Team Rainbow Mummies - Gay Surrogates, Lesbian, Transgender and BiSexual TTC Group

:flower: Hello!!

I have just joined this group to look for support and TTC help, ideas etc :wink wink: My name is Jay and my partner is Emma.

I have been down the TTC path before with my Ex with no luck. We since broke up and I have a new partner and she knew how excited and how badly I want a baby and so I am back on the TTC path again :haha:

We have just found a donor and have had him off to the docs to have his tests and have had him sign a known donor agreement. So we are pretty much good to go but now I need to wait till Im ovulating. Haven't really done much charting but I have just brought some test kits so just a waiting game atm.

Have any of you done the insemination at home thing? If so how did it work for you? What have you tried?

Cheers

Jay

adrop~ the worst part. i found out she wasnt even the dr but the nurse practioner.

mm~ you were right! is she still missing in action?

emjay~ welcome! sounds like you're on the right track. my and my DW did the insem at home. and it worked for us. you can also check out these threads for help Considering at-home insemination with donor sperm...? and At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories. sorry i couldnt get the link right.

afm...excitin news! my numbers went from 276 to 8770...im so relieved. i went to my 1st U/S today. but i wont get to see the results until next week:dohh: the tech wouldnt tell me anything since my dr wanted a "urgent" U/S. but i was able to talk with the nurse and she said had there been anything wrong they would have called and told me to come in. so as of right now. im happy and on :cloud9:

Ready - so happy that your numbers came way up. Yay! :thumbup:
I read on another post that you had the maya fertility massage, may I ask where? I have had 2 fertility massages so far and would like to know how it differs from the maya one, if at all.

READY AF finally came to me, she should be happy, cause I NEVER ask for her, she was requested....

How you ladies? :wave:

AFM... Ladies!!!! CBFM in use!!! AF came midday yesterday after a LOVELY chant from JODI and other BnB ladies on some threads! I have NEVER been happier to see AF!!! Sooooo..... as it stands, DW and I calculated EVERYTHING, if we conceive this cycle, DDate will be 2 days before DD's b-day and we could see a BFP BEFORE our angel's due date! Oh the hope that we are now feeling!!!FXD!!!

Greetings! We are a happily married couple ttc our first with a known donor and at home artificial insemination. We would love to join the group. We just completed our first insemination this month and are eagerly anticipating the test results - praying for a :bfp:!!!

adrop~ thanks. well the lady that i work for swears by her. she use to be a miswife before she did training in the massage technique. she does it in-home. she started with aligning my back. then she lifted my ovaries. and aligned my uterus through my belly button. im not saying that it was the reason i got preggo but it sure couldn't have hurt. but i did feel some differences after.

mm~ WOOHOO!! im so happy she finally showed up. im hoping this is THE cycle. sending you lots of :dust:

moon~ welcome! GL & FX!

Hi, everyone. Just an update. My wifey has been having all kinds of sypmtoms - then cries because she thinks she may be imagining things and is afraid to be too hopeful. Constant tears the last two days which is not her usual at all! Then I tease her and she cries some more. Oh my! She's also been having bloating, pressure or heaviness in the pelvic region, constant thirst and increased sense of smell. Last night she HAD to have a whopper and I think she would have run me over if I stood in her way!!lol. Oh, and the last two nights she's had extremely vivid dreams which is funny because she always says she doesn't dream at all. She is acting completely different than usual and I'm hoping it's because we are actually preggers and not just the stress and emotionalism of this whole process. What do you think???? :shrug:

Please, please, please....
:crib::pink::dust::bfp:

EmJay11--- We just started the process and completed our first cycle. Definitely use the Softcups! Here's a link to all the reviews which are pretty astounding!

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/softcup.html
Best of luck to you guys!

MOONFIRE welcome, so happy to have you! GL FXD! Hope those symptoms turn into a BFP!:dust:

READY4 I sure hope this is THE cycle too, Thanks! How are you and your wife holding up today? How are you feeling?

