TCC After Ectopic buddy needed

Hi Pink Ribbons! I have the same fears as you...I am also impatient and want to start trying, but I know I need my body to heal to give the next pregnancy the best chance, but I cant wait...Come on Jan/Feb..

I'm sorry for your loss! Hugs to you! I hear boys are easier tha girls, but I wouldn't know... :)

a comforting thought - my doctor told me that if you have had successful pregnancies, especially with the same partner and then have an ectopic it is probably a 'random' ectopic as opposed to being linked to blocked tubes, infection etc so although they tell you there is an increased risk of repeat ectopic, it may be slightly lower for women who have had previous pregnancies which have reached the uterus. This is keeping my focused at the moment as I am dreading another ectopic but have had 3 pregnancies in my uterus. Unfortunately, my babies were c-sections so the abdominal scarring means I am still higher risk than those who gave birth naturally.

ok so i have been looking at other ttc threads to find out anything that can help me make a decision on what to do, i recently had to under go not only a D&C but a c section like surgery to remove what ended up being an ectopic pregnancy they also had to fix some i guess endo while she was in there what i would llike to know is how long after the surgery did you wait to ttc again? any stories about a sucessful pregnancy after an ectopic would be great what procudure did you have any detail i think that this would help not only myself but anyone going through the same thing thanks

Hi there,

I had an ectopic which ruptured and had my right tube removed Jan. 2011. My ob advised to give it 6 months (she is very conservative though) before trying. We started TTC in July and so far still not pregnant. Given that I only have the one side I suspect it will just take longer. I already have a 3 year old so hope this is a good sign that I am able to conceive. Good luck to you! Message me anytime.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Annie - that is very comforting to hear that my ectopic might be a 'random' occurence. Thank you...I hope that is the case. I've had 3 normal pregnancies, and natural births, so this was very much out of the blue.

Peachy - it just goes to show the different advice that ob's give, as I was told I didn't have to wait at all! I'm currently waiting for AF to show up (which I think will take awhile, as my last reading of hcg before the surgery was over 28,000).

decemberose - lol...I think my girls have been pretty good so far, but I can see that I am going to be in trouble when they are teenagers!

I hope that everyone is travelling along OK. I'm finding that the lead-up to Christmas is taking my mind off things somewhat...which is a welcome distraction.

Will check in again soon!

Christmas will be especially hard for me since this was the time last year I found out I was pregnant : (

peachy905 i know what you mean about it being hard my mothers last christmas i was not with her and for me it had always been hard and now i cant stop thinking about how i would have possibly told some of my family members that we were expecting
we can help each other get through the rough time together that is what we are all here for to help each other through the rough times hugs to you

Thanks for your kind words Lucy. I was hoping that I would be pg by now... but have been TTC for 5 months and going into December I feel this deep sense of sadness that if my baby made it he or she would be enjoying his or her first Christmas. Sorry to hear about your mom. I am here if you need to talk.

Hi Ladies! Well tomorrow will be one week since the surgery and it is so hard to get motivated to do anything. I'm just not in the mood to do anything...

I go back to the Dr.next week for my follow up and hope everything checks out fine. I did take a HPT and it was already negative, so that is a good sign my body is getting back to normal.

Thinking of you ladies during the holiday! Hugs!

Thanks for your kind words Lucy. I was hoping that I would be pg by now... but have been TTC for 5 months and going into December I feel this deep sense of sadness that if my baby made it he or she would be enjoying his or her first Christmas. Sorry to hear about your mom. I am here if you need to talk.

thanks i am feeling the same thing as you i want to be preg so bad and i wonder how long it's going to be before it happens again but i hope that it's not to long, my mom passed away in 95 it's been a long time but i still feel that and like i said with the loss of my baby but we have to have faith that GOD has a plan and he will give us our baby when we are ready hopefully sooner than later:hugs: the same goes to you am here if you need to talk thanks again

Hi Ladies! Well tomorrow will be one week since the surgery and it is so hard to get motivated to do anything. I'm just not in the mood to do anything...

I go back to the Dr.next week for my follow up and hope everything checks out fine. I did take a HPT and it was already negative, so that is a good sign my body is getting back to normal.

Thinking of you ladies during the holiday! Hugs!

hi decemberose i have been feeling the same way it has been three weeks since my surgery i had thought that i had gotten over it and that i had made peace with what happened and then i began to cry and hardly sleeping at night i barely had the energy to go to work
i called my reg dr and she gave me some sleeping pills which also help with depression she told me that it was just my body going back to normal after the preg but she does want me to talk to a couselor just to talk to someone about what happened that is not related to me but i think that you guys are helping me alot with that

Hi ladies

*sigh* It doesn't matter how you try to sugar coat it...this situation just sucks! I've been trying to make the best of things each day, but this feeling of loss is just with me constantly. I just want AF to hurry up and arrive so that I can actually feel like I'm doing something constructive and can TTC again.

