Symptom Spotters Unite!

Is it possible to notice symptoms pretty much at conception (a week or so after at the latest)? I DID have heat exhaustion the 2nd of August but I've also been nauseous since and since about Friday I've I'd breast tenderness. Thoughts?

Me too!! I've been nauseous from what feels like (or could be) conception, I am afraid I'm making it up in my head, especially since I had heat exhaustion Aug 2nd. But it should have stopped by now right? And I've had breast tenderness since Friday. Do you really think symptoms can show this early?

Hi Schneider! I have not had a BFP yet-- so I'm not a very good reference point on this subject! However, from lots of reading online and on these archives, it seems to vary from woman to woman. Some people shown symptoms (breast tenderness, morning sickness) shortly after implantation while for many others the missing period is the first sign of a pregnancy!

I tend to "symptom spot", which isn't always the best thing because thus far I've always been wrong! It's just fun to look for the little signs that this could possibly be the month! I would say that heat exhaustion nausea wouldn't last that long after the episode? So there could be a possibility of another reason for it! How far are you past ovulation?

To be honest I don't know, my hubby and I just decided to start trying (I have been under the impression that it would be hard for me to conceive) so once we decided to start I had one day of starting my BBT chart when symptoms started to occur. Since then they've been consistent. I was on DEPO for 4 years then off for 3 (7 years total with no period) then I started Metformin (a known fertility drug, also used for PCOS) and have since started having a period every season or so. I have no idea how often I ovulate or what, but I would be excited if I was, especially since I was dreading the possibility of not having children, but then again I feel like it's all in my head because I want it so bad!! This TWW is killing me, I have a Dr appt the 18th, I've already requested a blood test at the visit, waiting is killing me! But the more I try and say it's in my head the more I think I really am!

I completely understand where you're coming from!!! I was on the pill for 12 years, and have only been off about 3 months. My cycle seemed to normalize by the second month off. I too was afraid that I would have a hard time getting pregnant, I guess I still am a little afraid of that thought! The past two months being off, i felt so "sure" that I was pregnant!! I didn't have any overwhelming symptoms that made me feel that way, but I just really thought it was going to happen! This month I don't feel that way so much :( But I'm not giving up hope. I am 9 DPO and should start my period on the 14th, so I still have a few more days of waiting. So anxious!

Is this your first time TTC too? Do you have children? Are you feeling any symptoms??

This is my first time TTC! I do not have any children yet.

Last month, I had some spotting around a week before my cycle was due, which I thought was possibly implantation bleeding. That made me feel like I was surely pregnant! However, after spotting on/off for a couple days I then started my period about 3 days early. It was very disappointing.

This month, I have not had any spotting yet! Which I'm seeing as a plus! Last month this was the point that I started spotting, a couple days before AF was due. I have been very fatigued, and even took a 3 hour nap one afternoon, which is not in the norm for me! I have moments when I think I may be feeling nausea, but I also think that's probably just in my mind. The only other notable symptoms would be that a few days ago I had a heavy, pressure like feeling in my cervix. It was strange, unlike anything I've experienced before. Not sure what that means, if anything at all.

Overall, I don't have any signs or symptoms this month that have made me think "OH! Maybe I'm pregnant!". Which is a little disappointing, but I keep reminding myself that its totally normal for the missed period to be the first sign and that there's still hope!

The heavy pressure, was it like a tug? or a rippling tug? I've been feeling that lately and I never have before. For you AF is supposed to show the 14th you said? And I have a blood test the 18th, so we'll both know shortly. Though that shortly seems like an eternity!!!

It was a really strange sensation, very hard to describe!! I guess a tug would be accurate? It was just like a pressure and heaviness similar to when (TMI) you have a tampon in & it's time to change and there's a weight to it down there?! It was really out of the ordinary!!! It happened at first at probably 2-3 days DPO. Only lasted several hours. Then it happened again a couple days ago about 7DPO, and again only lasted up to a day. What is yours like?? Perhaps it means something for the both of us!?!?

