Team Rainbow Mummies - Gay Surrogates, Lesbian, Transgender and BiSexual TTC Group

Hi everyone!!!:hi:
I'm so glad I found this thread!! I was sure that had to be something for the LGBT community! I'm 34 and my wife is 31, and I am the one geting pregnant first. I'm the one in the black jacket in the picture. :winkwink: We had our first attempt last month and got a BFN :bfn:, and we will be trying again at the beginning of April. I just started drinking FertiliTea and taking FertileCM and FetilAid, so we will see if that helps. I am very excited to try this time with the help of instead cups. Feel free to read my journal and stalk me!!! :happydance: Good luck everyone!!! :dust:

Ok since we are getting close to achieving the TTC date I have a few questions...

What are some of the things I can do to make sure my body is the perfect place for my up and coming lil' bean? I'm about three months away from the TTC date.

About the donor, even if we use a friend; is there any place we can go to make sure our rights as the parents are protected? We want the surrogate to have nothing to do with our child, until the baby gets 18 and chooses to make their own descisions.

Do we pay the donor anything?

And in general if we are doing an at home insem, what do we need and what are the general costs? I feel like a cheapskate asking that questions :haha:

Anyother information ya'll may have let me know. My missus is kinda freaking out and I know that if I have information for her it will help.

Ein, start prenatals now. If you take them three months before conception, specifically folic acid, it decreases the chances of neural tube defects. If you take them longer, even better. I'm drinking FertiliTea and taking FertileCM and FertilAid. That actually has the folic acid you need and can be taken instead go prenatals, and that's straight from my midwife. My midwife looked at the ingredients in these supplements and said they would help. And I would start tracking your cycle and the day you surge now.

As for the donor, it depends on which route you go. If it's through a sperm bank,the contracts should be signed already. If its a friend or a known donor, have a contract filled out and have them get an std check. It doesnt matter how good of a friend you are, get a contract to protect yourself. No one is going to know how they will feel until the baby is born. Our known donor is going to have an uncle role in our children's lives, but we are still doing a contract. He is donating to two other ladies too, and he will be coparenting with them, as they are single mothers and that is what they want. We have met the other ladies and are going to raise opall our kids like extended family.

Again payment is up to you. We aren't paying our donor a dime. Some people do to make it more of a business transaction. I read on one website that you should pay one dollar just so there was payment for the service.

Home insemination is relatively cheap. You will need OPK's, syringes(we use 10cc ones), containers for the semen(I work at an obgyn so I bring home sterile specimen cups), pressed is a good idea, and pillows to prop up on. A lot of people use the instead cups also to keep the sperm from leaking out, and we are going to try that this cycle. And try for that orgasm!!

Just remember, it can be a weird and uncomfortable process at first. Keep your eyes on the prize!!

My wife and I are not on try #2...this time was extremely different than the 1st. I found the 1st round I drove myself CRAZY with every feeling i thought I felt...We also didn't get a positive opk the first time around but still inseminated around the time I had calculated ovulation to be. THIS TIME we got our first positive and we inseminated that night and for the next 2 nights.

We are using the instead cups and pre seed. I just slide the cup right in with the sample and kind of rub my finger around pushing the sperm against the area where my cervix is. We dont seem to get a large enough sample to suck up with a syringe.

We are using a known donor, ad have a signed contract! I was preg. about 6 years ago and the baby stopped growing before the 1st trimester was complete. SO at least out of that experience I know I can GET pregnant.

<3 Fingers crossed. and any tips of suggestions or even love...appreciated!!

xo and baby dust to everyone on this incredible site.

WOW RosiePo, that is exactly what happened my first time around. I was driving my DW insane with the "signs" I thought I was feeling:shrug:, and then my very on time period was four days late. I never got a positive OPK last time:nope:, and we just did it around the time it should have been. I'm glad it's not just me! :blush: I just bought the cups, and we are going to practice with them before we ge our sample. We do get enough for a syringe, usually about 4.5cc. :spermy: I am trying to decide it we should do syringe and then cup or all syringe. Hmmm.... Anyway, good luck you you!!! :dust::dust:

My period was over a week late last time, and i ended up at emergency with what i thought was an ectopic pregnancy. I am VERY regular so for me to be over a week late for AF and the sharp pains I was having.....it was terrible. When i finally did get AF it was very different than usual and didnt last long at all.