Peachy - I can see how this Christmas would be especially difficult for you. *hugs* I think it's my worst fear that I will start TTC again and nothing will happen. :( May I ask how long it took to conceive your 3 year old? (In my mind I'm thinking if nothing happens for 6-8 months, then I will be back banging on my Ob's door and asking questions/looking for some assistance). Where are you at in your cycle? How are things looking for this month?

decemberose - that's fantastic that your HPT is already negative! After 1 week! I've been too scared to do a test, as I don't want to see a 2nd line. I might do one next week, when I'll be 3 weeks post-op, and I'll hope to see 1 line. Would love AF to show up before Christmas. Actually, that can be my Christmas gift!

Lucy - I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, and that you haven't been travelling along too well these past few days. :( Like you, I have also been daydreaming about how I would have announced this pregnancy. I might have written it in my Christmas cards. It would have been such a joyful time. :( It is really hard not to run scenarios through your head. Please keep talking on here. You're right, I think we do need to keep the faith. I am telling myself that every day. If we keep checking in here, and talking through our feelings, time will pass, and hopefully we'll witness each of us get our BFP's. I'm here for the long haul...no matter how long it takes!

Well, it's after midnight here...I'd better get some sleep!

Looking forward to continued discussions with you all!

thanks pink ribbons your words are so kind they brought tears to my eyes don't worry though i have been an emotional wreck for a few days don't worry am not going anywhere either it helps to have other ladies that are feeling what am feeling and talking about there are a couple of things that are happening and i want to get you ladies opinion
for a few days now i have been feeling nauseas it's bad in the morning and evening and it comes and goes during the day and then there was a little dizzyness,then last night i had some painful tingling on my bbs and today they feel "weird" not only that but i have been craving some baked potatoes which am indulging in but then today i began to have light brown spotting but i have no idea what is going on i have been having some slight cramps but nothing like when i have af besides the brown spotting i have been feeling (sorry tmi) very wet down there

sorry this is so long but have any of ytou guys felt this way i just want to know that my body is going back to normal and that all is good i have been testing with ic opks but they are neg accoreding to the directions and i did a preg test to be sure and it was neg too mine got neg a few days after the surgery any help is appreciated as am clueless as to what is going on thanks

Pink Ribbons - It only took me two months to conceive my ds. With the ectopic it only took two months as well. It is now almost a year since my surgery and we have been TTC unsuccesfully for 5 months. I know it will take longer since I only have the one tube... but I still get so worried. I am on day 5 of my cycle. Cannot wait to try again. Maybe I will be blessed with good news early Jan!!

Pink Ribbons: my HCG levels were really low and not doubling and that's when my Dr. knew something wasn't right and the ultrasound confirmed it...So I think thats why it went down so fast...

Lucy: I haven't experienced any of those symptoms personally. But, I just stopped bleeding a few days ago, so that could be why...

Geesh, I dont think I want to wait til Jan to try again, but I know I have to... :( I have my Dr. appt next weekend Thursday and I can't wait to get the clearance and make sure everything is fine...My birthday is next week also, but I really don't feel like celebrating...I almost forget its coming...

Hi lovely ladies

I'm back again! I'm getting a lot of comfort from coming here and reading your posts. I think the fact that you girls are living my reality...it just helps to know that there are other people out there dealing with this right now.

Lucy - I also have a lot of mucous going on (tmi!). Today it has been fairly milky. Yesterday there was some with a very slight brown tinge...very very slight.

I have a feeling that I may have ovulated. I don't want to get ahead of myself, or set myself up for a fall, but I'm hoping that my period will arrive within the next 2 weeks. Then it will be full steam ahead! I tested with an OPK a week ago, and got a very strong positive. I tested again yesterday and the 2nd line was very very light. So, I really have no idea what is going on. I've still been too scared to do a HPT...but will do one this week.

Do any of you ladies chart your temperature? I have charted with my last 2 pregnancies, and also the ectopic. I think I'm going to start charting again so that I can try to get an idea of where things are at.

Peachy - I am also used to getting pregnant quickly, so I don't know how I feel about the prospect of it taking much longer. In my mind, I really feel like it's going to happen straight away. I know it's delusional to think like that, and I know I'm probably setting myself up for a massive fall. :(

decemberose - I hope your appointment goes well and that you get the green light for TTC again straight away. lol, I don't want to wait either...this period of waiting is pure hell...I just want to start actively TTC again. This feeling of being in limbo is horrible. I can imagine that your birthday is not something you're feeling very excited about. I hope that you have a nice day all the same, and pray that this time next year you have are happily pregnant, or possibly even have a babe in your arms. x

Well, I've had a very lazy Saturday here. I should have been getting a lot of things done for Christmas, but in typical fashion I am leaving everything until the last minute.

