Syria

i know you cant portray a whole lot of people by hearing just 2 peoples story, i dont look at a persons race and judge them because of what someone of the same race did but im pretty sure we have more problems involving foreign people than our own, on a crime site, if you scroll down the page, most if not all are of a different race, that have come from a different country, they are raping, abusing, beating and killing people of a different race to them, but thats okay, put them in our prisons costing US money and let more in, why not??

what i say isnt going to change anything, we will all soon see when our country goes to pot because well, it wont be our country for much longer

The bit in bold, what crime site is this? You are asserting that we don't know what people's intentions are, but I'd like to understand why you think the worst? You seem to assume that given half a chance, the refugees are going to come here, rape and pillage, steal jobs and benefits from those you see as more deserving and basically cripple the country. For someone to make claims like this, yes, I do think it is reasonable to ask where you are getting your facts from.

its a FB site run by police. i think the worst because if we all had thoughts of unicorns and rainbows we would have a hell of alot of thunderstorms dont you think? i think the worst because the worst could possibly happen, what id like to know is why is no one else thinking of the worst?
i never said anyone is more deserving of anything, but now you mention it yes i do think elderly people, or people with families who are looking for a home are more important to people who dont live in our country. and i also never said it was unreasonable to ask where i got my 'facts' from im just saying i didnt realise i said any 'facts' just my opinions thats all

Do you have a link? I think it's a shame that your first instinct is to assume that these people will have a negative effect on your life and the lives of those around you. I by no means live in a world of 'unicorns and rainbows', but I would like to think that I live in a world that would want to do all it could to prevent more innocent people, especially children, dying horrible, needless deaths. I do hope you don't feel 'got at' in this debate, I am genuinely curious about how you have come to hold the views you hold.

Let's just stop babies being born in Britain, we couldn't possibly know what their intentions are, they could grow up to be murderers, rapists or even tax avoiders. To me limiting immigration and asylum seekers because SOME people *could* be bad makes as much sense as this.

I have to agree, and assume that the reason some people (not singling anyone out, by the way) feel that the refugees could be terrorists, murderers etc. is because they happen to come from the same country as those who have committed these crimes. I was born in the same country that produced Peter Sutcliffe, but I would hope that no one would assume I would go out and commit mass murder just because he did. It feels like guilt by association.

I've seen a couple of people post this on FB this morning and I think this article portrays a particularly powerful message, albeit tongue in cheek:
https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news...le-who-would-never-help-anyone-20150907101741

Particularly this paragraph:
“These refugees may be fellow members of the human race but that is not enough reason to help them. What matters is not a person’s level of desperation but their geographical proximity to your sofa.”

I watched something on TV the other night about all this, i dont remember what it was called, but a woman was in Calais and she was saying how cruel we are for not letting them in 'germany and other countries are letting us in' when asked why they dont go there they answered 'because London is better, and easier to live' it then showed a guy who had snuck into a truck to get here, they then interviewed him in London, he was well impressed and couldnt wait to see what he can claim. yet its not about the money? im sorry but i just disagree with alot of you and it may make me selfish or whatever but thats just my views on it.

And no i wouldnt let a refugee in my home, but i also wouldnt let a homeless guy i seen in town in my house too. why? because i would not risk the safety of mine and my childs life. we come first im affraid

This programme you watched, did it ever cross your mind to wonder how the TV crews followed a guy in Calais and just so happened to meet up with him back in the UK? Please don't believe everything the media give you, I have just watched that same programme and it is clear to anyone that was a set up situation and not a true representation of the facts.

On a different note; what are our thoughts about 20,000 over five years. Personally I think that's ridiculous, it's a tiny amount and they need help now not in five years!

The true amount we receive will be more than 20000. The migrants who have been accepted by other European countries, once they have received they passports will be free to settle in whatever European country they desire. Namely Germany and the UK - which is where jobs are.

On a different note; what are our thoughts about 20,000 over five years. Personally I think that's ridiculous, it's a tiny amount and they need help now not in five years!

The true amount we receive will be more than 20000. The migrants who have been accepted by other European countries, once they have received they passports will be free to settle in whatever European country they desire. Namely Germany and the UK - which is where jobs are.

20,000 is nothing.

This brought tears to my eyes! How can someone be so evil?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...erawoman-sacked-filmed-tripping-migrants.html

You do realise it takes 8 years before a refugee gets can apply for naturalisation in Germany? Why on earth would the majority of people settle for for 8 years, learn the language, culture, then decide that they are going to move to the UK when life is comparable in both countries?

ETA - I'm unaware of any country in Europe which will offer a passport within the first 5 years. Germany has already accepted several hundred thousand refugees.

You do realise it takes 8 years before a refugee gets can apply for naturalisation in Germany? Why on earth would the majority of people settle for for 8 years, learn the language, culture, then decide that they are going to move to the UK when life is comparable in both countries?

ETA - I'm unaware of any country in Europe which will offer a passport within the first 5 years. Germany has already accepted several hundred thousand refugees.

I don't understand your point. Germany is one of the 2 "promised" lands I speak about - your right, they will probably stay there.

I've just looked at various European countries and they all have similar rules of five years plus for long term resident and then even longer for citizenship, most have stipulations of having to support yourself etc. so scratch Germany for other country's names and ask why would you move when you will have q job, be settled etc. Yes some will but the vast majority will of had a massive, traumatic move now and will spend years learning the language, adapting their education and trades to local ones and then do it all again in five, eight or ten years?

I found this pretty interesting, even though the topic is clearly about refugees some members keep referring back to immigrants.