Fingers crossed that this is the time!!!!!! :) and fingers crossed for you as well

Thanks!! Yeah, my DW didn't much wanna get the cups but I talked her into it. :happydance: I had a lot of abdominal pain after we inseminated, so I was hoping. I hope I don't have that this time. I just started my OPK's this morning cause I don't wanna miss it!! I was going to just do two inseminations, one when I get my first positive OPK and then the day after. I just heard it goes better if you wait for the spermies to build back up. :shrug: Now I'm wondering if we should try to squeeze in three times. :|

the cups are great....you dont even feel them...and its just the extra guarantee :) as long as you dont stress at all and you keep your mind occupied with other things....realizing that if it doesnt work....its only really from that time that you know a couple more weeks until you try again :) it doesnt seem as bad that way. im impatient.....as all hell!!!!

My opk only came up positive around 2-3pm each day....everyones surge is different. so you should check in the afternoon AND evening. morning is a bad time to check :)

and as far as the sperm building up...i read that thats actually inaccurate....yay!

I'm trying not to stress, but it's hard with all the crap happening!! :wacko: I think I never got a surge last time cause I was so stressed out. :nope: But I'm going to try and stay chill and calm this month. Just gonna love on my DW. :hugs:I'm drinking my FertiliTea :coffee:, and taking my supplements like a good girl. My donor is good for whenever. I'm excited about the cups!!! Here's hoping this is the month for all of us!!! :dust::dust:

Jen and Rosie...Good LUCK!

I am waiting to ovulate now and it is so frustrating because I am not sure when it is supposed to happen. The first day of my period was the 20th...and today is the 26th...so who knows, but so far, all negatives. How long does it usually take to show up positive? I got the cup that everyone was talking about and I'm excited to use it cause it seems like a great idea...holds the semen right where it needs to be. We practiced with it once and the only thing I'm worried about is making sure it gets around my cervix where it needs to be when the semen is in it...so hopefully it falls right into place and I do it right. When I finally do test positive, I am going to try to inseminate in the morning and at nigh, before and after my donor goes to and comes home from work. We plan on doing this the first day we test positive for ovulation and for the two days after that...so 3 days. Hope we catch it! I'm worried that I'm going to miss my ovulation though!

Rosie- You mentioned that you shouldn't test for ovulation in the morning? I heard that is when your urine is the strongest due to sleeping all night which would make it the best time to test I would think...so that is incorrect? I should be testing later in the day? I usually test in the morning and in the later afternoon...but I am the kind of person who is ALWAYS drinking something and heard you should lay off drinking something for a bit and test 2 hours after you are not drinking anything to make sure you are getting a good sample of urine...so I'm not sure when to test or if I am getting a good sample. Wish there was more of a road map with all this haha.

I know you can be negative for your surge in the morning and then surge later on in the day, but since you should surge for two days, I would think you should catch it the next morning. Who ever thought getting preggers would be so difficult? :shrug: I kept having problems with my stick, like it would malfunction after I peed on it. So, I'm using the smiley face sticks, but I'm peeing in a specimen cup so if there's a stick malfunction, I still have some pee to test!! :test: I just wanna see that big ole smiley face on my stick!!! :laugh2: Here's to BFP's to all of us!!! :bfp: :dust::dust:

I know right! People 'accidentally' get pregnant all the damn time and then there are a bunch of us who are trying and just can't seem to catch it or continue to get negatives haha.

I originally started just peeing on the stick but decided that I better use a cup in case there is an error on the stick. I am using two different ovulation tests so hopefully one of them catch it!

I know! It's crazy! I really want a Christmas baby!!!:xmas6: Here's hoping. I should start tring the beginning of April. :sex::spermy: Just waiting on the smiley!! :dust:

I second that Christmas baby! Though I live in Michigan so if it is a Christmas baby, I hope the snow isn't to crazy on delivery day...no one wants to rush to the hospital in a snow storm! According to the ovulation calendar that I am watching to decide when I ovulate, if I conceive this time (first time) my baby would be due on Christmas day...which would actually kind of suck but the day after Christmas cause that's my dad's birthday. I am kinda hoping for twins since I am a fraternal twin...but for right now, I'll just be happy with a healthy pregnancy in general.

OMG, we can be TTC buddies, my wheel says I will be due on Christmas Day or the day after too!!!!! :xmas2: My DW would love twins, as would I but what will happen will happen. :oneofeach: I guess we will all know soon!!! :kiss:

:hi: to all the new ladies. i wish you much luck on your journey to mommyhood:baby:

how are my longtime BnB friends doing??? mm, mommy, pinkorblue, an and rl

afm: this kid is already trouble. when we went for our last U/S the bump(as we are refering to it) moved everytime the tech got close up. and then decided to push its head into my pelvic bone. but we did finally hear the heartbeat. there's definitely only one in there but its a big one. which means im huge!

Attachments

• 12weeks6days.jpg
    12weeks6days.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79