Team Jelly Belly!!!

hey rhonda, sucks about the pay cut, but yay - an extra day off - I'm quite jealous really!

(is it wrong that a bit of me can't wait to have a baby so I can take maternity leave? - 6 months at 75% pay sounds great to me! - hurry up BFP!!)

Yes the extra day off will be nice but the $400 a month that I will be loosing is going to hurt like hell!! But maybe its gods way of showing me we can live on less and I can actually do this stay at home mom thing in the summer? Time will tell I suppose. Caroline (I hope I got your name right, my brain is mush lately :)) you get 75% pay??? WOW here in the states we get nadda, unless we file for short term disability, but then that isn't even close to 75% so you are very lucky girl!!!

wow choc?!!? 75% pay thats amaaaaaaaazing!! I get sweet FA now :( jst SMA from Govt whihich is ok, better than nothing xx

hey rhonda, sucks about the pay cut, but yay - an extra day off - I'm quite jealous really!

(is it wrong that a bit of me can't wait to have a baby so I can take maternity leave? - 6 months at 75% pay sounds great to me! - hurry up BFP!!)

I just reread this.....you get 6 months off??? HOLY HELL...I am moving to the UK :rofl: we only get 3 months off over here.

Oh yeah i knew it i am so excited for you. Congrats. So very excited. I have not even read the rest of the entry's because I had to say congrats.

Hey girls, wow 6 months off! I am so jealous!

So i just wanted everyone to know i invited over a friend of mine from a thread i started a while ago, and gabs actually knows her too. Her name is MT for short and she is ttc and has been for a bit and our thread dwindled down to just the two of us and we are lonely over there! She will be on the next time she gets on and she is so sweet, thanks!

Well ok now that I had time to read.
R-good news about no call back from possible infection. Hope the one extra day off does not hurt you guys too bad but glad you get more rest time. If your heart rate is up tonight even if you get stressed call the dr tomorrow no matter what ok.
I can not even think I am just so excited. So who is left then? Me Debs,Ashley, Chococat, Sarah and Ashely's new friend who will be here soon right? Did I forget anyone? Pretty soon we will have to move this thread over to the pregnancy area because we will all be knocked up. Sarah starts trying in May so that is right around the corner and the rest of us are all gonna get knocked up all at once :rofl: That would be so funny.

Hello! Well I am hoping to join you lovely ladies here since it's just me and Ashley in the other thread...it's nice to get invited to another place! I haven't fully caught up yet, so I hope to do that next time I get on here. Can't wait to get to know you all! :hug:

Can't wait to get to know you too. I will start off with my introduction.
My name is Sara. I have a 2 year old son and his father and I just got married on August 30,2008. We were hoping to get pregnant right away so I stopped the pill on 8-13-08. I did not Ovulate that cycle and had a 77 day cycle with AF brought on by provera. So far this cycle I am on CD 73 going on 74 with no O and only evaps on HPTs. I might go to the drs next week but a part of me wants to wait until my body brings on AF by its self. Nice to meet you and I hope you get your BFP real quick. This group is great because even when you do get your BFP you can still stay here with us.

fuhh!! ok this is going to be quite a long post :D

I couldn't hold it in, so i texted DH who was at his meeting saying that maybe we should test, i'm late and my hormones are going crazy as my face is full of zits. DH arrived home at 1.30am and woke me up, bouncing on the bed going "test! test! test!!" :rofl:

So i groggily woke up, grabbed a pee stick, did my thing, put the stick on the table and told him "watch".

for the next 10 minutes, he kept looking at the stick then the instruction pamphlet, then back at the stick and kept giving me hugs and kisses going "is it really true???"

:rofl: his reaction was simply priceless. So today, I went to see my Dr, and she got all excited, and gave me this little scan as a congratulatory gift, LOL!!

I'm exactly 4 weeks pregnant as of today (10/9/09). My little bean has just implanted and is so tiny I could barely make it out on the screen! So i've put a little yellow circle around it for you all to see :D

Ashley, I started seriously trying since June 08.. so that would be.. 6 months of ttc :happydance:

R, sorry bout work, hope it all works out for the best :hugs:

oops, got a phone call, be back and post more soon!!