AFM... Ladies!!!! I hope your weekends were lovely. I am almost done with AF and the CBFM is in use so I am hopeful. I am also using 1 OPK a day the ICs I have so many of so I can be sure. Still thinking about the calculations DW and I did with conceiving this cycle, DDate will be 2 days before DD's b-day and we could see a BFP BEFORE our angel's due date! all this is sticking in my head. I have been taking ONLY folic acid, prenatal, and drinking lots of water, no caffiene, green tea occassionally, resting, and exercising regularly. Leaving everything else out this cycle. FXD!!!

We tried testing last night - we know it's way too early intellectually, but just couldn't help ourselves. Of course was negative. But we are just gonna hang in there until enough time has passed. We keep our donor in the loop as well, as he is really hoping for a positive too.

We are using prenatal supplements, Fertile CM supps, OPKs, Softcup for the actual inseminations, no caffeine, watching diet, reading "Communicating with your spirit baby before conception and birth" (awesome book!), and lots of prayer and alternative methods as well. I spend all day researching and studying to find if we missed some valuable tidbit of information that could prove helpful.

Does everybody get so crazy about this? We feel kinda obsessed and some days like we've pretty much lost it. (Okay, so maybe it's more me than she)I track all her symptoms on Countdown to pregnancy and have almost gotten punched in the eye :grr:, lol-jk, for suggesting we photograph her nipples each day at the same time for s/sx of darkening,heaviness etc. :holly:

How did "let's have a baby" turn into Mr Toad's Wild Ride??? Do you find yourselves doing these things or are we truly insane? Please respond to let let us know if 1. You feel the same way or 2. We should find a good therapist asap! Thanks!!!! :hugs::hug:

moon~ its still a bit early but it does sound promising. (pictures of boobs)<--:haha: my DW wanted to do that too. trust me its completely normal we all get a little/lot crazy in ttc especially in the tww. i hope you get your :bfp:

mm~ im so excited for you! i like the low maintenance approach. we're doing ok. having a few disagreements here and there. but im sure its normal at this point. im feeling good as can be. trying to relax and stay stress free. my boobs are so sore plus the hunger is crazy! and i definitely have a bump already. i had to buy maternity jeans cause i refused to go into double digits in my regular jean size:haha: GL & FX MM!!!!!!

Hi everyone! Just checking in as I am 10 weeks today!
The nausea has lessened but I look and feel massive! I can't fit into a lot of my clothes but fortunately my sister has leant me all of her maternity clothes and my wife has given me hers too. My sister's clothes are especially goos as she has a some good choices for early pregnancy.

I am constantly holding my belly in at work - only 2 more weeks to go! I hate it, I feel like I am lying even though no-one has asked.

I have been uber ratty at home too and my wife was complaining about it. I told her that I put up and shut up with her when she was pregnant but she was disbeiliving! Fortunately her Mum put her straight!

Hope everyone is doing well, FX'ed as always for those on the 2WW!!!

MOON not crazy Hun, that is regular in TTC! COnsider yourself inducted into the TTC craziness! GL! :dust:

GAYMUM so happy to hear from you! CONGRATS on 10 wks!

READY yes, it is normal, we were the same. With the hormones raging through you, it is hard to tell what is normal and what isn't anymore. Hang in there, I can't wait till your next scan. I need some hope to hold onto as we have been trying for soooo long. I look to all of you happy preggars ladies....

AFM... AF has gone!!! Fully concentrating on calculations DW and I did with conceiving this cycle... Continuing with taking ONLY folic acid, prenatal, and drinking lots of water, no caffiene, green tea occassionally, resting, and exercising regularly. FXD!!!

Hi everybody, I am new to the group and very happy to read about people going through the same thing as me an my partner.
I have been with my other half for almost 5 years, tied the knot in September 2011. Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a mum and at 26 after having experienced everything a young person should we feel now is the time to start trying to conceive.
We are trying at home insemination using a known donor. Any advice on charting ovulation and the procedure it's self would be very much appreciated!

Hi everybody, I am new to the group and very happy to read about people going through the same thing as me an my partner.
I have been with my other half for almost 5 years, tied the knot in September 2011. Ever since I can remember I have wanted to be a mum and at 26 after having experienced everything a young person should we feel now is the time to start trying to conceive.
We are trying at home insemination using a known donor. Any advice on charting ovulation and the procedure it's self would be very much appreciated!

