Team 2012 Bundle of Joy - Dragons in the Making!

Well I suddenly realised this afternoon that our whole approach to ttc would be changing next month and that got me thinking. We were watching a fertility edition of embarrassing bodies and the theme of diet kept coming up. Both me and DH are at a healthy weight but I am more than aware that my diet is not as great as it could be - I am weight obsessed but also have a very sweet tooth meaning I will often skip dinner (or have a ridiculously small portion) so that I can have a huge pudding or sometimes even pudding's :blush: So would diet be having an effect on my fertility?

Cue the research and there is strong evidence that suggests that food has a big impact on hormone balance and fertility. Discussed it with DH and we are going to try the fertility diet by Sarah Dobbyn. It is a huge sacrifice as I am a comfort eater and DH is a carnivore and this is so extreme that it would mean being semi vegan (fish and free range eggs are allowed) but I think this is something we may try - even if it is just until Christmas. Am I crazy? xxx

I think diet could well have a lot to do with things. I'm sure it has in my case, I just hope that my change in diet doesn't delay ovulation for a second month :wacko:

Do what you need to do. I already feel healthier for a better diet in doing Slimming World :thumbup:

I agree - I think diet has an important effect on hormones and therefore fertility, although my thoughts on it are more towards the balanced diet and exercise, with everything in moderation - including things you like :D

But having said that, you need to do whatever you feel is right for you guys :hugs:

Thanks chickies :flower:

Emma usually I completely agree with you but at the moment just kind of feel like I have to do something hugely drastic to give my body a chance of ovulating naturally if you know what I mean.

May even take up yoga :wacko:

It seems rather cruel of my body to pick this cycle to give me lots of fake pregnancy symptoms :cry: Very sore boobies since yesterday and cramps since 8DPO - I am not getting my hopes up though :cry:

I'm terrible at yoga - I have no balance :)

The thing I think has most effect on ovulation is blood sugars - so if you eat a lot of sugary puddings then cutting them out will help. I found this article useful https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/diet/297316/Fertility-diet--How-to-eat-your-way-pregnant-
although I'm sure you've read it - you are good at your research :D

The other 'diet' you could think about is the Low GI diet, it really helps with blood sugars xx

Oh Danielle I really hope they are not fake :hugs: I've got everything crossed for you xx

Thanks my lovelies but they are fake, we didn't do enough to really try this cycle as we presumed we would have plenty more clomid rounds left.

Emma that information is really helpful, thank you hun :hugs:

Well I'm back from the doctors. After waiting nearly an hour past my appointment time to be seen (and the fact that at 20 minutes past my appointment time and 2 people to see before me she came out of her room and made a cup of tea :wacko:) I've been told it's sods law I'm not pregnant after 14 months of trying and they won't even do CD3 and CD21 bloods to confirm ovulation until we've been trying for 2 years.

Rachael I am so sorry hun :hugs: Please phone up your local PCT and ask to know what the time scale for fertility investigations are in your area;
https://www.nhs.uk/ServiceDirectories/Pages/PrimaryCareTrustListing.aspx
To the best of my knowledge it is only 12 months (unless you have had a pregnancy even if it results in miscarriage). I will never trust a GP again since our personal saga and it proves that sometimes they just can't be bothered to follow protocol and so just make crap up!

Becca I have done yoga a few times but I was appalling at it :haha:

I rang the PCT Head Office and was told to ask my GP :wacko:

What! Are they having a laugh, they're the bloody ones that set the guidelines due to funding!!!! I would ring back and make sure you speak to someone else and just say that you tried ringing your GP office but they didn't know and advised you to phone the PCT to clarify.

NHS majorly sucks sometimes, I could get a boob job on the NHS if I could prove how depressed my current body made me but for some odd reason having your whole life being taken over by fertility issues and the huge depression it brings doesn't count :growlmad:

Im so sorry you are both going through this Ladies :hugs:
xx

Rachael - if they won't answer email them a freedom of information request - they have to answer that!

I'm so sorry they weren't any help :hugs:

Are you under Sunderland PCT???

https://to-hatch.co.uk/find-a-clinic/england/north-east/tyne-and-wear/sunderland/nhs-sunderland-pct/

Click on the cycles tab and it'll give you the information they have xx

I am under Sunderland PCT, yes. Thank you :hugs:

Says after 2 years of unexplained infertility we can be referred for up to 3 cycles of IVF. 6 months if there's a medical reason for the infertility. Doesn't say anything about having to wait 2 years for basic investigations though :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->