Attachments

• scan at 4 weeks 2.jpg
    scan at 4 weeks 2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 18
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek how cool is ur dr??? how come they ca scan u at the surgery :( swe have to go to hospital :sad: thats amazing that u seen ur lil beanie already :dance:

Wow, that is awesome you got a scan already! What a great Doc!!! Congrats hun! :hug:

Congrats on getting a scan and confirmation already. I thought I got a scan early at 6 weeks :rofl: So precious how your DH was so excited and had to read the instructions to make sure he was reading the test right :rofl: when I took a test for Sebastian it was one of the + or - tests and a + sign came up right away really dark and I showed DH (who had stolen my chips and was hiding from me BTW so i had to find him first) he looked at the test that was shaking in my hand and said "So that means you're PG right? " I nodded and he said Ok" mind you we had only be dating for 4 months :rofl:

Ok so i have some hope left then! 6 months, not bad! I am on month number 4 so i hope it only takes 6 months for me! Have a great weekend ladies, i am so glad you joined over here mt and i am about to join you in the tww! glad about your news as well :)
Well off to the gym with Dh to play some raquetball and then out for some frozen yogurt and then we are renting movies to relax on this rainy day!

CONGRATS LIYANA!!!!!!!! I'm so friggin excited for you!!

Sara and Ashley, don't give up hope!!

Chocolate, I hope all is going well with TTC!

Jenna, Gabby, Rhonda and of course Liyana...I hope y'alls precious beans are doing well!

Mel Tia, Welcome and good luck TTCing!

I can't talk long bc I'm about to leave, but I thought I'd update y'all. My period is 2 days late. I'm not experiencing any insomnia (which I normally get), but I normally break out when I'm about to start AF, and I haven't at all; I have really really clear skin when I'm preggo (which I do right now). I don't really know if I should be concerned or not bc every time we had sex this month, I made Tony withdraw...so who knows. I'm never late though, so its weird. I don't think I'll test unless I'm really late. Although we don't want to be preggo right now, we wouldn't be upset I don't think. Who knows!

Yes Sarah, I hope it all works out for you and either way if ur happy or not we will never judge and will always be here for you!!!

Ashley - Keep it up babe, u dont need to worry the average is 6-8 months so my Dr told me so just relax ok? Stressing will not help u xxx

Sara - I hope :witch: pays u a visit shortly so u dont have to use drugs again. I really didnt think they were evaps as i got that after the time on my :bfp: but i guess i have been lucky and never experienced an evap before so i dont really know what they are like its just they look so pink and pretty - either way i hope it all sorts out for you xx

Meli Tia - Welcome to Jelly Belly, I hope ur TTC goes well and that you and Ash get a :bfp: this cycle together

Liyana - I am still sooo over the moon for you and hope your little beanie is ok

Gabs - hope ur beanie is nice and snug and dont worry about the hb they jst wanna check ur ok, Rhonda is rigth it only jst started beating so give her a chance :D also be thankful u saw ur bubs eh? I didnt see anything :sad2:

Rhonda - hope ur baby is doing well, still not heard from dr? must've been the cup eh. Can u feel her moving yet??

Caroline - where are u in ur cycle have u ov'd yet??

Hope u all have a great weekend, I am babysitting my nephew tonight and then going for a quick drink with the family as its someones 70th (a distant relative - dull but has to be done) Then I am home and ignoring DF cos he is now not sweet and yes Rhonda he is in fact being a nob again atm :cry: he has been very mean to me today and my parents are very shocked at his behaviour so I now know its not all in my head.....:grr:

Love you ladies xxxx

hi girls! How's all the beans doing? So many lovely beans - love your scan Liyanna!

Sorry to make you jealous about maternity leave. The UK is very generous, anyone in employment at about 15 weeks gone (roughly - I'm not sure on the details) gets about £117 a week statutory maternity pay for upto 39 weeks.

Most employers also offer 'proper' maternity pay - mine can be a combination of statutory and the stuff paid by my university - I can have 18 weeks on full pay and 21 weeks SMP or 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay then SMP for 21 weeks...It's amazing isn't it? Then I get to take my regular holiday allowance (about 38 days - trust me, working at university is great!)

I can't understand how Americans ever manage with 2 weeks holiday a year - that sucks! So do you get any maternity pay and paternity pay?
Had a long talk to my mum today about money and whether we can afford a baby - all of the above helped convince her we can! I earn about a third more then my OH, so it's a big deal that I qualify for M pay.

Now the only problem is I NEED to conceive!! My period only just finished today (ish) so going to start OPKs tomorrow. Do you think I should do one now?? I feel the urge to POAS!

I forgot (sorry, making the most of my wine drinking evenings before TTC this cycle!) Welcome TM - I only just hitchiked on this thread after Sara was so supportive on one of my threads and then I got addicted to B&B and needed somewhere to gossip!

I'm 29, a scientist. We've have been TTC for 4-5 months (this is 5th cycle). I had a late AF this month which was confusing, but nothing like what sara is going through! Me and OH have been married 2 and half years and met 5 years ago this month. We've been broody for years, but wanted to get married, live abroad (went to singapore for 18 months) and buy a house - now we're just waiting for a baby (so we really can be a happy cliche!) We have 2 black furry feline babies for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->