tesco christmas card taken off the shelves!

I saw this card and laughed at it tbh, I find it hilarious, and was with my best friend (who is a ginger) and she found it hilarious too. Can understand why parents would find it offensive towards their children, but my best friend (who was in the shop) has a little brother who's like 9 who has bright ginger hair and couldn't understand one day when all the other kids started calling him copper top and telling him to "get back in his biscuit tin" and went home, and my friend said to just join in, otherwise its only going to get worse...he now enjoys being the ginger ninja:haha: and he joins in with the fun, not sees it as bullying.
If the parents get worked up about it, then so are the kids. If you tell your kids its jsut a bit of fun, then they aren't going to have any problems and will laugh with the people, instead of being laughed at. And besides, it'll all go by the time they get to Year 9 or whatever, then the dirty jokes start appearing....:haha:

The point is that some children do get bullied for having ginger hair, it knocks their self esteem and makes their school life unbearable. Are you telling me we should tell them to "lighten up" or "get a sense of humour"? Adults can rise above it, but children can't.

I saw this card and laughed at it tbh, I find it hilarious, and was with my best friend (who is a ginger) and she found it hilarious too. Can understand why parents would find it offensive towards their children, but my best friend (who was in the shop) has a little brother who's like 9 who has bright ginger hair and couldn't understand one day when all the other kids started calling him copper top and telling him to "get back in his biscuit tin" and went home, and my friend said to just join in, otherwise its only going to get worse...he now enjoys being the ginger ninja:haha: and he joins in with the fun, not sees it as bullying.
If the parents get worked up about it, then so are the kids. If you tell your kids its jsut a bit of fun, then they aren't going to have any problems and will laugh with the people, instead of being laughed at. And besides, it'll all go by the time they get to Year 9 or whatever, then the dirty jokes start appearing....:haha:

Considering that for some kids, it might not be an option whether they get teased or not for their hair color, this sounds like it could be a really excellent approach! I'm sure it might not work for everybody and depends on the circumstances and personalities involved, but if it is something that could be pulled off, it would really help circumvent or turn the situation around to their advantage. Glad to hear it worked out for your friend's brother! :)

Considering that for some kids, it might not be an option whether they get teased or not for their hair color, this sounds like it could be a really excellent approach! I'm sure it might not work for everybody and depends on the circumstances and personalities involved, but if it is something that could be pulled off, it would really help circumvent or turn the situation around to their advantage. Glad to hear it worked out for your friend's brother! :)

So am I, he's a good kid:flower: I know it might not work for everybody, but its the only way to get around little brats that bully people...(other than physical violence but thats not an option...:haha:)

I have crap self esteem and I honestly do hate the way I look, because of the way I was treated growing up for being ginger. I've grown up learning that how I look is disgusting and not right and that it is something to be ashamed of. If a child saw this card, then they would get the opinion it's ok to single out red headed people. I agree people need to laugh at themselves- I do all the time, but at the same time, I can't imagine anyone saying people need to 'take a joke' if the card said 'Santa loves all kids... even black ones'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->