Team Baby for 2012 - over 35's

Well, all that :dust: did its magic for Desperado. :bfp::thumbup:
Wooley and Melly, when are you testing?

If you both get BFPs....I don't care...I'm going to follow u to the 35+ preggers board...:plane: :winkwink:

I've been testing since 8dpo. (silly, but I cant help it!). BFNs, but I did get a bit excited over faint lines after the time limit yesterday. But todays is another BFN. I'm fed up with the whole TTC crap! BUT, I dont know how to NOT TTC. In order to not try, you must stop wanting, and thats impossible!

I couldn't even not temp for more than a few days...its become such a habit, I feel 'off' if I don't.

ladies hang in there...we will all get the BFPs when those babies are ready to come for us

BTW Indigo...LOVE your new image

I've been testing since 8dpo. (silly, but I cant help it!). BFNs, but I did get a bit excited over faint lines after the time limit yesterday. But todays is another BFN. I'm fed up with the whole TTC crap! BUT, I dont know how to NOT TTC. In order to not try, you must stop wanting, and thats impossible!

I totally agree. I am trying to stop temping and just get it on like :bunny: but in the back of my mind I keep thinking "I am not ovulating or is this the right time."

ladies hang in there...we will all get the BFPs when those babies are ready to come for us

BTW Indigo...LOVE your new image

Thank you! I changed my ticker, too.....wanted a fresh start...

So, I did the math, and we would have to concieve by March 25, 2012 in order to have a baby in 2012.
That gives us 10 more cycles/months.
The average time to conception for women our age is 10-12 months.
I will be 40 by then, if it happens, so too bad, my kid will be an only child.
Am I on a rant? What exactly is a rant?

So, I did the math, and we would have to concieve by March 25, 2012 in order to have a baby in 2012.
That gives us 10 more cycles/months.
The average time to conception for women our age is 10-12 months.
I will be 40 by then, if it happens, so too bad, my kid will be an only child.
Am I on a rant? What exactly is a rant?
What's magical about the number 40?

Indigo - I'm due to be testing 10-12 June and determined not to test before 10 June.

But my CBFM has gone low today so DH can have a sleep now :) I have been temping but I don't understand what it means so I need to go off and look at FF course again :shrug:

Melly - I am still praying you see a BFP this cycle :hugs:

I had the whole obsession with wanting to have a baby before I was 40 going on, then it changed to wanting to get pregnant before i was 40, which I did but had mmc. Next it was have a baby before i was 41, then get pregnant before i was 41. In the end I just gave up with the age obsession and thought whatever happens happens. I'll be just turned 42 when this one joins us and still hoping to fit another one in before i retire the cbfm.

I had the whole obsession with wanting to have a baby before I was 40 going on, then it changed to wanting to get pregnant before i was 40, which I did but had mmc. Next it was have a baby before i was 41, then get pregnant before i was 41. In the end I just gave up with the age obsession and thought whatever happens happens. I'll be just turned 42 when this one joins us and still hoping to fit another one in before i retire the cbfm.

Maybe we'll change our minds...

When I actually do the math, it gets to me...If I have a kid at 40, I will be 50 and they will be 10...maybe I just need to get in better shape...My DH started graying in his mid-20s...He will look like a grandpa by the time our kid is in elementary school.

Doesn't it get to any of you?

When I actually do the math, it gets to me...If I have a kid at 40, I will be 50 and they will be 10...maybe I just need to get in better shape...My DH started graying in his mid-20s...He will look like a grandpa by the time our kid is in elementary school.

I do occasionally think if I get my BFP this year I'll be 61 when my child is 21 but I don't know if it really gets to me as my circumstances where never right for me to consider children before marrying my DH.

I use to think about it. But now I don't. My dad was 42 when my younger sister was born and she is now 30 and he is 72 and a ball of fire. He is in very good shape and many people don't believe he is 72.

my DF is only 27 and has been getting grey hairs for the last 5 years. His Dad has been totally grey, as in sliver fox grey, as long as I have known him and he was 42 when I met DF. Mind you my Dad went grey at 24 and I've had grey hairs since I was 13!! thankfully I can colour my hair.

I do occasionally think if I get my BFP this year I'll be 61 when my child is 21 but I don't know if it really gets to me as my circumstances where never right for me to consider children before marrying my DH.

I do think about it, but I too feel just the way Wooly said, there hasn't been another right opportunity. I was married once before but that only lasted 3 years and since we were NTNP it obviously wasn't meant to be then. DH and I have only been together for 2 years.

On top of that I still feel ridiculously young. I've only been married a year and it feels like my life has just begun! Well a new chapter at least! :haha: I finally realized 3 years ago that I actually wanted kids, I've always loved them but never felt the need to have my own, but then all of a sudden it kicked in one day and at the same time I realized my current boyfriend would not do as a dad. Then a year later I started dating my DH and it all fell into place. Now if only my biology would cooperate! :dohh:

I was married before and in a cohabiting relationship for 5 years and I never wanted to have children with either of those men :nope:

I always thought I wasn't maternal and I am really uncomfortable around other people's babies & children and I'm not particularly close to my nephews (due to circumstances beyond mine and my brother's control) but a few months after I married DH my maternal instinct kicked in much to DH's joy as he always wanted to be a daddy :)

Morning ladies! I have now got internet in Turkey! Yay!:thumbup:

Have'nt been on for a good few days, hope everyone is ok.

I finally had my peak on CBFM yesterday ( cd15 ), i just it on to test this morning and it hasn't asked for a test. It just says peak again. Is this normal?
Do i need to test again this cycle?:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->