Syria

Wow, just...wow. BabyMamma93, you could be the poster girl for UKip. Where do you get your 'facts' and figures from? I'm pretty sure you'll find that due to centuries of immigration, a lot of us are 'foreigners' in our 'own' country. I know I am, would you like to send me back?

Agreed 100% the 'housing' they get is a detention centre. Where are you getting your facts from babymama93?

You'd think she was Hitler himself the way people are going on at her. She expressed concern and had reservations about the situation.
Hardly makes her racist of the year?! She didn't say they all deserve to sink on boats or get blown up did she?

Well done, you're all absolute saints for having such open arms, we'll just ignore the borderline bullying shall we? What's a bit of bullying as long as it's not racially motivated.

And this is from someone who thinks our government should be taking in more refugees.

I don't think there has been any bullying? BabyMamma has expressed some views that she has based on questionable research, and we are asking her where it has come from. I do find her views disturbing, but I don't see it as bullying to question her about it.

People saying 'help our own' have you personally tried to help? No?

It's just such a bullshit retort. Charitable people are charitable people, they tend not to go around dictating where their charity should go to specifically. I've found, through facebook particularly, the same people saying "charity begins at home" are the exact same people who refuse to give to the homeless, accusing them of being "druggies" and alcoholics.

I don't think there has been any bullying? BabyMamma has expressed some views that she has based on questionable research, and we are asking her where it has come from. I do find her views disturbing, but I don't see it as bullying to question her about it.

The "you could be a poster girl for ukip" is completely unnecessary.

Granted, that was maybe out of order. But it's not a stretch to say that the views she expressed align with the far right views of parties like UKip. And I do think it's necessary to ask how she came to the conclusion that giving asylum to refugees means opening our borders to murderers and rapists. But you're right, there was no need to resort to name calling and for that I apologise.

Wow, just...wow. BabyMamma93, you could be the poster girl for UKip. Where do you get your 'facts' and figures from? I'm pretty sure you'll find that due to centuries of immigration, a lot of us are 'foreigners' in our 'own' country. I know I am, would you like to send me back?

Agreed 100% the 'housing' they get is a detention centre. Where are you getting your facts from babymama93?

You'd think she was Hitler himself the way people are going on at her. She expressed concern and had reservations about the situation.
Hardly makes her racist of the year?! She didn't say they all deserve to sink on boats or get blown up did she?

Well done, you're all absolute saints for having such open arms, we'll just ignore the borderline bullying shall we? What's a bit of bullying as long as it's not racially motivated.

And this is from someone who thinks our government should be taking in more refugees.

Because we believe we should welcome them with open arms doesn't mean that we are claiming to be saints. Nor does it mean we can not question her. I don't see how it's bullying to do so?

On a different note; what are our thoughts about 20,000 over five years. Personally I think that's ridiculous, it's a tiny amount and they need help now not in five years!

i just dont believe that all the refugees are innocent thats all, i think we could be opening our gates for a whole lot of sh*t.. then what? when we are all foreigners in our own country? when our elderly cant be homes because there is no houses left, yet people who come from a different country can be homed in weeks, and yes, i do know this for sure, i do know that people can come from Pakistan and get as council house almost instantly, yet i know people who are living in damp infested homes with kids and they have been waiting for a council house for years.
i know you cant portray a whole lot of people by hearing just 2 peoples story, i dont look at a persons race and judge them because of what someone of the same race did but im pretty sure we have more problems involving foreign people than our own, on a crime site, if you scroll down the page, most if not all are of a different race, that have come from a different country, they are raping, abusing, beating and killing people of a different race to them, but thats okay, put them in our prisons costing US money and let more in, why not??

what i say isnt going to change anything, we will all soon see when our country goes to pot because well, it wont be our country for much longer

I don't understand why you are using this (in bold^) as an example to back up your opinion.

This crisis has absolutely NOTHING to do with a Pakistani immigrant getting a council house for goodness sake.

On a different note; what are our thoughts about 20,000 over five years. Personally I think that's ridiculous, it's a tiny amount and they need help now not in five years!

5 years is an awful long time.

I guess it's better than the 200 odd we have taken so far :wacko: but I think it should be more like 100,000 right now. In the latest yougov poll 11% of people said they would open their spare rooms to refugees. Even if a fraction of that number followed through with their promise we can take 100,000 easily without even having a dent on the housing supply.

I apologise wholeheartedly if anything I've said has caused upset or been construed as bullying, but I think some of the reaction has been understandable. To come on to such an emotive topic and start making wild and unfounded claims about "foreign people" is incredibly offensive. It should also be noted that BnB is international - non-British people can and do use this site.

People's ignorance in this country makes me CRINGE and shows me just how short our educational system is falling.

My main gripe is this outrage some people have that refugees are travelling through many countries to get to the UK like this somehow makes them greedy and selfish. If my family and I were escaping a war torn impoverished country I sure as hell would be looking ahead as to where I think we could have the best life, I would be looking for well developed countries with social assistance and good health care, that screams DUH to me, of course the UK seems a good location, are people so unempathic and emotionally devoid they can't understand why somebody wants the best for their loved ones? This isn't a national crisis, this is a humanity crisis, we need to think beyond our man man borders and remember we are all humans, stop taking this so personally and selfishly thinking only how this would affect you and just think what if the shoe was on the other foot? I'm not saying we should open the gates for everyone, I don't know the answer, but this tactic of victim blaming is downright shameful and inhumane.

