Talking SO to TTC earlier

Ginag88

First Time Mommy WTT#2
Reaction score
IT will be my SO's first child, and my 2nd. He wants to wait until October '15... I really want another one but i know his date is a better time.. Anyone waiting until Oct '15 or near that time?? Are you considering trying to do it earleir?

We're planning to try August 2015. It will be the first time ttc for DH and me! I also find myself thinking of trying to talk DH into trying earlier, but i do feel like the date we have set makes a lot of sense...but if he was okay with it, i would say to heck with the date, lets start asap!! lol. this week I have been thinking "hm... is there some way we could make an earlier date work?" I feel like i would either have to pitch a really good sale to DH, or he would have to undergo a change of heart on his own before he would agree to ttc earlier..lol

What are some of your reasons for waiting? How early do you think you would be ready to ttc?

We're waiting until October/November '15 too :flower: Mostly so I can lose some weight to be healthier for pregnancy. I have the same question as Earthy...what are some of your reasons for waiting? If you want to TTC sooner, maybe you can go over that list with your DH & see if there is anything that can be moved around, can wait, etc. I know the waiting is hard...I know a lot of women currently pregnant or who are TTC, and this wait is killing me. Hugs! :hugs:

im waiting because the time timing jusst makes sense. My SO is alil younger than me, and i feel like men need different things to prepare for a baby than us woman do. Our biological clock ticks and we know e can make anything happen regardless how poor or inconvenienced we might be. But believe me, im not waiting by choice. I love being pregnant and i love my SO , plus my little one needs a sibling... or mayeb thats just me talking lol.. but October/Nov seems far away even though I know its right around the corner

Cmarie was just looking at your signature: oilfield wife. Edm or cgy? Or other?

im waiting because the time timing jusst makes sense. My SO is alil younger than me, and i feel like men need different things to prepare for a baby than us woman do. Our biological clock ticks and we know e can make anything happen regardless how poor or inconvenienced we might be. But believe me, im not waiting by choice. I love being pregnant and i love my SO , plus my little one needs a sibling... or mayeb thats just me talking lol.. but October/Nov seems far away even though I know its right around the corner

Hm, that's tough especially if you agree that the timing just makes sense. I know it's not ideal, but maybe you could take up a hobby or try focusing on something else until October? I find that actually planning for the baby is really helpful. Arranging drs appts for check-ups, starting prenatal vitamins, etc. I made a board on a website called Pinterest for baby stuff & that's helped pass the time too :) Hugs! I know it's hard!

Hi girls I am waiting on oh to be ready too I would try now if I could and the Christmas hols coming up is making it much harder without a child. Oh said nov 15 which seems like ages but at least its less than a year. I think I may try and convince oh to try earlier but I don't think he will go for it. We need save money and do house up before ttc. I feel your pain with the waiting I made loads of friends on bnb who have all moved over to ttc and am the only one that didn't. Its breaking my heart but oh just doesn't understand.

Waiting is painful! I actually did pick up a hobby!! LMFAO! I decided to try my hand at Special Effects makeup, making prosthetics and sculptures.. lol thats how big of a hobby i need! lol

I try not to focus on baby things (this site doesnt help lol)

Although, i do agree Oct -Nov makes sense financially, and temperature wise... I'm still thinking, early birthday gift O:) (July is my bday)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->