Taking babies to restaurants?

ive taken sophia to resturants for lunchs with friends who aso have babies and wit family since she was a couple weeks old. shes never been a problem just end up with her on my lap alot of the time and once shes on my lap she is fine though now im able to leave her in her buggy if i want aswell recently and shes quite content to just sit there.

we took alfie when he was about 2 weeks old, he cried, we fed him, changed him and he was fine. noone looked at us only to come over and say how precious he was lol.
like pp said it did wonders for our confidence and we soon found out that it was no big deal to take him out.

<3

I think LO was 3 weeks old and we go all the time now. Sometimes if its a bit of a drive he sleeps on the way there and through starters (which is always nice). Is it the crying your husband is worried about? Nate is a big crier but hasn't really cried in restaurants. We just give him a toy or take him for a walk around the place if he starts to get a bit upset and then he's fine.

If for some reason your LO was REALLY upset and crying (which I doubt would happen, there'd be too much going on around her for her to look at) then you can always ask for your food to go. Or one of you eat and the other take LO for a walk and then switch. What's the worse that can happen??

I think the first time would have been 2 weeks old. I've never really thought anything of it.

We go to restaurants with Maya all the time, usually maybe once or twice a week. I think she was about two weeks old when we first went. She's always been absolutely fine. You should go and have fun!

The first time was probably around 6 weeks but now she can sit in a highchair I go all the time! I meet my friends for lunch about 2 or 3 times a week and me and OH go for dinner once a week. I think as long as a restaurant provides highchairs and changing facilities you know they are baby friendly!

We've always taken her to restaurants since she was 2 days old when we went out for dinner for my birthday. She just sits in a high chair, eats and enjoys watching people :)

He was 2 days old, it was his first outing and we have taken him often since.
We are rather lucky though in that he is very well behaved when we are out places like shopping or resturants.
I think the younger you get them used to different surroundings the easier it is but hes nearly 1 now so im expecting this to all change soon once he realises he wants to get up and run around :)

She must have been about 7wks as my friend was leaving to go travelling and we all went for a lunch, we had a corner booth where I laid her on the seat and she slept while I ate!

The next time she was about 3months, again I asked for the type of seat where it's like a long sofa so I could lay her next to me if needed, but she preferred to sit on my knee and people watch.

The last time I went just me and a friend she was 5 months almost she got a bit tired so i put her in her pram covered loosely with a blanket and she went to sleep

since birth to pubs, to a proper restaraunt 4 1/2 months she sat on my lap while I ate one handed - 6 months is fine hon

We've taken Alfie to pub type restaurants a few times, there's always quite a few kids in the places we go to anyway. I just pack a few toys for him to play with in the highchair.

From day three we've taken her to restaurants/cafes/pubs/family meals to be honest it never occured to me not too. We probably do this about three times a week.

When she was little we used to walk round the block a bit first to try and get her to go to sleep so we could eat some of our food in peace. Then as she's got older we've packed toys and things for her to play with. We mainly feed her what we're having but do take snacks as sometimes she gets restless in her high chair if the food is taking a while but a piece of bread usually keeps her quiet. We've never had a problem really.

You should go and I bet you'll enjoy yourself x

We have always gone to restaurants with our little one but I must admit, only at lunchtimes when I think there is much more of a family friendly vibe.

LO is in bed at 6-6.30pm so we wouldn't be out with him at a restaurant on an evening anyway.

I can't remember how old Sophie was but we've been taking her since she was tiny and it was much easier when she just sat in her carseat and slept!! Now she wants to be entertained lol!!!

It's a lot easier to take them when they are younger. Once they are walking, it can be a bit of a nightmare if they aren't a child who likes to sit still for long! :dohh:
However, if we can get a highchair done, Ella is usually really well behaved, it's the waiting for the food and waiting for others to finish after she's done that is the hard part for her.

Exactly this!

We first took Oliver to a restaurant at about 2 weeks. We go out for a meal once a week, and I tend to go for one with friends during the week also.

There's not much I don't do with him besides going to the cinema though! When we first went for a meal with him I remember we left half way through as he woke up crying and I was scared I'd have to feed him in public. That side of things is much easier now I'm happy to feed in public so we all love going out for dinner, but he doesn't always stay content enough for us to have dessert!

Em about a month I think. Now if we're out shopping we usually go to Pizza Hut for lunch and Summer eats all their salad bar! xx

She's goes to a restuarant at least once a week. She went three times in the first two weeks of her life: to a pub for lunch, a Spanish tapas restaurant and to Strada after we registered her birth!

I nearly always go to "family" type restaurants though now we have her, kid friendly type places such as:
Nando's
Strada
Zizzi's
Pizza Express
various small local pizzerias
Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Ask
those types of places

In the last week she has been to zuccato's (a pizza/pasta place), Nando's and a nice French bistro near where we live.

I have never taken her anywhere really "nice" though. I don't think I would for fear of her making noise and me being on edge and her making a scene (though she is usually great when out). But one of my friend's (whose baby is 40 mins older than Arianna) took her son to lunch at La Gavroche at 8 weeks old!!! (her baby is extremely placid) And Michel Roux came out to say hello to the baby and say that he thought he was his youngest ever guest!

She's goes to a restuarant at least once a week. She went three times in the first two weeks of her life: to a pub for lunch, a Spanish tapas restaurant and to Strada after we registered her birth!

I nearly always go to "family" type restaurants though now we have her, kid friendly type places such as:
Nando's
Strada
Zizzi's
Pizza Express
various small local pizzerias
Gourmet Burger Kitchen
Ask
those types of places

In the last week she has been to zuccato's (a pizza/pasta place), Nando's and a nice French bistro near where we live.

I have never taken her anywhere really "nice" though. I don't think I would for fear of her making noise and me being on edge and her making a scene (though she is usually great when out). But one of my friend's (whose baby is 40 mins older than Arianna) took her son to lunch at La Gavroche at 8 weeks old!!! (her baby is extremely placid) And Michel Roux came out to say hello to the baby and say that he thought he was his youngest ever guest!

:shock: wow that it is one lucky baby!!

<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back