Team Yellow Question

We've not found out. It was lovely finding out for ourselves with Kaya, we even had it in our birth plan that no one should tell us the sex, that we be allowed to find out for ourselves.

We are not finding out the sex :) Im not buying clothes for the 1st year lol. I am just nuyin some yellow stuff for the 1st couple of months... People always buy you clothes the colour of the sex once your baby is born. I have always bought yellow or green clothes anyway in all my previous pregnacies cos they can never be 100% sure when it comes to the gender and scans. I also bought lots of reds and oranges too! I am not one for thee conventional pink for girls and blue for boys anyway :)

We don't want to know - I want my husband to turn to me and tell me what we've had, and then to tell the family. It's his job and I'll be too knackered! :rofl:

Colours etc we've picked a farmyard theme so lots of Yellows and greens and the clothes will be unisex whites, yellows, greens, oranges and neutral beiges and browns. I think they work on so many levels and I'm sure we'll get lots of gifts of clothes once they're here. (Im a little worried about this as I've gotten so picky of late about what we're going to have I'm worried I'll seem ungrateful...I just have a specific taste....hope that's not a bad thing?) Also, we're planning on re-using a lot of the early-on stuff when were have no.2 (hopefully!) so want to make sure it's flexible.

my partner and I also thought it would be nice to have our first as a suprise, we get so much pressure from family saying 'oh just find out, how are we supposed to buy you anything if we dont know?' but there are lots of nice neutral coloured clothes etc I know its abit early since im only 5 1/2 months but i couldnt help but buy most of the bits and peices already and i havent found it difficult. I have some lime, lemon, beige, cream, white and grey items... sound dull to some but i have never been fond of the classic idea of pink & blue and my partner likes all the items too ^_^

I am very impatient and really want to know but to me it's half the fun, guessing and seeing if my instinct is right!

I'm not into blue for boys, pink for girls really, anyway. I love bright colours for both, and we like rock/tattoo styles too so we have bright red, orange, bright green, black with skull prints... all sorts!

My sister recently gave me loads of my nephew's old clothes which I'm sorting through and washing now. A lot of it is blue but even from that there's stuff I'd be happy to put on a girl. I'll just buy her a badge that says 'I'm a girl!'

We already have a boy and a girl, so we wanted a surprise this time even though I think were having a boy because of the ball shapes I saw on the scan pics.......I had nothing left from last time so have started over and have got leopard print, cow patterns, dalmation, spots, stars, stripes, grey, red, white, green 'nature baby' babygrows and a beautiful moses basket in a brown plain background fabric with a stripes and spot design in red, blue, yellow, pink and light green......it's gorgeous!!

I hate frilly pink fluffiness on girls, though I like funky pink outfits and detest car themes for boys.....my baby will be groovy!:rofl:

Even got an Elvis and Beastie Boys babygrows from a friend, which are fab!

We decided not to find out, as we think for our first it's nice not to know.
I heard someone describe it as 'natures only true surprise' which changed my mind really, and I am normally so practical that for once in my life I want the surprise and DH is adamant that he doesn't want to know.

Trouble is we are both convinced it's a boy, that I now have to work hard at thinking girl thoughts for the rest of the pregnancy. Though each time I say it could be a girl to DH he says it's a boy! only time will tell!

Beyond the fact that I truly wanted a surprise I have also heard of too many mix ups to trust it 100% and so it wouldn't affect what I was buying anyway. I already knew of a client a few years ago who had a boy when expecting a girl and I very recenty heard these 2 stories...

My friend R. got told his girlfriend was expecting a baby girl so they bought lots of pink clothes, painted the room pink, named her Eva, even had a cot made with her name carved into it!! Anyway R. texted everybody after the birth with a photo of his new baby SON!!!!

Also there is a girl on here Mummi2b that was expecting a boy and just had a girl which I thought was even rarer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->