• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tax credits checks

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Is anyone else having theirs checked?

We had a letter today saying they were checking the entitlement and I'm worried for some reason!

I have to average out my child are costs due to me never working the same amount if hours.

I'm the spare at work so if there's extra going I have to take the hours which means a hell of a lot of faffing with tax credits...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure iv got the averages right and nursery are writing them up for me to send in, if theirs match mine then I'm assuming all is good?

But I'm worried if iv made mistakes and there off a bit (and if they are it shouldn't be much) ill get into trouble?

We've had tax credits since Connah was born so quite a while and havnt made any mistakes yet but now I'm second guessing myself!
Some of the time they have gone to users out of my own pocket as it just wasn't feasible calling up tax credits all the time to change the amount,pay,eats would a&e been a mess!

Am being silly?

I had this last year and I was soooo stressed about it, I was convinced I had done something wrong and they had noticed so were picking on me! I didn’t have any contracts and very few invoices, but I sent everything I could and a cover letter from the childminder and nursery. It took them aggggges to get through it but all was fine, the letter is quite scary but don’t worry hun worse case scenario is if you’ve worked something out wrong they will just reduce next year’s not ideal but less scary than the £3000 fine they shout about in the letter. Just prove all you can and I’m sure it’ll be ok.

Thanks,I can prove all the averages I gave but still stressing!

I really wish I didn't have to claim them at all,they are a massive help but such a stress at times x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->