(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

So glad to see you back Joli. :hugs: we were all so worried about you - thank goodness you and bubs are ok. I have been told morphine shouldn't have long-term effects on bubs. Much less harmful than the stress of you being in pain anyway and it's excellent they managed to delay labour. Hope this is the last of your trauma and you have an easy easy time from now on.
Will the scar heal in time to have a vag birth or will you need a c-section?
Take care.xx

BTW, y'all, I'm officially 3rd trimester now! Some places say 27 weeks, some 28, so I was actually considering it 3rd tri last week, but now there's no question!

The ticker says 84 days left--eek!
This has been such a looong road with the MCs, I seriously never thought I'd make it this far. What a relief...phew

View attachment 104322Hi girls!

Had a wonderful weekend! Had my baby shower on saturday .. it was SO much fun!! ;)

Joli - glad you are back ! hope u recover realllly soon & keep the baby cooking in there.. dont worry everything will be fine.. we are all hear for you.

some pics from my shower

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpg
    IMG_0772.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0783.jpg
    IMG_0783.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 13
congrats hib on 3rd tri! time will FLY now

hi joli welcome back, glad you and baby and doing well, take it easy x

congrats hib on 3rd tri! time will FLY now

Thanks--I have a feeling you're right! In some ways I want it to take its time, so we can finish everything we need to do for preparation, but in others I want it to hurry up! Can't take much more of this reflux and semi-immobility.

How are you feeling these days? You look great in your shower pics!

hibiscus: happy 3rd tri!!! Congratulations! The final stretch, so exciting! Love the bump btw! Forgot to say earlier!

devi: You're just gorgeous!! and glowing! Glad you had a good shower!

gg: Have to catch up on your journal but how did the interview go? if you've had it already, terrible memory!

the one for the new store? its not till the 13th august :) how are you?

View attachment 104322Hi girls!

Had a wonderful weekend! Had my baby shower on saturday .. it was SO much fun!! ;)

Joli - glad you are back ! hope u recover realllly soon & keep the baby cooking in there.. dont worry everything will be fine.. we are all hear for you.

some pics from my shower

Devi, nice to put a face to the person we have been chatting with all these months. Gorgeous as I thought! :) You seriously look fantastic and are definitely glowing. Getting excited for you to have your baby.
:hugs:

Devi, looking good hun!

Joli, welcome back! You better be resting up!

Devi..... Lovely pics of you at your baby shower! Hope you had fun! ;)

Hibiscus...... Welcome to 3rd tri hun!

It was my first born's 3rd birthday today (Finlay) and he's had a whale of a time playing with all his new toys. We had his party yesterday and he's had the best couple of days. He's sooooo funny! Can't believe my baby is 3 years old now! My youngest turned 17 months today and he's STILL not walking!!!! Lol Such a lazy boy but ultra cute. He talks lots though so can't have it all I suppose! He will walk and hold one of my hands but is not brave enough to take the plunge and go it alone yet. Wonder if he will manage it before the baby comes?! Hhhmmmmm

aw wow 2 birthdays one after the other, thats like my brother and sister.. crazy to think you must have conceived around the same time!

my nephew didnt walk till 18 month either he was a very lazy boy! he is 3 now tho. glad finlay had a lovely day and pleased to see on fb that everyone is well again after the poorlyness x

Aw, it's so great to be chatting with you ladies again!

2016, I was told the morphine shouldn't have any long term effects on baby, it has just made him very sedated the last week. At the minute I'm just taking oral morphine before bed so that I can sleep, but I'm going to try tonight without it. You're absolutely right that the pain triggering labour is far more serious than taking the morphine itself.

Since they did not cut into the womb, I should still be able to have a vag delivery, though if I have a C-section, they would just cut into the wound that I already have. I think I would like to deliver naturally as long as there is minimal risk of having an emergency C-section, otherwise I would elect to have a C-section. The thought of any more emergency or stress in the delivery really upsets me, so I just want to make sure things go as smoothly as possible!

MM - after I give the C-section/natural delivery option some thought, I might ask you for some advice on C-sections if you don't mind! :flower:

Devi - those are such gorgeous pics!!! And your hubby looks so unbelieveably happy too! Did you get any fab gifts? was your party at home?

Britt - when do you get confirmation on whether you will be accepted for IVF in Oct?

Hibiscus - congrats on reaching the 3rd tri!!! woohoo!!!

Nicole - I haven't heard from you in ages, it's so wonderful to see you back on the thread!! How has your pregnancy been going?

GG - good luck with your interview on the 13th!!

Aurora - I can't believe how close you are now, you must be so excited!!

Tink - Happy birthday to Finlay :)

Joli, you can ask me anything you want. I will do my best to help you but hun, I have no clue on how they do things over in China. I can help you with you recovery. Claire's had one too I think, she has some knowledge as well.

I do have one bit of advice for you now though, actually all of you ladies need to hear this.

No matter what type of dream birth you have planned (I truly hope it goes how you want) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read up on c-sections. Being informed on a c-section is a good thing! Before my first c-section, I had no clue what was happening, I was scared, I cried, and nearly had a panic attack. No one told me what was going to happen and I had never had surgery before! So please take the time to read into it... just in case.

Thanks MM. Having gone through this surgery, I feel like I will have a better on what to expect from a C-section, only in the sense that I have an 8" cut along the cesarian line, and I'm still finding it quite hard to walk! haha. I think a cesarian itself here wouldn't be as bit of a cut, but I expect the recovery must feel similar to how I'm feeling now. The only big difference I think is that I was knocked out with general anesthetic for this surgery, but I understand for C-section you're given a local anesthetic. One woman I know said that the doctor described the feeling of a C-section is like someone rummaging through your handbag. I'll definitely have to do a lot more reading and will give it a lot more thought...!

With a c-section, it's not a local hun. It's a spinal or an epidural. Try putting some counter pressure (hand on your tummy) where your incision is and try and stand up straighter. Slouching kinda makes it worse.

LOL yes, it does feel like some one is rummaging around in there. You shouldn't feel any pain but more tugging, pulling, and pushing. I grunted a few times! It's a strange feeling!

joli - glad to know you are slowly recovering! ;)

I did get some gifts off my registry (only 4) ; but everyone else gave me cash & gift cards!! yay!! so actually I can now go and buy everything off my registry & MORE!! how nice!

britt - thanks !! I am very excited too!!

I have been out for a walk and now have lost a significant amount of bloody stringy mucas. Enough to have some in my pants and alot on the paper.The pain is in my back and inside my vagina. Sometimes down my thighs. My bump does harden but is not sore the whole way up. The pains are not regular, dont last very long but are very painful. If this keeps up ill be ringing the midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->