Syria

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen?

I feel so sorry for the citizens there. It's heartbreaking to watch.

They announced the date, time & areas they're going to bomb, it's like telling Al Asad clearly to evacuate the areas before bombing!

White House press secretary Jay Carney repeated Tuesday that the White House isn't considering the deliberate overthrow of Assad.

"The options that we are considering are not about regime change," said during a daily briefing with reporters. "They are about responding to the clear violation of an international standard that prohibits the use of chemical weapons."

He used chemical weapons to kill the citizens, USA will use measles to kill more citizens. It's screams BS.

They announced the date, time & areas they're going to bomb, it's like telling Al Asad clearly to evacuate the areas before bombing!

White House press secretary Jay Carney repeated Tuesday that the White House isn't considering the deliberate overthrow of Assad.

"The options that we are considering are not about regime change," said during a daily briefing with reporters. "They are about responding to the clear violation of an international standard that prohibits the use of chemical weapons."

He used chemical weapons to kill the citizens, USA will use measles to kill more citizens. It's screams BS.

What a chilling quote :nope:

I'm disappointed in the result of the commons vote, I stand by intervention, however, I think David Cameron did the right thing taking it to a vote and for standing by it, why people are claiming he is weak and it is an "embarassment" when he has clearly demonstrated how a democratic government works I don't know, you can't bloody win in this country!

Intervention wont help. Fighting is going to happen for decades until they readjust their power. Whether the us steps in, or not, or even if Assad is killed, there will be a power struggle. Its so sad to see innocent children dying. I just cannot imagine.

So distressing to watch the images.

What happens after the military go in? I can't see there ever being democracy over there, these countries always end up with corrup governments, how can we police it forever?
We should go in to help them, the footages of children are more than enough evidence for me to want us to ,but long term??.. It'll be no different to any other country we've tried to help.

I absolutely agree that Syria needs help. But i am damn tired of the US and UK "look at how powerful we are" response and how incapable we seem of not using violence to solve world issues.
I am glad that Parliament voted no, i really think it was the shock Cameron needed to show him how detached his is from the public, i only hope Obama tries to find another way. We just have to look at Iraq and Afghanistan to see our methods don't work.

The majority of American people do not want this. Enough is enough already. WE ARE NOT THE WORLDS POLICE... I am in no way a political person, but I will travel to Washington ( About 3 hours) if I have to and I will protest... This is why we are hated around the world, it's the government not the American people. God, we want peace now.. :nope::nope:

Forgot to add our economy is just starting to get better, this is the last thing we need and the world needs. It's fuckin ridiculous now.. It is really bothering me...

Forgot to add our economy is just starting to get better, this is the last thing we need and the world needs. It's fuckin ridiculous now.. It is really bothering me...

Some of our news reports are suggesting our refusal to join and Russia's comments about how unwise a move it would be are making Obama question his original reaction. I really really hope thats true!

Some of our news reports are suggesting our refusal to join and Russia's comments about how unwise a move it would be are making Obama question his original reaction. I really really hope thats true!

I pray it's true. It's just got to stop now.. OMG

This is just horrible for the innocents caught up in this, I find war extremely upsetting in general.

I was both surprised and pleased to see the outcome of the UK vote, just hope we don't get somehow drawn into it, I have a bad feeling we will.

Seems like the US (BTW when I say 'the US' I am fully aware the majority of the population are against this action, I refer to those pulling the strings) is hellbent on going on despite conflicting info on who actually did this. I suspect the reason for wanting to go in has less to do with the attack in question and more to do with US interests IYKWIM. You have to ask why the west haven't intervened in the sickening acts of genocide committed in several other countries in recent history?

Even if it is as they make out and they really are doing this for 'the right reason' how is blowing hell out of Syria going to help? We all know from past events such as the Iraq war that is civillians who will pay the ultimate price here.

And how hypocrytical of the US who throughout history has been apparently justified in its use of chemical weapons and whatever else they like at will without fear of reprisal.

Gosh sorry went on a bit of a rant there!

It is heartbreaking to see what is going on. And I'm generally not against military intervention against a harsh regime, but in this situation I absolutely cannot see what military action will achieve other than killing more people.

