mucus this babies stuborn i think. the head cant go any further down im two centre meters dilated and lost my plug lol regaurdless it will be here saturday im being induced.

I'm due to have a sweep tomorrow morning and just wanted to know if they work and also how painful they are

Aww I thought about you over the weekend and was hoping to hear good news...She must be really comfy in there :) Hope she decides to show up this week.

had mine today, it was uncomfortable and did take my breath away for a second but it was fine.
it wasn't successful im afraid as she couldn't reach the opening neck of the womb due tot he way it was lying.

don't worry hun it will be fine, even though mine didn't work im suffering serious backache now so maybe the messing around has started me off?

I would say uncomfortable but not painful. My MW was quite vigerous and there was quite a lot of blood and stuff. I was 2-3 cms dilated when I had it with bulging waters. I had waves of pain after but not contractions. They went off and I went into labour naturally 2 days later. I've heard that 2 days is a normal amount of time to wait for a sweep to work.

Hope this helps. x

Sweep didn't hurt tad uncomfortable but not as bad as I thought

I would say uncomfortable but not painful. My MW was quite vigerous and there was quite a lot of blood and stuff. I was 2-3 cms dilated when I had it with bulging waters. I had waves of pain after but not contractions. They went off and I went into labour naturally 2 days later. I've heard that 2 days is a normal amount of time to wait for a sweep to work.

Hope this helps. x

I have my sweep on Friday and Im really hoping its the same day or Saturday for the LO to arrive. I know it sounds selfish but don't want LO to arrive on Sunday as its the MIL's birthday!!! I want them to have their own birthday

I think it depends on how many cm's you are and how ready your body is, good luck

I had an unfavourable cervix and not dilated at all when I had my sweep. It therefore was incredibly painful (and I bled for a good 12 hours after) didn't send me into labour either unfortunately. From what other people have said though, I think I was an unlucky one with the pain thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->