The British immigrant population % is surprisingly low in comparison to lots of countries, and yet it seems a vast majority of Brits are the best at complaining. Don't really hear the other countries, do you?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_immigrant_population

I've just looked at various European countries and they all have similar rules of five years plus for long term resident and then even longer for citizenship, most have stipulations of having to support yourself etc. so scratch Germany for other country's names and ask why would you move when you will have q job, be settled etc. Yes some will but the vast majority will of had a massive, traumatic move now and will spend years learning the language, adapting their education and trades to local ones and then do it all again in five, eight or ten years?

I spose its just a waiting game to find out what will happen. I hope you are right - worse case, give it 20 years and we all be buying boats to get to Syria which will be "empty" by that point.

OR - and it's a radical idea I know - we could just live alongside these people and get on with our lives as normal.

I found this pretty interesting, even though the topic is clearly about refugees some members keep referring back to immigrants.

The British immigrant population % is surprisingly low in comparison to lots of countries, and yet it seems a vast majority of Brits are the best at complaining. Don't really hear the other countries, do you?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_immigrant_population

And we'd be the first to complain if we weren't allowed to migrate any where :shrug:

i just dont believe that all the refugees are innocent thats all, i think we could be opening our gates for a whole lot of sh*t.. then what? when we are all foreigners in our own country? when our elderly cant be homes because there is no houses left, yet people who come from a different country can be homed in weeks, and yes, i do know this for sure, i do know that people can come from Pakistan and get as council house almost instantly, yet i know people who are living in damp infested homes with kids and they have been waiting for a council house for years.
i know you cant portray a whole lot of people by hearing just 2 peoples story, i dont look at a persons race and judge them because of what someone of the same race did but im pretty sure we have more problems involving foreign people than our own, on a crime site, if you scroll down the page, most if not all are of a different race, that have come from a different country, they are raping, abusing, beating and killing people of a different race to them, but thats okay, put them in our prisons costing US money and let more in, why not??

what i say isnt going to change anything, we will all soon see when our country goes to pot because well, it wont be our country for much longer

Please please please don't believe the proper-gander, the media does very well at brainwashing us to believe all the things you have written above, but the reality is so far from that.
We are all people, nothing but water separates us and the mere fact that we are born somewhere should not mean that we deserve to live in luxury whilst others die. The reality is we can all afford our TV, phone and internet subscriptions, we all have luxury's that we just see as the norm now yet we are led to believe by the media that people living in council houses, on benefits etc are taking something from us.
Even those you mention above as 'living in damp infested homes' is way more than the refugees have or are even expecting, they simply want to live.
When we have so much ourselves how can we begrudge others such basic necessities?
Please, next time you open a paper or read a blog just take an open mind and really think about what you are taking in, we are all just people in the end no matter where we were born.

i just dont believe that all the refugees are innocent thats all, i think we could be opening our gates for a whole lot of sh*t.. then what? when we are all foreigners in our own country? when our elderly cant be homes because there is no houses left, yet people who come from a different country can be homed in weeks, and yes, i do know this for sure, i do know that people can come from Pakistan and get as council house almost instantly, yet i know people who are living in damp infested homes with kids and they have been waiting for a council house for years.

Please please please don't believe the proper-gander, the media does very well at brainwashing us to believe all the things you have written above, but the reality is so far from that.
We are all people, nothing but water separates us and the mere fact that we are born somewhere should not mean that we deserve to live in luxury whilst others die. The reality is we can all afford our TV, phone and internet subscriptions, we all have luxury's that we just see as the norm now yet we are led to believe by the media that people living in council houses, on benefits etc are taking something from us.
Even those you mention above as 'living in damp infested homes' is way more than the refugees have or are even expecting, they simply want to live.
When we have so much ourselves how can we begrudge others such basic necessities?
Please, next time you open a paper or read a blog just take an open mind and really think about what you are taking in, we are all just people in the end no matter where we were born.

im not saying anyone is more deserving of anything, but in all honesty, and ill probably get it in the neck for this. i do think we are more deserving of the newly built houses or the empty houses, they werent built so that people from other countries could come and take them all up. im not saying we are worse off than them in our damp houses, im just saying we are housing people who have done nothing for our country before the people who have, or have atleast lived here for longer than a day.
what about the pictures of all the men stood with their smart phones in hand? or is that another media brain wash?
i really do have all the sympathy for these people, i honestly do. but im just not convinced we will be better off for taking them in, who knows 20 years down the line when they have had a nice home, stable job, money etc, they may just go back to where they came from now its safe and we will all live happily ever after. or 10 years down the line we could end up with a whole country piled in rubble because there is nothing left!! only time will tell i guess, and i know me voicing my opinion like i am doesnt change what will happen, nor will anyone elses, im not saying this because im a heartless b*tch, just that i care alot about my family and the country we live in.

lets just ignore the worlds worst spelling. Does this picture not make you think about how the people who were born and did something for this country are treat?

i know it was created by someone sat at their computer, but more and more am i hearing that people who were in the army etc. are struggling to find homes because they are all taken, and not all of them are taken by British people!

Attachments

• 11924747_988829041183758_442648356741253344_n.jpg
    11924747_988829041183758_442648356741253344_n.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 14
That picture was originally posted on the highly racist Britain's First facebook page - if this is where you are forming your views than I recommend reading some more factual and educated articles on the subject.
A lot of ex-servicemen become homeless not through lack of housing, but through a lack of support to integrate on civvy street. This means they feel displaced and often fail in jobs, turn to drink etc. You can read some examples here. https://www.theguardian.com/society/gall/0,9730,1475566,00.html
The Government absolutely should be helping them to integrate into civvy street life and yes they are failing them by not doing so, but this is an entirely different issue to the refugee crisis.

Problem is no one is stopping us helping our own! Why don't people do something personally and not post such rubbish pics trying to breed hate. "They' are not a different breed. We are all Human. End off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->