If a leader is willing to kill his own people on a massive scale, why would he care if there were an attack from the western world? Sure those attacks can be directed at military bases but all that would happen is innocents will be placed nearby as a human shield.

To intervene in this case will be to side with the rebels and we don't know who they are or what they will do. And we will never know for sure which side released chemical weapons.

To go in without a clear plan, without trying to stabilise the country, to fire a warning shot, is not the right thing to do in this situation.

And I totally agree that Cameron couldn't win this one. It's like whenever there is an outcry about policy and the government reacts and changes is. Surely in a democratic country, listening to the will of the people is a good thing?

There wont be any of our soldiers on Syrian soil, this is about the strikes on Syria. Congress is split over this some say yes and some no. It is getting me sick. They are saying they have overwhelming proof taken from soil and blood in Syria that Assad has used chemical weapons on his own people. I feel horrible for the people , they say Assad broke international law and has to punished by taken out his arsenal of weapons. What are our bombs going to do? Is it going to take him from power, no . Is it going to change the fact that this civil war will still take it's course, no.

It was made clear our men will not enter Syria. I love my country and I am proud to be an American, but I don't agree with the government on some issues and this is one ..

And the rebels the ones fighting against Assad, A majority of them are extremists and belong to Al-Qaeda :wacko: how the fuck does it makes sense to aid them with weapons?????????? Hello, they killed 3000 people on American soil, my family .. I don't think they are going to do that, but I feel the strikes on Syria will take place.

Osama BinLaden was once "Our Friend" and was supplied by the US with weapons to fight against the Russians in Afghanistan ...Umm how did that turn out..

I feel bad for the Syrian people and yes I do believe Assad used these weapons but we can't keep doing this, nobody wants this, when the world trade center tragedy happened , yes we wanted them to be punished, I will admit I wanted it to.
'But enough is enough now. I hope congress decides on an overwhelming NO.. I still think the president can still proceed , not sure if he can , like I said I am not politically knowledgeable .. I am just sick over this :nope::nope::nope::nope:

Are you really sure it was Assad who used chemical weapons? The UN inspectors can only confirm what and where, not whom.

Is it really beyond comprehension that the rebels could launch a chemical attack with the purpose of enticing the rest of the world in to a conflict. From a strategic military point of view, who has most to gain from using chemical weapons? Assad might be a maniac, but he isn't an idiot. He would know what the wider ramifications of gassing his own people are. Would he really use them as a means of suppression knowing it is the one thing that will bring in the big guns, if for years he could get away with killing his own people using more conventional weapons.

And it also makes me laugh that thousands more people have dies in atrocious attacks by Assad over the past few years but this one attack is what we all feel is terrible?

Are you really sure it was Assad who used chemical weapons? The UN inspectors can only confirm what and where, not whom.

Is it really beyond comprehension that the rebels could launch a chemical attack with the purpose of enticing the rest of the world in to a conflict. From a strategic military point of view, who has most to gain from using chemical weapons? Assad might be a maniac, but he isn't an idiot. He would know what the wider ramifications of gassing his own people are. Would he really use them as a means of suppression knowing it is the one thing that will bring in the big guns, if for years he could get away with killing his own people using more conventional weapons.

And it also makes me laugh that thousands more people have dies in atrocious attacks by Assad over the past few years but this one attack is what we all feel is terrible?

No I feel bad for any person or people who have suffered in anyway, this is just the one topic we are talking about. I do believe he did in fact use Sarin gas on his people , could the rebels also have yes I wouldn't rule that out. I don't pick and choose who I feel bad for , I feel horrible for all people all over who suffer, I am not into politics, I know Assad is a bad man and yes he should be removed from power but not by us.. As u said more people have died by atrocious attacks by Assad so I really do believe he used this gas on his own people.. But I don't believe it is our responsibility to intervene, it has to stop.

sorry by "we" I wasn't meaning anyone here, I was really talking about the responses from all the Governments. They've sat back and watched but they are trying to make out that the events of last week are what we all should be horrified by. I've been horrified by what they've been doing since it started.

I think we can intervene. I just don't think cruise missiles is the way to do it. We should be providing humanitarian help to those displaced, we should be using sanctions of a non military type to bring him down. We should be talking with both sides to bring them to their senses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->