Yes I should start on the 14th so we will be just a couple days apart from knowing!!! I can't wait to find out!! Will you get blood test results same day or day after?

A tugging sensation is the only way I can describe it. I hate the feel of tampons, so I can't relate to that, but kind of (and this is a weird comparison I know, sorry) like a fish on the end of a lure when it first tries to pull away, like a small tug, tug, not lasting very long, but lasting about 5-10 mins every 3-4 hours for about a day. Accompanied by something similar to cramps, but more like a steady pressure, not a sporadical one. Does that make any sense?

I have no idea if I'll get the results the same day or not, I sure hope so, I think waiting another night would kill me!

hi ladies..

I am 5 dpo, I guess almost 6 dpo.

I am ttc my second baby. With my daughter, I had no idea I was pregnant...I was super sleepy, had sore boobs, and a runny nose, but I didnt connect the dots. I found out I was pregnant because I was bored and took an internet cheapie to procastinate from studying for the bar exam, which was only 3 weeks away at the time lol. Imagine my shock when I saw 2 lines. I literally had a heart attack.

From my previous time of ttc, I remember that with my two losses, I just knew I was pregnant and wound up right. I had really sore boobs and brown discharge at times when it wasnt normal for me.

This time around, I FEEL pregnant. I feel leaky like I did with my daughter, weird pulling and twinges in my tummy, sleepy (though I am still breastfeeding and that causes lots of exhaustion for me still even tho my daughter is 17 months old), I feel a weird kind of nauseous.

So I feel it. But then I also fear I am making it all up in my head, because how can I have these symptoms before implantation/hcg?

I'm 6dpo today and have a few symptoms that may or may not be related. It's probably all in my head. I have felt the tugging or heavy feeling you ladies are talking about at 3-4 dpo. Lots of cramping 1-4dpo. Today I've had some breast soreness but on the sides, more under my armpit. Headaches on and off and mild cramping. That's it. I hope it's a good sign but I have a feeling this isn't my month.

hi ladies..

I am 5 dpo, I guess almost 6 dpo.

I am ttc my second baby. With my daughter, I had no idea I was pregnant...I was super sleepy, had sore boobs, and a runny nose, but I didnt connect the dots. I found out I was pregnant because I was bored and took an internet cheapie to procastinate from studying for the bar exam, which was only 3 weeks away at the time lol. Imagine my shock when I saw 2 lines. I literally had a heart attack.

From my previous time of ttc, I remember that with my two losses, I just knew I was pregnant and wound up right. I had really sore boobs and brown discharge at times when it wasnt normal for me.

This time around, I FEEL pregnant. I feel leaky like I did with my daughter, weird pulling and twinges in my tummy, sleepy (though I am still breastfeeding and that causes lots of exhaustion for me still even tho my daughter is 17 months old), I feel a weird kind of nauseous.

So I feel it. But then I also fear I am making it all up in my head, because how can I have these symptoms before implantation/hcg?

Theres definitely something to be said for a woman's intuition!! Keep us posted over the next few days for you! You know your body & since you've had multiple pregnancies I would say you would be more familiar with your very beginning feelings and differences from the norm. Goodluck!

I'm 6dpo today and have a few symptoms that may or may not be related. It's probably all in my head. I have felt the tugging or heavy feeling you ladies are talking about at 3-4 dpo. Lots of cramping 1-4dpo. Today I've had some breast soreness but on the sides, more under my armpit. Headaches on and off and mild cramping. That's it. I hope it's a good sign but I have a feeling this isn't my month.

Hello! I have been having the same feeling as you as far as feeling like this isn't my month. This is only the 3rd month off the pill for me, but the past two months I felt so sure that I was pregnant. But I wasnt. This month it feels just the opposite. However, the fact that three of us have this strange sensation makes me feel hopeful! Maybe it means something after all?!

