• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teen mom last night

I wonder what happened to the girls on the last 16 and pregnant?? I don't want them to do a "Teen Mom" series for them though.. I like the 4 moms they have on now.

Me too! I don't want them to do another spin off of them... but I kind of wish they would do an update special on some of them.

Here's an article I just found.. Thought you might be interested.

Teen Mom’ Births More Backlash, As Hometown Disowns Amber
by Adam Buckman
Oct 19th, 2010 | 11:15 AM | Comments 205
The Indiana hometown of an out-of-control MTV ‘Teen Mom’ wants her to clean up her act – or take a hike.

At least one local store in Anderson, Ind. (pop. 56,000) has banned film crews from the MTV docu-soap, while the local newspaper blasted the cable channel and cast member Amber Portwood (who’s no longer technically a teen at age 20).

The Herald Bulletin even urged its readers in a fiery editorial earlier to confront Amber when they see her to admonish her for her behavior, which the paper feels is damaging the reputation of Anderson.

“’Teen Mom’ is not the national image Anderson wants,” the newspaper thundered. “The next time you see our teen mom in the store, point out that she is hurting this city.” Alluding to some of Amber’s on-screen antics, the piece said, “We don’t push our loved ones down stairs. We don’t take pride that our teenage girls are 16 and pregnant. We don’t all drop out of high school.”

The violence described in the editorial refers to ‘Teen Mom’ episode in which Amber, who was first introduced to MTV audiences on ‘16 and Pregnant,’ appeared to have struck her baby daughter’s father, Gary Shirley, kicking him in the back as he fled down a flight of stairs. The Bulletin says that Anderson police are investigating the incident as an assault.

Meanwhile, the owner of an Anderson candy store that has hosted scenes for ‘Teen Mom’ is so disgusted with Amber and the show that he has banned her from his shop, says Life & Style Magazine. The glossy currently features Amber and baby Leah on its cover with the headline, “Out-of-Control Monster!”

“My stomach actually rolled while watching ‘Teen Mom,’” said the Anderson candy man, Randy Good. “Amber was filmed in the store, but now she’s gone – for good. I thought it was just awful. And because she’s local, it somehow made it worse.”

The Bulletin really let MTV have it too. “MTV’s line of defense in airing [the violent incident] is self-serving and disgusting,” wrote the newspaper’s editorialist, who then quoted a statement from an MTV spokeswoman: “Our role in ‘Teen Mom’ is to document how incredibly challenging and difficult being a teen parent is. In this particular instance, we monitored the situation to make sure no one was in imminent danger and that the child was not there.”

“We imagine ‘monitoring’ involved a camera crew smiling and rejoicing that they caught the fight on tape,” the indignant editorial sniped.

Suddenly, the teen moms of MTV are everywhere, including on the covers of celebrity weeklies. But should these teen moms really be celebrated in this way? Do the magazine covers and the show itself send the wrong message, that somehow it’s OK – even aspirational or rewarding – to become pregnant at such a young age? What do you think?

Just rolling my eyes at that article. Good for them telling Amber her behaviour isn't okay.. but:

Suddenly, the teen moms of MTV are everywhere, including on the covers of celebrity weeklies. But should these teen moms really be celebrated in this way? Do the magazine covers and the show itself send the wrong message, that somehow it’s OK – even aspirational or rewarding – to become pregnant at such a young age? What do you think?

Ummm tabloids are full of who's in rehab and who's getting divorced... should we be aspiring for any of those things? No, I don't think so personally.

For decades there's been such a strong negative attitude around pregnant teenagers. TBH because I am a mother, and I was a "teen mom" I can say that MTV is not accurately depicting what it's like... they show so much bad and not very much good? It's all about the moms, not about the babies on the show really- and is my life like that? Not really at all. So I see it as entertainment.

Sure teen pregnancy is not all roses. But the situations that these girls are in make the show more interesting. That's why they are filmed I'm sure.

I wonder what happened to the girls on the last 16 and pregnant?? I don't want them to do a "Teen Mom" series for them though.. I like the 4 moms they have on now.

Me too! I don't want them to do another spin off of them... but I kind of wish they would do an update special on some of them.

I agree! I want to know what happend to some of them! I really want to know what happend to Leah (the one with twins with her rebound boyfriend)

Sure teen pregnancy is not all roses. But the situations that these girls are in make the show more interesting. That's why they are filmed I'm sure.

Exactly it's entertainment..

Now, do I think it's that great that they are raising their kids with cameras and tabloids etc.. not reallyyyyyy... I mean the kids don't know yet but honestly it will be really, really hard for them to live normally, they'll always be "Farrah from Teen Mom" etc. I just hope they don't get to the point Jon & Kate Gosselin got to, acting like divas and the paparazzi at their kids' parties and that.

Seriously... I hope not either!! I think Catelynn and Tyler will be the only ones who stay grounded. I love them!!

hi ladies, hope you all dont mind me putting my 2cents in... i'm no longer a teen mom but i had my first daughter at 17.. so i'm a former teen mom i guess?? :haha:
anywho i watch this show all the time and my stomach turns when i see Amber, Farrah annoys me but Amber makes me sick. I'm sure the show edits some bits and pieces but damn, who just lets there baby walk around alone all the time??? and she left her home alone???? my God!!! I hope Gary gets full custody of Leah and lets Amber get the help she so badly needs. I was not the perfect mother at 17, but my child was NEVER left home alone, always played with and when i hit her "father" she was never around :haha: ok totally kidding about the last part. but seriously what is this chics deal?? i would never let some guy i just picked up change my babys diaper. no flipping way.. and for the record i found my husband at walmart... :haha: he works there... so it is true you really can find everything at walmart, in Ambers case she found a super creepy guy with a record..... i found the man of my dreams :happydance:
thanks for letting me get all that off my chest ladies!!! :hugs:

I'm so glad there's going to be a 3rd season!
But for those of you who are wondering about Leah from the 2nd season of 16 and Pregnant I did a little snooping and found her website, I think? She has links to some of her pages and has proof pictures (where she takes a picture of her with a piece of paper with these websites URLs on them) so maybe you can see updates there? Here's the link, here! :flower:

Amber really has portrayed herself in a terrible light. I never see her doing anything with Leah except yelling at her and throwing her in her crib when she cries. To have no self control even when you know you're being filmed and this will be aired all over the country.... wow! She really does need help.

Wait so there's def going to be a 3rd season!? YAY!

:flower:

I just saw on E! News that Amber is apparently pregnant again.

PLEASE GOD NO!
This is one woman who needed to have her tubes tied.... 3 YEARS AGO.

If she is pregnant she is SCREWED

PLEASE GOD NO!

PLEASE GOD NO!

Ugh I hope not. If they don't like to use condoms she needs to get on some birth control!!

I hope it's not that chris guy's

she's like 15 right? she seems so much older.

Perez Hilton is saying she's pregnant again too...Gary's friend Jordan (I think that's the guy who tried to talk Gary into not babysitting Leah on Amber's birthday) is "confirming" it, but kind of implying that Gary might not be the father....I doubt he's a very reliable source!

https://perezhilton.com/2010-10-20-teen-mom-amber-portwood-pregnant-again#respond

OMG she better not be pregnant!!! and I doubt it is Chris' because on the reunion she said they ended it awhile ago. And if your talking about Amber when you asked her age...She is 20!

I can believe she's pregnant. That's disgusting. She is seriously horrible. BLAH

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->