Team Rainbow Mummies - Gay Surrogates, Lesbian, Transgender and BiSexual TTC Group

MORRIANG there are soooo many reasons why you should wait to test, but being that this is your 1st attempt, I am sure we all know you won't wait so since insem was the 1st, I would agree with MYALWAYS and say the 14th. GL :dust:

babymaking~ congrats...FX for a :bfp: i would say that was quite rude what your friend had to say.

mm~ :hi: im definitely leaning toward a boy but of course everyone is hoping for a girl. but i know i dont care either way as long as it's healthy.

pinkorblue~ hi! im happy you are well. so excited to know boy or girl!

afm~ sadly i have to go to genetic counseling. test showed that i carry the trait/have sickle cell anemia. they haven't really explained it yet but have scheduled my appt for the 25th. but as of right now the bump is measuring good and has a strong heartbeat. and of course loves to move around ALOT:haha:

remember to stay positive ladies.

Hello all in the forum we are new here and we are trying to conceive #2. We have a 5 year old daughter already that was conceived thru home ai using donor sperm from a bank, but this time we will be using a donor that we found on known donor registry. We go for our first insem at the end of the month as long as AF comes on time this month. T minus 2 days and counting. :thumbup: Anywho we are extrememly nervous for some reason I mean I cant sleep have been having wierd dreams when I do finally make it to bed. We are hoping that we will be able to make it happen the first time, although i guess everyone probably feels the same way. :hugs: So exited for everyone who is TTC and i wish :dust: for all of us

Sadly, my water broke early Friday morning and Azriel Aiden was born 4/14/12 at 8:55am, at 20 weeks and 1 day and he lived for just under an hour. He was so strong, he survived the night and Saturday morning with no fluid at all. We planned for the first time and prayed for baby and we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy. We'll never forget him and will always love him.

Ready~ Glad all is well with your little one and I hope the test comes back just fine.

Pinkorblue- I am so very sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

My partner and I tested last friday which was 1 dpo. The test was negative. As this is our first month of trying, I'm not exactly sure the number of days that are in my cycle so I am not sure what day af is supposed to come. According to an app I have on my iphone that helps monitor fertility, I chose the option of a 28 day cycle as that is what they have listed as average. I ovulated about 2 days earlier then the app said I would based on when my last period had started so I think I'm maybe like a 26th day cycle maybe...so if I'm a 26 day cycle, af should have been today but hasn't happened so far. If I'm a 28 day cycle, it would be on tuesday the 17th...so I guess we'll see. My gf has been out of town all weekend and I was instructed that I better not test without her this weekend...she gets back tonight and we will be testing monday morning which will be 16 dpo...fingers are crossed and hoping for the best. I honestly don't feel pregnant, don't feel any different then normal but one of my friends who just had her first baby said she didn't feel pregnant either and was surprised when they got their positive so I hope this is also the case with us. I'll let ya guys know :)

Also, my friend who I just spoke of informed me that her doctor recommended that they use clomid even though they ovulate regularly but because they are doing insemination at home and later eventually did IUI. Is anyone else taking clomid because if we are unsuccessful this month, I may look into it for next month. I looked it up online and many people say that they have a hard time getting it prescribed if they have no obvious fertility issues such as not ovulating...others say they just buy it from over seas and it has worked for them. Any thoughts on this or experience?

~PinkorBlue I am truly sorry to hear about your loss I will definitely keep your family in my prayers.

Well, we took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative...then two hours later AF showed up so better luck next time.

