Team Edward or Team Jacob??

Team I like good literature.
I did read Twilight and a bit of New Moon (I got the first three books as a Christmas present one year)

Twilight annoyed me so much,nothing happened till the last 4 chapters before that it was all 'EDWARD CULLEN IS SO HOT BUT SO DANGEROUS AND I AM SO CLUMSY AND PLAIN' even the bit where she nearly got ripped to shreds wasn't that interesting.
I gave up trying to read them all when whilst reading New Moon I was just reading months of the year. The fact that she actually became comatose for months just because her boyfriend left annoys me to,what kind of message is that sending out to girls? that you have to have a man to be complete.
Edward is far from the perfect boyfriend ,I really don't like how he's held up as this ideal man. I found his character to be slightly controlling tbh.

I don't really remember much of Jacob from reading the book apart from the bit with the truck and the beach party thing Bella went to. However if Taylor Lautner wasn't so damn perfect I'd probably fancy him loads,like if he lost the tan and grew a bit of facial hair ahh he's just too pretty if you get me.

Team I like good literature.
I did read Twilight and a bit of New Moon (I got the first three books as a Christmas present one year)

Twilight annoyed me so much,nothing happened till the last 4 chapters before that it was all 'EDWARD CULLEN IS SO HOT BUT SO DANGEROUS AND I AM SO CLUMSY AND PLAIN' even the bit where she nearly got ripped to shreds wasn't that interesting.
I gave up trying to read them all when whilst reading New Moon I was just reading months of the year. The fact that she actually became comatose for months just because her boyfriend left annoys me to,what kind of message is that sending out to girls? that you have to have a man to be complete.
Edward is far from the perfect boyfriend ,I really don't like how he's held up as this ideal man. I found his character to be slightly controlling tbh.

I don't really remember much of Jacob from reading the book apart from the bit with the truck and the beach party thing Bella went to. However if Taylor Lautner wasn't so damn perfect I'd probably fancy him loads,like if he lost the tan and grew a bit of facial hair ahh he's just too pretty if you get me.

Oh the bit where Edward leaves is one of my favourite parts of all the books. I have been there, felt so lost because a relationship ended and just existed rather than lived - every time I read it I feel her pain and have to have a little cry lol.

And yes Edward is a bit controlling at first because he is trying to protect Bella, but if you read all the books you see how she deals with it and makes him realise he is being unreasonable.

I agree where others have said that they aren't the best written books but for me the story more than makes up for it :thumbup:

I really couldn't put myself through the torture of reading any more of that series. From what I read there really wasn't much of a plot/story at all.
I think the gist of it is
Bella moves to Forks,Meets Edward,he ignores her,then saves her,then ignores her,then they get together,they play some baseball,evil vampire tries to kill bella,edward saves her. The Cullens throw her a birthday party,she gets a papercut (Edwards brother is like oooooh nom), so Edward decides its way to dangerous to be around Bella,Then he runs away,she goes all physco and tries to get herself in harms way to hear his voice, Jacob saves her from drowning. Edward goes to Italy (it looked like Italy in the film trailer) to reveal his sparkley ass self in front of the important vampire guys because he thinks Bella has killed herself. Then I think she was like 'ahh who shall I chose' with Edward and Jacob and then Edward finally sexed her up and she had some sort of demon child which Jacob was like 'I'm a have a piece of that' and imprinted on her or something and then I think there was a battle of sorts.

I get the whole love story but I really can't get into a romance novel if it's not well written and the plot is basic at best. I hate Bella as a leading character to,she's so one dimensional imo. However each to their own,not everyone's going to like the same thing.
I just wish Twilight wasn't regarded as this brilliant literary love story because it's far from that.

Also if you haven't check out this guy on youtube -Nerimon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L253VLwH3w ,
he read the whole first book and posted his opinion on each chapter although Charlie(charlieissocoollike) did one chapter in a challenge charlie video.
I found it highly entertaining and funny (pretty much what I think,in a more funny way)

I prefer Edward in the books and Jacob in the movies. Hello, barely legal Native American!

Rob Pattinson is a good Edward Cullen, IMO but he looked best in Twilight and New Moon. In Eclipse his looks seem to deplete and I guess we will see in Breaking Dawn! Jacob always looks the same :haha:

Edward in the books is much more appealing than Jacob, and I don't think they play that out very well in the movies. Rob just portrays his as this sulking, overthinking vampire who loves Bella, and while that's true, he forgets the happy side of Edward when he is WITH Bella. It's like Edward is emo or something :wacko: I also hate how they don't portray how courteous he is, especially of the Jacob love triangle, he is always the more mature one because he's over a HUNDRED years old! As Jacob is only a 16 year old boy, of course he is going to be less understanding.

As for good literature, I think the Twilight Saga is written very well, especially for the age group it's written for. I wouldn't expect a Shakespearean play for 13-17 year olds. Also, I admire Stephenie Meyer because she is a SAHM and she said it took Twilight a long time to write because of the duties she juggled as a mother of 3 boys.

I think it's weird that a person would come onto this thread with a bunch of literature just to say "I don't get this story, it's not a good read".

I liked the Twilight books. Definitely liked them better than the movies.

Yes I like the films but love the books. I think they made Edward too intense in the films, you don't see much of his sense of humour that comes across in the books.

Team Edward. Although, I do not admit he is physically attractive but like his attitude in the movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->