A tugging sensation is the only way I can describe it. I hate the feel of tampons, so I can't relate to that, but kind of (and this is a weird comparison I know, sorry) like a fish on the end of a lure when it first tries to pull away, like a small tug, tug, not lasting very long, but lasting about 5-10 mins every 3-4 hours for about a day. Accompanied by something similar to cramps, but more like a steady pressure, not a sporadical one. Does that make any sense?

I have no idea if I'll get the results the same day or not, I sure hope so, I think waiting another night would kill me!

That sounds very familiar to what I've experienced!! And now a 3rd person says they have experienced something very similar also!!! That makes me feel so hopeful!!? Maybe it means something and this will be our month!

I hope you will find out the same day!!! That wait would kill me too!!

Well ladies I am now 10 DPO!!! I woke up this morning with the smallest amount of tenderness to my nipples, so we'll see how that progresses! Also, this is now the 3rd day in a row that I have had sneezing/coughing/runny nose cold symptoms!!! I waited before I really counted it as meaning anything because I thought I may be making it all up in my head... :winkwink: But I believe it's real and here to stay! Why do people even count that as a possible early symptom though??? I really am not sure? How are you all feeling this morning! I believe most of us in this thread are starting to near the end of our TWW! If any of you start testing please keep us posted!!! Goodluck ladies!:hugs:

Well ladies I am now 10 DPO!!! I woke up this morning with the smallest amount of tenderness to my nipples, so we'll see how that progresses! Also, this is now the 3rd day in a row that I have had sneezing/coughing/runny nose cold symptoms!!! I waited before I really counted it as meaning anything because I thought I may be making it all up in my head... :winkwink: But I believe it's real and here to stay! Why do people even count that as a possible early symptom though??? I really am not sure? How are you all feeling this morning! I believe most of us in this thread are starting to near the end of our TWW! If any of you start testing please keep us posted!!! Goodluck ladies!:hugs:

I believe a cold is a symptom because your immune system takes a nose dive when you conceive. This is to make sure your body doesn't "reject" the baby thinking it is a foreign substance. This leaves you more susceptible to colds :) Def a good sign!

AFM I had a bit of ewcm yesterday so I got worried that I didn't O before but it was only once then turned to creamy for the rest of the day and checked my cervix and it was extremely firm so I think I can safely assume I am 6dpo! :)

I believe a cold is a symptom because your immune system takes a nose dive when you conceive. This is to make sure your body doesn't "reject" the baby thinking it is a foreign substance. This leaves you more susceptible to colds :) Def a good sign!

AFM I had a bit of ewcm yesterday so I got worried that I didn't O before but it was only once then turned to creamy for the rest of the day and checked my cervix and it was extremely firm so I think I can safely assume I am 6dpo! :)

Thank you for clearing that up for me!! That makes perfect sense!!! I'm hoping it does mean something because summer colds are totally out of the norm for me. I usually only get them in the winter/spring seasons!

That is great news!! If I'm being totally honest I'm not very knowledgable about checking the cervix at all, but I know that the creamy CM is a good sign! This is my first go of things so I guess I haven't gotten in to a lot of the usual ways to check on things! Keep us posted on how you progress! :)

Thank you for clearing that up for me!! That makes perfect sense!!! I'm hoping it does mean something because summer colds are totally out of the norm for me. I usually only get them in the winter/spring seasons!

That is great news!! If I'm being totally honest I'm not very knowledgable about checking the cervix at all, but I know that the creamy CM is a good sign! This is my first go of things so I guess I haven't gotten in to a lot of the usual ways to check on things! Keep us posted on how you progress! :)

Cervix should be soft and open when you O to allow the semen to get to the egg. I only check it every once in awhile as last month I tried every day and got very confused haha. But if I was going to O yesterday it wouldn't have been so firm. Really hoping this egg sticks!! Hopefully we will be getting some implantation symptoms soon! :)

LAAR1210, one of my symptoms for my daughter was runny/stuffy nose. and it was mid July lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->