Pinkorblue11- Words cannot say how sorry I am for your loss, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hello, new here...I've been reading boards for going on 5mos now. First off I want to say how happy I am to have found this board, I don't feel so alone now. I have laughed and cried with all of you. I guess I should tell a little abt myself...my partner and I have been together for just over 7 yrs and have just gotten to the point of ttc in dec of 2011, (I have heart issues or we would've started earlier). We have gone through 4 medicated IUIs and all BFN. My RE started me on femera for two cycles then moved to clomid with nothing. We will be starting a clomid mixed with injectables on the 18th. I don't have any other issues and we are both at a loss as to why it has t taken yet. I just hope we all get our BFP we all are wishing/praying for soon.

pinkorblue~ no words can express my sadness for you and your family. i just can never understand why this happens. if you need to talk i am here to listen. you all are in my prayers. :hugs:

morriang~ stay positive it will happen:winkwink:

Hello i thought id join in too on this site I have been lurking for a couple of days. My wife and I are currently trying to find our donor and have been speaking a few nice guys so fingers crossed I can tell you all out our journey of TTC in the next few months. Im so excited its unreal.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, everyone. I hope you all get your sticky bfps very soon.

I appreciate that, Ready. :hugs:

Well I started 100mg of clomid last night and will continue till cd7 then start hmg injections cd8,9,10 and have an u/s on cd10. I'm trying not to stress over it but I can't help it. We've had 4 IUIs now and nothing...it just makes me feel like I've failed. I started talking to my gf last night about what steps we want to take if this doesn't work. Her response was, " stop stressing over all of this, it will happen when god wants it too". Ummm...I KNOW THIS, but it's hard to not think about all the possibilities, to feel guilty that I haven't made my gf a mon yet. Ok sorry had to vent and now I've got to get back to work. I hope you all have a good day and sending lots of baby dust!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, everyone. I hope you all get your sticky bfps very soon.

PINKORBLUE My dear dear TTC Buddy and future Bump Buddy! I am sooo VERY sorry to hear this new :hugs: I know, I just know words cannot express how deeply saddened this news makes me personally.:cry: There are no words that I can say to ease the pain that you and your family are going through, but I do want you to know that I am here whenever in whatever capcity I can be. Please give hugs and condolences to yourself, DH, and your family Hun! I know that you and I will soon have our sticky BFP and forever baby! :hugs:

PINKORBLUE My dear dear TTC Buddy and future Bump Buddy! I am sooo VERY sorry to hear this new :hugs: I know, I just know words cannot express how deeply saddened this news makes me personally.:cry: There are no words that I can say to ease the pain that you and your family are going through, but I do want you to know that I am here whenever in whatever capcity I can be. Please give hugs and condolences to yourself, DH, and your family Hun! I know that you and I will soon have our sticky BFP and forever baby! :hugs:

:hugs: :cry: :hugs: I like the sound of that, a forever baby.. Thank you my friend. The support I've received from friends and family has been really helpful. I'm planning a balloon release for what would have been his due date, Aug 31st. We're hoping to start ttc again after that. I'm praying for both of us and our sticky bfps. :hugs:

PINKORBLUE- The balloon release sounds like such a nice way to mark a tough day. You are incredible to still be on this board offering support to other women. I hope your forever baby find you very soon. :hugs:

AFM- I was hoping to be a first-try wonder. But nope, so here's hoping for a BFP in May. It's hard to believe it's ever going to happen because I just want it so so badly, and have been waiting such a long time. It is somehow inconceivable to imagine pregnancy becoming a reality.

A few questions to throw out there- How does everyone handle the 2ww? I lived my life as if I was pregnant- no unusual exercise, lifting, alcohol, caffeine, soft cheese, etc. I felt so jiffed of all these favourite things when AF arrived. Do you all act as though you're pregnant during the 2ww?

Also, thinking ahead- my partner really wants the baby's sex to be a surprise and I really want to know ASAP. She thinks we can both have our own way- me knowing the sex and just not telling her, calling the baby 'chicken nugget' or something. I am dubious. Has anyone ever heard of that?

pondhopper~ the first time around i acted as if i was already preggo and i wasnt all that relaxed. the second time around i was still cautious but i went about my normal routine. but i still relaxed and stayed stress free as much as possible. i will admit that i had a few glasses of wine (red only) but all in moderation and definitely no hard alcohol. i had just enough to relax me when i got to worked up over what was going on. as far as knowing the sex. not sure how that would work but i do know couples who have done it. personally i HAVE to know just so i can be prepared and get things ready. GL & FX!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->