Team Yellow Question

LousMom

Mommy of 2 princesses
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :)

I'm just so curious --- how do you do it? :) I mean, maybe I'm nosey or too much of a planner... but I cannot imagine not knowing the sex of the baby! Do you wait to buy all the clothes? Or ok with a boy being in yellow for the 1st year or a girl in green for a year?

We felt that we wanted a surprise on the delivery day so we asked the doc and the technician not tell us the sex of the baby.

As for baby clothes, there's lots of different colours out there. ;)

We dont want to know the sex of our baby until the birth, but i can understand why people want to know. I am loving red clothes, and yellow is nice too. I think they'll be lots of people shooting off to get the sex appropriate clothing as soon as we announce it so am not to worried about buying that many clothes.

I'm not planning on buying too many clothes at first. And since I want the babies room to have a nature or animal theme, and not a princess or sports theme, I'll be okay on that too. It's a little exciting not knowing the sex and everyone has their opinions on what I'm having and it's funny to hear all the old wives tales.

I've got some clothes to take to hospital with me etc (white/cream) and some for home for the few days after and will have a spree and buy the rest (or DH will lol) when we know what it is! Its exciting not knowing!

I never really thought of doing it any other way... we plan to buy some basic neutral sleepsuits and stuff to do us for the first few weeks or months then go out and get gender specific stuff as we need bigger sizes. Have a sneaky feeling friends and family are going to go nuts buying us stuff as soon as he or she arrives anyway!

Hi i didn't want to know so other half found out and last Friday one of his Family members opened her BIG mouth i was really upset about it as i love the surprise but now i know and i'm happy with what it is (Blue lol) but still peed off with her!

We would never have had it any other way and I am the world sbiggest planner lol. Our nursery is yellow with a jungle theme and all the sleep suits and vests i have brought are white/cream, although I have a couple of red/dotty/stripey ones in mind). I know that as soon as LO is born we and others will go mad on clothes so they can be gender specific ones :)

I want that suprise on delivery day and I want Shaun to be able to tell all our friends and family, think it gives him a very important job to do :D

Same, I'm just picking up bits and bobs of newborn and 0-3 in neutral colours, which will be used with future siblings (hopefully!) and then will buy specific clothes after baby is born and I'm sure all our family and friends will do the same. Matalan have some gorgeous neutral baby stuff!

Well I have bought every colour in pastels apart from blue or pinks!
lots of nuetrals like beiges and creams too.

I wouldnt mind knowing but OH doesnt want to and wants to keep the surprise so I gave into him as he is having a hard time getting used to the idea anyways.

But I would like to ask on my next scan and just not tell OH. I think I can keep that secret.. and still go on the nuetral theme.
I have bought everything I need now anyways. :o)

Someone said to me, "where else in life do you get a surprise like this?" and I think she's right. Our families are going to go nuts buying stuff, LOL so it's not an issue.

Our hospital doesn't tell you (although you can go elsewhere for a private scan), so that takes the temptation out of it. At the end of the day we're having a neutral theme for the nursery, we've picked the furniture and buggy, and none of that is sex-specific, so it's just a few babygros. No biggie :baby:

I would love to know the sex,but think once I find out I will be dissapointed I know.I think waiting until the day will be great.it is very frustrating not been able to buy clothes that are for boys and girls.but I'll have that fun bit when the baby arrives.they do some nice White and cream clothes too.only 14 weeks tomorrow and I'll know .woo hoo

I don't like pink stuff anyway! Bit of a tomboy myself, and couldn't imagine making a girl wear pink like my mum used to do to me... and to be honest, not a lot of boys stuff here is in blue either... mostly beige/cream/whites... Bedroom is going to be white with a cool range I've seen in Ikea that has drawings of animals not unlike Quentin Blake's illustrations, lots of fun and will last longer than cute stuff I hope!

with my 2 i didnt have the option of knowing until birth as the hospital wouldnt tell you. the only way to find out was to pay, again this wasnt an option. as for clothes i bought a few girl bits and a few boy bits BUT was adamant if they were girls my mum was having them.

but i wont be staying yellow this time.

I didn't get a chance to read all these responses until just now - what awesome reasons! I guess I just never thought of it all that way, now I understand more :)

Thank you everyone - and thanks for asking the question LousMom!

I have been changing my mind about this ever since I found out we were expecting - but mostly leaning towards finding out purely for the practical reasons. Hearing all your stories has made me realise that is not necessary - and the world's best surprise is a much more attractive option

Thanks!
:hug:

I dont think anything would be able to beat that feeling when I give birth and they announce what it is!!!!!! Its tempting to know but we can work around colors so we chose to be surprised.

having found out with bub #2 it was nice to be organised but we didnt with #3 and we loved having a suprise so now with #4 its a suprise again and we just have enough clothing for the first week or so then once bubs is born go on a big shopping spree for pink or blue clothes (plus people always buy clothes as gifts)also i think having a suprise gives you something extra to look forward to at the end of the pain lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->