Hope you ladies are getting through the days as best you can.

xox

hi pink ribbons you are sounding so much better i started to temp bc i had never done it as i said before i never tought that i would ever experience a preg much less a loss but am feeling that my body needed a wake up call or the reset button to be pushed(lol) that is the way i have decided to look at it sorry if i make anyone feel bad by saying thats but that just me and my crazy body

i have also begun to use a cbfm and last night i got high fertility which makes me so happy bc i hope to ovulate and get my body back to normal i want to ttc in january but DH and i have talked and if happens sooner i pray to GOD that all works out as i sat and stared at the monitor last night i felt so happy but so scared all these thoughts are going through my head but i guess that we have to make that leap sooner or later if we want to have a little one someday.

i think in a way that that is why am having all these crazy symtoms like my dr said i had never ovulated until this last time when i got preg and i didn't know how sensitive my body was until now the last time i got preg i had simular symtoms but i never thought to test it all began about 2 weeks befor my bfp so am thinking that i was ovulating hope it happens that easily next time (OMG just got this strong smell of garlic bread yummy) lol this is an everday thing i keep having these smells and then i want some food the funny thing is that the foods i smell are not there physically all in my head might be going a little nuts maybe lol

i guess that i will wait and see what happens i will keep you guys updated on what is going on pink ribbons ur in australia wow its going to be sunday by the time you read this here it is just sat morning ur a little like me i always wait til the last minute to do things though this year i have been pretty good shopping helped a little i guess my DH has many gifts under that tree

sorry so long but it's been a few days since i've been on here hope that everyone is doing good hugs all around

Pink Ribbons: my HCG levels were really low and not doubling and that's when my Dr. knew something wasn't right and the ultrasound confirmed it...So I think thats why it went down so fast...

Lucy: I haven't experienced any of those symptoms personally. But, I just stopped bleeding a few days ago, so that could be why...

Geesh, I dont think I want to wait til Jan to try again, but I know I have to... :( I have my Dr. appt next weekend Thursday and I can't wait to get the clearance and make sure everything is fine...My birthday is next week also, but I really don't feel like celebrating...I almost forget its coming...

december rose that is good that you have stopped bleeding hope that all goes well when you have your apt. update us on that
i know i don't want to wait either i want to be preg now part of me is scared to try again but the other part wants to sobad i am keeping faith that GOD will give me the answer although DH and i are not preventing it from happening if it does i pray that all works out
it is hard to be in the mood to celebrate at a time kike this but you should you never know maybe a little distraction wont hurt even if you just go out to dinner or something, i hate my bdays too and usually just go to dinner or do something special for me you should do the same we are all here if you need to talk :hugs: hope you have a nice weekend and let us know about your apt

Pink Ribbons - It only took me two months to conceive my ds. With the ectopic it only took two months as well. It is now almost a year since my surgery and we have been TTC unsuccesfully for 5 months. I know it will take longer since I only have the one tube... but I still get so worried. I am on day 5 of my cycle. Cannot wait to try again. Maybe I will be blessed with good news early Jan!!

hi peachy are you temping or using a monitor or anything i have begun to use one as i want to know what is going on i didn't think i did now am becoming an addict my DH husband laughs and says if am like this ttc what am i going to be when am actually preg my monitor said am on high fertility and to be honest DH and i are not preventing what is meant to be will be but am right there with you about getting the news Jan although i think my OB would not be to happy but am leaving it to GOD he had the final decision good luck to you

colta how are you how is the tww going? hope all is well with you

Beccaa how di your testing come back? how are you feeling, how far along are you? hope all is well with you too

love3hope4 how is the baby making going hope that you get your bfp soon too

annie77 are you now in the tww or are you still bd?

i think that that covers everyone in the group sorry is i forgot someone hope you ladies are all doing good and that we begin to getpur bfps soon

afm as you guys might have read i got high fertility on the monitor hope that it's right and that well maybe in jan i might have some news if all goes well although am supposed to wait until then to ttc but nothing is guaranteed so we sometimes we just have to go with it

Good morning (or evening as it probably is for you ladies!)

Thanks Lucy for all of the reading you provided me with this morning! :flower:

I googled 'cbfm' and saw the fertility monitor that you're using! It looks really great!

I am using a basal thermometer and charting using 'Fertility Friend'. I also have ovulation test strips. I haven't actually started temping again just yet (I keep forgetting!)...but I might start tomorrow, which will be 3 weeks post-Op.

I did some Google searching to see if there was anyone who got pregnant immediately after their ectopic surgery or meth shot, and before a period even arrived, and I did find a couple of people. So it is possible!!

For me, I am trying to wait until I get that first period...but then sometimes I think that I should just go for it and see what happens!

I do feel like I'm better within myself...I think we will all start lifting out of our dark places once our cycles kick back in and we can start trying again. Let's hope it's just a few more weeks of limbo-land for all of us.

I am going to do another post to show a snapshot of this little group, if that is OK with all of you.

Have a great day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"