It's seriously frustrating that you see so much social housing boarded up and left to rot when they could be put to good use.

For those expressing misgivings about letting the refugees in, what would you like to see happen? Like I totally get the whole potentially inviting terrorism into our backyard mentality, I do. Its scary.

But really, what is your solution? Just say "No. No refugees. Some of them could be terrorists." Screen them somehow? I dunno, it just seems so crazy to me. Maybe because I'm too used to things over here, where there are so many "terror" attacks done by the native citizens of the country. :shrug:

Just because someone is a refugee doesn't mean they're a terrorist. Do you really think that the government would just let everyone in and then turn a blind eye? Chances are they're going to have tabs kept on them.

Just because someone is a citizen born and bred doesn't mean they're NOT a terrorist.

Meet The US Citizens Charged with Trying to Join and Help ISIS

Jus' sayin'. :nope:

I do think terrorism is a valid fear. But let's not forget the terrorists who walk by us each day if we're going to tar and feather refugees. :shrug:

Hanni thanks for your comment, i did not feel bullied by any response because we all have our opinions, it just so happens i dont agree with most of them, im in no way racist, i have foreign family members, friends and i currently work for a guy who is from India.
i dont think we should deport anyone whos 'not white' or born in Britain with British roots, i never said that, and when i used the housing as an example i did that because it seems we have elderly people struggling in their homes, people who cant afford to rent their homes and we have people living on streets but its not them granted emergency housing, its people who are coming over to live here who are moving into our newly built homes.

im not saying we should let them all suffer and die, im just saying it could be a potentially dangerous thing to let them in when we dont know what their intentions are, not all of them will be wanting to flee war, that guy on TV wasnt fleeing war he was just using it as a excuse to go live with his brother!
its fine that you all hate me for my opinions, i dont mind, im not going to think differently because i have a nasty reply to my post.

you ask where i get my figures from? im not aware i used any figures? just saying the things that could happen if we open up our gates for them, and if we dont help them into our contry no i dont know what we should do make a island habitable for them or something.

i heard anyway (dont quote me on it) that the war is over now?

i know you cant portray a whole lot of people by hearing just 2 peoples story, i dont look at a persons race and judge them because of what someone of the same race did but im pretty sure we have more problems involving foreign people than our own, on a crime site, if you scroll down the page, most if not all are of a different race, that have come from a different country, they are raping, abusing, beating and killing people of a different race to them, but thats okay, put them in our prisons costing US money and let more in, why not??

what i say isnt going to change anything, we will all soon see when our country goes to pot because well, it wont be our country for much longer

The bit in bold, what crime site is this? You are asserting that we don't know what people's intentions are, but I'd like to understand why you think the worst? You seem to assume that given half a chance, the refugees are going to come here, rape and pillage, steal jobs and benefits from those you see as more deserving and basically cripple the country. For someone to make claims like this, yes, I do think it is reasonable to ask where you are getting your facts from.

The bit in bold, what crime site is this? You are asserting that we don't know what people's intentions are, but I'd like to understand why you think the worst? You seem to assume that given half a chance, the refugees are going to come here, rape and pillage, steal jobs and benefits from those you see as more deserving and basically cripple the country. For someone to make claims like this, yes, I do think it is reasonable to ask where you are getting your facts from.

its a FB site run by police. i think the worst because if we all had thoughts of unicorns and rainbows we would have a hell of alot of thunderstorms dont you think? i think the worst because the worst could possibly happen, what id like to know is why is no one else thinking of the worst?
i never said anyone is more deserving of anything, but now you mention it yes i do think elderly people, or people with families who are looking for a home are more important to people who dont live in our country. and i also never said it was unreasonable to ask where i got my 'facts' from im just saying i didnt realise i said any 'facts' just my opinions thats all

Let's just stop babies being born in Britain, we couldn't possibly know what their intentions are, they could grow up to be murderers, rapists or even tax avoiders. To me limiting immigration and asylum seekers because SOME people *could* be bad makes as much sense as this.

its a FB site run by police. i think the worst because if we all had thoughts of unicorns and rainbows we would have a hell of alot of thunderstorms dont you think? i think the worst because the worst could possibly happen, what id like to know is why is no one else thinking of the worst?
i never said anyone is more deserving of anything, but now you mention it yes i do think elderly people, or people with families who are looking for a home are more important to people who dont live in our country. and i also never said it was unreasonable to ask where i got my 'facts' from im just saying i didnt realise i said any 'facts' just my opinions thats all

While I do not agree with everything you have posted, you do have a right to post it and your opinion.. Once there is a debate and the person is attacked personally it stops being a debate.. I do feel you are being bullied a bit and I do see sarcastic remarks and it isn't right.. Thats just my opinion though... :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->