tesco christmas card taken off the shelves!

tbh i don't like it and really don't see the funny side of it. i don't like how it's 'acceptable' to mock red haired people

Theres a "punch a ginger a day" group on Facebook ..... my brother in law joined it "without thinking" :growlmad: :growlmad:

Im always telling my kiddies that there hair is beautiful and to love it but i know that my 7 year would be devastated and not understand the joke at all if she was to see that card in Tesco :nope:

https://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i306/cariad_bach/100_1969.jpg

i think ginger hair is beautiful, i dont think anyone over here has got it,so was suprised to hear that they get bullied over hair colour. my cousin in england was bullied when he was younger and it made me so mad and i just dont understand why?

stupid card but i wouldnt go so far as to make a fuss.
even southpark did an episode but i dont remember how it turned out,

cariad your daughter has beautiful hair!

Wow cariad your daughter has beautiful haifr

TBH a black joke would have people up in arms

So why should this be any different
]xx

I am glad it has been removed, we can all say "lighten up" "get a sense of humour" which is alot easier for an adult to do, but little children not so.

IMO it makes out that bullying a child with red hair is acceptable, and it is most cetainly not.

Thanks guys ... yer i think her hairs lovely too :cloud9:

Im hoping she will love it and not want to cut it all off and dye it when shes older but i bet she will :roll:

Were quite lucky living where we do (anglesey) that red/Ginger hair is considered quite precious because of the close link to the Celts etc

When i first watched this on the news i thought gees ppl need to lighten up, and then i read this post and saw the piccy of Cariad's daughter and imagined her shopping with her mummy in tescos, coming across this card in the card section and asking 'mummy wats wrong with ginger hair' :cry::cry: god thats sad, im all for getting rid of it now, funny how u can change yr opinion on things by looking at it in a different perspective! xx

ps her hair is beautiful.

its obviously a sore point for her that her kids are ginger imo..... she needs to accept it was a a card..... and yeah sense of humour failure lol xx

Oooh I don't know where I sit. I love ginger hair and was always envious of my best friend having it. I would find the card funny but I have a dark sense of humour and would still find it funny if it said black etc but agree that if it did say black/jew blah blah it would never have been printed so why is this acceptable? And whilst it is humorous to me, I agree there's a time and place. I'd expect it on a Frankie Boyle dvd but not in a tescos card aisle.

Ginger hair and freckles are a sign of "natural beauty" apparently and I have to confess to having coloured my hair red in the past because I think it's gorgeous. My brother was IMO lucky enough to get red hair and freckles and was unfortunately bullied at school because of it, up until he got to about 13, started playing rugby and suddenly developed a physique like the Hulk lol. He wouldn't have seen the funny side at the time and I think a card like that would be bought with cruel intentions of taunting someone with ginger hair, someone who feels self-conscious about it. I had acne as a teenager and was really self-conscious about it. If i saw a card similar to that but referring to acne I'd be mortified. Unneccessary i think :growlmad:

TBH i saw it and laughed and thought of my cousin lol...its just a card!...its harmless people need to lighten up and learn to laugh at things and not always be sooo sensitive

people are making everyone into over sensitive people these days, kids are gonna hear alot worse from peoples mouths and we need to bring kids up stong and able to deal with lifes difficulties not shield them from EVERYTHING...bit OTT she complained lol

sorry if it offends as i have no problem with hair colour...its just that...a colour of hair..

TBH i saw it and laughed and thought of my cousin lol...its just a card!...its harmless people need to lighten up and learn to laugh at things and not always be sooo sensitive

people are making everyone into over sensitive people these days, kids are gonna hear alot worse from peoples mouths and we need to bring kids up stong and able to deal with lifes difficulties not shield them from EVERYTHING...bit OTT she complained lol

sorry if it offends as i have no problem with hair colour...its just that...a colour of hair..

That would be fine if people had the attitude to all things but would people feel the same if it was Skin colour :shrug: after all ... it is just that ... a colour of skin! but people wouldnt .. there'd be uproar.
:hugs:

I personally don't have a problem with the card ... to me its only the same as "English man, Scottish man, Irish man" jokes ... but i know my daughter would be really upset by it weather rightly or wrongly

it is really bad that things have to come to that.... no offence to any one but its like schools removing black boards and having white boards its stupidity imo i think its very sad that this the world today.............. lilly has a slight ginger tint to her hair and more so when we go abroad... and my cousin is full ginger i dont see the problem... its just the world today have the problem

That would be fine if people had the attitude to all things but would people feel the same if it was Skin colour :shrug: after all ... it is just that ... a colour of skin! but people wouldnt .. there'd be uproar.
:hugs:

I personally don't have a problem with the card ... to me its only the same as "English man, Scottish man, Irish man" jokes ... but i know my daughter would be really upset by it weather rightly or wrongly

I totally know what ur saying hun i dont intend wht i said to sound mean, i bet it wouldnt be nice for a child to read as they wouldnt "get" the joke...its just terrible its come to this where u have to watch every little thing u say, even not singing baa baa "black" sheep at nurserys, we have been told to sing "happy" sheep...isnt that teaching kids the wrong idea tho??! the world is crazy lol

Yeah, I can see why it's been removed & why some people would find it hurtful. But it's the same as all the blonde jokes isn't it? Why is it still OK for people to tell blonde jokes and not really be frowned upon?

But I do think it was right to be removed x

i think it was right to be removed its not at all funny imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"