KRUSTY welcome! We are all very willing to help with whatever experiences we have, and there are definitely a wide range. I hope you get all the information you need and a BFP very soon! You are welcome to read my journal, which is on my siggy, I give great details. As well, for charting and temping, the best thing for me, has been fertilityfriend, I think many ladies here will agree. You can click on my chart that is in my signature and sign up for free. GL FXD!:dust:

AFM... CD7: Full concentration on calculations. Continuing to take ONLY folic acid, prenatal, and drinking lots of water, no caffiene, green tea occassionally, resting, and exercising regularly. Leaving everything else out this cycle. FXD!!!

Welcome to everyone who joined in recently, FX you all see bfps very soon!

MM~ I've got everything crossed for you Hun, I'm so excited for you, come on Valentine BFP!!! :flower:

Krusty - Welcome!!

MM - Good luck FX'd big time for ya :dust:

Mummy - Glad you are feeling better and also yay to the mum for putting your other half straight :winkwink:

Ready - Man I remember even now 15 years later how those hormones can wreck some relationship havoc, it is totally normal. So happy for you guys :happydance:

Moon - Welcome! The wait is crazy time for sure, I didn't believe it but while my partner and I werestill trying before we took a break from ttc those waits were exactly as you put it, a wild ride. Hang in there and lots of luck!

EmJay - Welcome, my partner and I have been trying (taking a break now until after the wedding..too much stress) via home insemination with known donor. We went blind our first time, second time used soft cup and that was much better. Good luck to you guys!

Pinkorblue - Great scan and great heartbeat !!

I am so happy for all these :bfp:'s I can't wait to start trying again. Have quite a few lbs to go until I am at a healthy point to try again. I have actually gained a couple of lbs lol almost didn't fit in my wedding dress at my final fitting last night! I'm so stressed the wedding is in exactly two weeks, I'm back in school full time and we are finishing up with our foster care classes and getting ready for home visits from therapists to make sure we are "fit". I can't wait to start trying again and I have my fx'd for everyone in the tww and getting ready for the tww! Good luck all!!

:dust::dust::dust:

NERDY Thanks! I hope you are back in the TTC arena soon Hun!:dust:

PINKORBLUE how are you Hun? How is are the symptoms shaping up?

READY checking on you and DW, how are things?

AFM... CD12: You can stalk my chart. Just waiting, nothing new to report. Looks like my body is gearing up to OV, donations start on Fri so I hope OV doesn't sneak up on me! Trying to keep my focus. Temps are pretty steady. I am using the CBFM and OPKs...FXD!

Arrggh! I am so cross!
I told my sis a while ago that I was expecting, and told her I was only telling our parents, my wife's parents and my Granny who is very old and may not live to see the birth.
Then I find out she has told 2 of her friends, one of whom knows me quite well and also knows other people who know me.
I told my sis I was unhappy about this and she apologised, said I didn't make it clear etc.

As far as I knew that was it, case closed.

Then yesterday when we met up she basically ambushed me and told me that I needed to apologise to her for being angry at her telling, that I had told loads of people - ie. My boss and a lady who I am friendly with at the local pharmacy. My boss I obv needed to tell as I have been sick in the mornings so I have been late sometimes, and the lady in the pharmacy I did not tell, my sis was there and actually drew attention to the fact that the vitamins I was buying were pregnancy vitamins!!!
Of course I said this to her but I was so angry! It is my pregnancy and I can tell whomever I like! She said I had hurt her feelings and that her feelings were equally valid, but I am sorry, I did not yell or shout when I found out she had been telling people, and I don't think her feelings (in this case only) are as valid as mine!

I haven't apologised, neither has she. She did speak to my wife who I had already spoken to - I needed to speak to someone just to calm down - but she isn't sorry!

She was pregnant at the same time as my wife and I had to pretty much call my Mum weekly to vent as I kept my mouth shut with both of them!

Obv I am hormonal and probably overreacting but I cannot believw someone would get cross at a pregnant woman when they are the one blabbing the news to everyone!

Ahhhh rant over! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"